Reccomend Text message system for football team..

Started by lynchbhoy, November 06, 2012, 09:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Would any of you be able to reccomend a reliable text message system  for use in the Dublin/midlands region - need to send text communications to players over the fothcoming season.

Previous system unreliable.

Any approx costs would be appreciated also!

TIA

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 06, 2012, 09:03:00 PM
Would any of you be able to reccomend a reliable text message system  for use in the Dublin/midlands region - need to send text communications to players over the fothcoming season.

Previous system unreliable.

Any approx costs would be appreciated also!

TIA
Why do you need a 3rd party system? Can you not set up a send to group on your normal phone and use it (assuming you have unlimited text which is usual on monthly contracts).

lynchbhoy

Unlimited texts don't extend to web version.
From my own experience , while I would have unlimited texts, I only have 500 texts per month from webtext.
Not completely convinced its reliable either ( though I wouldn't rule out some of the lazier players saying they never got the text when they actually did!).

Hence the question on third party system - thanks for your answer though.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 06, 2012, 09:12:29 PM
Teamer?
Nah chief - that's the one currently used.
Have found it completely unreliable !

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 06, 2012, 09:13:54 PM
Unlimited texts don't extend to web version.
From my own experience , while I would have unlimited texts, I only have 500 texts per month from webtext.
Not completely convinced its reliable either ( though I wouldn't rule out some of the lazier players saying they never got the text when they actually did!).

Hence the question on third party system - thanks for your answer though.
I think you need a 3rd party system.

Wildweasel74

Used teamer b4, was quite good, although i think it charged for txts depending on your phone provider

amallon

We use the GAA's management system for text and it's very good. We would have no problem recommending it.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

mick999

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 06, 2012, 09:15:53 PM
Teamer?

I have been using teamer for a couple of years for my 2 kids with 5 different teams and I find it great ..
Organiser for 1 of the teams and just a user for the others, but I haven't had any issues ..

What sort of problems did you have ?

Canalman

Have also used Teamer in the past and found it excellent.

Some of the less reliable players would claim "never got the text" when not the case. Maybe OP is basing his opinions on such statements.

mick999

Quote from: Canalman on November 07, 2012, 09:15:18 AM
Have also used Teamer in the past and found it excellent.

Some of the less reliable players would claim "never got the text" when not the case. Maybe OP is basing his opinions on such statements.

Had the same myself, but I love the fact that email and also iphone app integration means it is almost impossible not to have been notified ..

camanchero

Quote from: mick999 on November 07, 2012, 09:08:03 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 06, 2012, 09:15:53 PM
Teamer?

I have been using teamer for a couple of years for my 2 kids with 5 different teams and I find it great ..
Organiser for 1 of the teams and just a user for the others, but I haven't had any issues ..

What sort of problems did you have ?
people have siad they never received texts - have to say that on at least one occasion, I didnt receive one.

thanks for the responses lads..