BT Sport

Started by Gaffer, July 27, 2013, 10:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Anyone signed up to this ? Wondering is it worth investing in if you have sky sports already ?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Minder

Quote from: Gaffer on July 27, 2013, 10:56:29 AM
Anyone signed up to this ? Wondering is it worth investing in if you have sky sports already ?

Well if you have BT Broadband it's free so not much of a decision to make !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Have signed up. Like Minder says I have BT Broadband so it is free - very easy decision.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 27, 2013, 11:11:27 AM
Have signed up. Like Minder says I have BT Broadband so it is free - very easy decision.

Where did i say you had BT Broadband ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theticklemister

So does it appear on yer tv or internet explorer if yer already a member?

commonman

QuoteSetanta unveils Premier League fixtures

Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal each feature six times on Setanta Sports, which for the first time includes top pick Saturday 12:45 games on BT Sport, in the opening few weeks of the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season.

First up on BT Sport on August 17th at 12.45 is Liverpool's clash with Stoke at Anfield, which will be followed by Aston Villa's trip to Arsenal at 15.00 on Setanta.

Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal each feature 6 times during the opening weeks, with the Merseyside derby between Everton and Liverpool scheduled for November 23rd.

Another top pick is Tottenham's clash with Manchester United on November 30th at 12.45 on BT Sport, while another early highlight on September 28th sees former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas welcome his former mentor Jose Mourinho, who is back in charge of the Blues, to White Hart Lane.

The same afternoon Manchester United will host West Brom on Setanta, while Manchester City will entertain Everton in front of the BT Sport cameras on October 5th.

From August 1st Setanta subscribers will receive three new channels BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN resulting in an increase from 33 matches to 71 Premier League matches over the coming season. Setanta subscribers will have 28 BT Sport Saturday games with a 12.45pm kick off and 18 of these will be top pick games which means Setanta subscribers will have access to the highest profile fixtures on 18 weekends over the season.
Fans of both Liverpool and Manchester United do not have to wait until the start of the season to see their teams in action as the Reds' pre-season game against Preston North End will be broadcast on Setanta Ireland this Saturday, July 13th at 15.00.

In addition Steven Gerrard testimonial against Olympiacos will be shown on BT Sport on August 3rd with Rio Ferdinand's testimonial between United and Sevilla set for August 9th.

"This is a very exciting time for us in Setanta with the addition of BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN," Brian Quinn, Marketing Operations Director of Setanta Sports said.

"To have 71 Barclays Premier League games this season including 18 top picks is fantastic.  We feel that our initial fixture list as announced today will appeal to most football fans but of course fans of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal will be particularly pleased.

"Having games like the Merseyside derby, Spurs v Man United and Chelsea v Spurs is a real step up in quality for us. Also BT Sport have only used 5 of their 18 top picks which means there are even more big clashes to come."

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Syferus

Really feckin' annoyed at ESPN jumping ship. Robbing basta*ds.

naka

Pissed off
Because am a business user they are trying to charge 12 pounds a month
Told them to feck off

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 27, 2013, 11:11:27 AM

I have BT Broadband, but its that shíte I can't get BT sport.

Is there a set top box option of some sort or other?

ned

You can get BT Sport through Sky or through your PC if you have a BT broadband sub.

AZOffaly

I can't believe ESPN America is biting the dust with this rejigging. I hope they show some of the NCAA matches on ESPN proper.

imtommygunn

JC if you log into your BT account you should be able to get an option to add it to your sky. You'll need your sky viewing card number but can get that easy enough from the box. I ordered it last night so hopefully it will turn up ok when they turn it on.(Presumably on August the 1st as that's the cut off date fo signing up)

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2013, 01:22:45 PM
JC if you log into your BT account you should be able to get an option to add it to your sky. You'll need your sky viewing card number but can get that easy enough from the box. I ordered it last night so hopefully it will turn up ok when they turn it on.(Presumably on August the 1st as that's the cut off date fo signing up)

Don't have Sky either, just the old freeview TV's. They do have the channels coming up on them, but not sure how I'd activate them,,

imtommygunn