Derry
Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

bennydorano

Entertaining enough game, great to see Dyas fit to play. I'm more impressed with Niall Grimley everytime I see him, genuine top class footballer. Burns in CB looks a potential class act, very like Andy Mallon. Good sub performance from Mini McShane, did give a couple of poor passes but he's in running for a Championship start. Murnin excellent but we need a bit of variation up front as one man forward lines are easy shut down.

I was trying to think what likely starters were missing? Paul Hughes & Mark Shields, anyone else??

southtyronegael

sound like a lot of singing/chanting in the background on tg4? no way it was from the crowd at  the game. crowd noise dubbed over?

mackers

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 31, 2018, 07:12:52 PM
sound like a lot of singing/chanting in the background on tg4? no way it was from the crowd at  the game. crowd noise dubbed over?
Crowd of eejits from Fermanagh never stopped singing through the match. Don't think we've got that bad in football that tg4 have to start dubbing over the sound of our games.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

imtommygunn

Yeah i thought it sounded like there was a bunch of fermanagh ultras lol.

our_fella

Your just lucky yous weren't in front of an uncooth "lady" from Fermanagh in premium level shouting to kick it into quigley, even when  ball was out of play... Fair few f**k Armagh w*****s thrown in there too...

LCohen

Fermanagh are awful to watch. Hit one ball into the full forward line before the black card and an attempt at the end to loft one in for a goal at the end drifted wide. In between they never even attempt to hit the Full forward line direct. They are pointless.

Promotion achieved but without serious improvement they will be chewed up and spat out by Division 2.

In parts of the game Armagh tried to play decent football. The only side who did. Promotion achieved but poor as Fermanagh were today if they had a left footed free taker they would probably have beaten us.

Hard to be enthusiastic.

Murnin was fantastic though

naka

Enjoyed the game , Armagh at times moved the ball well.
Thought Grimley and Murnin were in tip top form, if Murnin's distribution improves he will be some footballer. Lovely to see dyas back .
All in all nice evening but Brewster park will be tighter and nastier when it arrives.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: mackers on March 31, 2018, 09:04:24 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 31, 2018, 07:12:52 PM
Crowd of eejits from Fermanagh never stopped singing through the match. Don't think we've got that bad in football that tg4 have to start dubbing over the sound of our games.

Just ignore him, the Tyrone ones say he is a Fermanagh man masquerading as someone from Tyrone and only a fool would suggest that TG4 dubs crowd noise on to matches it televises.

armaghniac

Quote from: LCohen on March 31, 2018, 09:19:40 PM
In parts of the game Armagh tried to play decent football. The only side who did. Promotion achieved but poor as Fermanagh were today if they had a left footed free taker they would probably have beaten us.

Murnin was fantastic though

Armagh made an effort, but the passes need to be precise, Fermanagh are well drilled defensively.
As the left footed freetaker, Armagh need to stop giving away frees. Their tacking always looks a bit wild and most refs are going to give frees in this case. They need to examine why we give away more frees than we get, other than blaming the referee.

Dyas is potentially a good addition, someone to deliver a decent pass into the likes of Murnin.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Not having Orange tinted glasses on but Fermanagh seemed to get the free kicks a lot easier than Armagh, I will call a spade a spade i thought some of Armagh's tackling was wreckless/careless. Armagh are def light up front for natural scorers but it's great to see a few younger faces coming in and playing in HQ will certainly help them and give them a thirst for more...

How many of Fermanagh's scores were from play?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JP

Fermanagh are very difficult to watch! Very slow build up! They go down very easily looking to buy frees and the ref bought it over & over.... kept them in the game.

imtommygunn

Neutral here... I thought fermanagh got 3 maybe 4 suspect frees. They missed a few though. The two jones guys scored maybe 4 between them,  1 i think and mulrone 1. I don't remember that many more but suspect there were a couple. Quigley may have scored from play.A couple of frees they may have scored from play.

I like how armagh play the game. Lots of accurate kicking. Also it is good they don't look like gym monkeys with a few skinny enough mobile guys. I didn't think you would see that in a mcgeeney team. One thing i would say is they need better discipline as they lost ten yards at least 3 times if memory serves me correctly.

It could be a decent game in ulster. I would expect sean quigley on for longer and whatever pitch they play on will be tighter than croke so Armagh probably won't be able to play as expansive a game.

Ulster has a lot of close calls this year.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: JP on March 31, 2018, 10:30:51 PM
Fermanagh are very difficult to watch! Very slow build up! They go down very easily looking to buy frees and the ref bought it over & over.... kept them in the game.

Typical Rory Gallagher setup just like Donegal, buy a free and Murphy or McFadden will kick it over no need to rely on getting scores from play.

Overall terrible refereeing for both sides, just because it's division three shouldn't mean allocation of poor referees.

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2018, 10:06:23 PM
Not having Orange tinted glasses on but Fermanagh seemed to get the free kicks a lot easier than Armagh, I will call a spade a spade i thought some of Armagh's tackling was wreckless/careless. Armagh are def light up front for natural scorers but it's great to see a few younger faces coming in and playing in HQ will certainly help them and give them a thirst for more...

I know what you're saying but at the same time most of the frees Fermanagh got were frees. We need to tighten up for May. In fact had Quigjey brought his shooting boots out for the second half the result may have been different

naka

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2018, 11:13:34 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2018, 10:06:23 PM

I know what you're saying but at the same time most of the frees Fermanagh got were frees. We need to tighten up for May. In fact had Quigjey brought his shooting boots out for the second half the result may have been different
Would say a few frees were dives
Armagh seemed to work harder for their frees
My fear is the amount of wides we seem to stack up every game