Derry
Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

regal

Fair play to fermanagh as I didn't fancy them to beat Longford yesterday. Longford will be sick as they seemed to be the better team against both promoted teams.

Armagh's lack of depth in the squad is alarming but not surprising considering those not available. Any chance we could bring back Campbell, rian and oisin O'Neill for championship?

I don't see the point in bringing the division 3 & 4 finals to croke park. There will be very few there and the atmosphere will be non existent. Bring it to Omaha and get a half decent crowd

Shamrock Shore

Our football was cat - back and forth back and forth. I know Fermanagh set up defensively but we seem to be unable to kick the ball over the bar from 40 mtrs out.

I was worried about the Ulster ref - look, I've said it before, we always seem to come out on the wrong end of bad decisions. One or two at the end were just this side of dodge.......

But I begrudge Fermanagh nothing - they came to do a job and they did it. It's not pretty though.

I am gutted, as were the players at the end, but when I look back at last year I get some perspective. Our last kick from a perhaps dodgy free got us a draw in Belfast and saved us from Div 4 so perhaps swings and roundabouts.

The only other thing was that there was zero atmosphere at the game. The style of football sucked the life out of the crowd.

And as a final dig the Fermanagh supporters were a joy to mingle with - unlike some other Div 3 opponents of the past few years. Ahem!

FCUK it - nobody died.

DuffleKing

I will take the closing line as a shot at Armagh supporters SS!

In times past I'd have defended us with the 'every team has them' approach but I have been at 6 out of our 7 NFL games this year and I have to say I can see where the annoyance comes from. We have a large and loyal fan base for a division 3 team and each away game was well supported but there were several occasions in this campaign that I have been just plain embarrassed by the conduct of groups of our - usually older- supporters and have found myself shutting people up and apologising to opposition supporters.

At the minute we have an inordinately large portion of fans who don't go to club football or are even involved with clubs in any way. These are certainly a stay over from the 'glory days' when the bandwagon hooked on several trailers. These people are of course entitled to support Armagh and their money at the gate is as good as anyone's but they invariably are not very knowledgeable about the game and for whatever reason they seem to empower each other vocally. A not uncommon occurrence when a crew of these kick off abusing officials, opposition or Geezer I'll catch the eye of someone near who I don't quite know but played against or coached an u14 game on the sideline against and we'll both just shake our heads in mutual understanding that the fool's pardon card should be played.

The perfect example was yesterday - some lad from Carlow we'd never heard of was down to ref so before the game the crew I was with were lamenting the side effects of being in division 3 and gettting sent the also rans to officiate. As the game unfolded it became clear that the Carlow man was good and although we were getting a spanking everyone around me was commenting on his performance.

Fast forward through a nothing game where we started a batch of panelists before mounting a comeback that could have won the game but it would have been harsh on Wexford on the day. We're queuing to get down the steps out of the stand at the end and are treated to a group of 'supporters' waiting at the fence to abuse the ref and throw programs at him. Fcuk me I'd love to chase those clowns.

Orior

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 26, 2018, 09:23:42 AM

In times past I'd have defended us with the 'every team has them' approach but I have been at 6 out of our 7 NFL games this year and I have to say I can see where the annoyance comes from. We have a large and loyal fan base for a division 3 team and each away game was well supported but there were several occasions in this campaign that I have been just plain embarrassed by the conduct of groups of our - usually older- supporters and have found myself shutting people up and apologising to opposition supporters.

At the minute we have an inordinately large portion of fans who don't go to club football or are even involved with clubs in any way. These are certainly a stay over from the 'glory days' when the bandwagon hooked on several trailers. These people are of course entitled to support Armagh and their money at the gate is as good as anyone's but they invariably are not very knowledgeable about the game and for whatever reason they seem to empower each other vocally. A not uncommon occurrence when a crew of these kick off abusing officials, opposition or Geezer I'll catch the eye of someone near who I don't quite know but played against or coached an u14 game on the sideline against and we'll both just shake our heads in mutual understanding that the fool's pardon card should be played.

The perfect example was yesterday - some lad from Carlow we'd never heard of was down to ref so before the game the crew I was with were lamenting the side effects of being in division 3 and gettting sent the also rans to officiate. As the game unfolded it became clear that the Carlow man was good and although we were getting a spanking everyone around me was commenting on his performance.

Fast forward through a nothing game where we started a batch of panelists before mounting a comeback that could have won the game but it would have been harsh on Wexford on the day. We're queuing to get down the steps out of the stand at the end and are treated to a group of 'supporters' waiting at the fence to abuse the ref and throw programs at him. Fcuk me I'd love to chase those clowns.

+1
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on March 26, 2018, 10:33:02 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on March 26, 2018, 09:23:42 AM

+1

+1

I know exactly the type of fan you're talking about, i've seen them and heard them at games and it is embarrassing alright. I'd love to punch them in the face but usually have my kid with me so just bit my lip
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bord na Mona man

Had Sligo and Derry agreed to play for a draw, but when word came through that Offaly were bridging the 6 point scoring difference deficit, Sligo had to go for the win?

Shamrock Shore

QuoteI will take the closing line as a shot at Armagh supporters SS!

Some Armagh supporters DK. Some.

But look - it's all done and dusted now. If me aunt has balls etc.

I will look at starting a campaign that when county teams from different provinces meet that the ref should be from a neutral province.

I will raise the matter at club level to get a motion drafted.

magpie seanie

I wasn't there but it certainly didn't appear to be the case from the radio commentary. Sligo were 4 points down with about 15-20 minutes to go and looked like we were gone. From the tempo and excitement of the game I think it's virtually impossible there was any agreement.

Great character by our players and I think vindication of what many of us believe about our team. When we're let play we'll leak a few scores but we can get scores ourselves. We're beyond clueless when in the strait jacket of 14 men behind the ball. Saw a photo of Corey after the game and he looked a very relieved man.....I'm sure he knows now the best way to set us up. 6 weeks to London where we've a score to settle.

FermGael

5 p.m on Saturday for the final
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

WT4E

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 26, 2018, 12:32:58 PM
I wasn't there but it certainly didn't appear to be the case from the radio commentary. Sligo were 4 points down with about 15-20 minutes to go and looked like we were gone. From the tempo and excitement of the game I think it's virtually impossible there was any agreement.

Great character by our players and I think vindication of what many of us believe about our team. When we're let play we'll leak a few scores but we can get scores ourselves. We're beyond clueless when in the strait jacket of 14 men behind the ball. Saw a photo of Corey after the game and he looked a very relieved man.....I'm sure he knows now the best way to set us up. 6 weeks to London where we've a score to settle.

Wouldn't anyone be?

David McKeown

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 26, 2018, 12:27:41 PM
QuoteI will take the closing line as a shot at Armagh supporters SS!

Some Armagh supporters DK. Some.

But look - it's all done and dusted now. If me aunt has balls etc.

I will look at starting a campaign that when county teams from different provinces meet that the ref should be from a neutral province.

I will raise the matter at club level to get a motion drafted.

Strange I've often asked for the same thing but for an almost opposite reason. I've always thought Ulster refs were particularly hard on Armagh. I have thought that other provinces refs have tended to favour their own though to some extent
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Quote from: FermGael on March 26, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

Glad it's in Croke Park. I don't see the point in having a final in a league competition unless it's in Croke Park.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

illdecide

Engineering works on the railway line from Drogheda to Dublin so bus service operating on Saturday...FFS
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: David McKeown on March 26, 2018, 02:02:24 PM
Quote from: FermGael on March 26, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

Glad it's in Croke Park. I don't see the point in having a final in a league competition unless it's in Croke Park.

I don't see the point in having a final in a league competition even if it is in Croke Park.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Div 3 next year with Louth,Westmeath,Longford,Offaly,Carlow,Laois is like a mini Leinster championship