Mayo v Dublin - AISF - Saturday 5pm

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 04, 2019, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 19, 2019, 01:29:29 PM
Because Mayo were still a developing side back in 2012.  Furthermore, they had lost their ace forward, Andy Moran in the quarter final against Down and he was the most valuable player on the team.. no question about that. Leading up to the final, Alan Dillon was reported doubtful because he had a dose of flu and was only passed fit to play just before the game. Aidan O'Shea was injured during training and it certainly affected his game.
To cap it all Mayo's kamikaze characteristics were there to be seen when they let in two of the softest goals you will ever see on AI day.
However, the following year with the added experience and a full side they knocked the stuffing out of Donegal.

;D Do you even realise how pathetic all of this sounds? I would love to hear a response from a Donegal man. Nothing but excuses for every Mayo defeat.  I wasn't a bit surprised that the Mayo fans turned to targeting Con O'Callaghan after the semi final and accusing him of using drugs because they couldn't accept the reality that he made a fool out of Keegan.

From the Bunker

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 19, 2019, 05:18:59 PM
Because Mayo were still a developing side back in 2012.  Furthermore, they had lost their ace forward, Andy Moran in the quarter final against Down and he was the most valuable player on the team.. no question about that. Leading up to the final, Alan Dillon was reported doubtful because he had a dose of flu and was only passed fit to play just before the game. Aidan O'Shea was injured during training and it certainly affected his game.
To cap it all Mayo's kamikaze characteristics were there to be seen when they let in two of the softest goals you will ever see on AI day.
However, the following year with the added experience and a full side they knocked the stuffing out of Donegal.

;D Do you even realise how pathetic all of this sounds? I would love to hear a response from a Donegal man. Nothing but excuses for every Mayo defeat.  I wasn't a bit surprised that the Mayo fans turned to targeting Con O'Callaghan after the semi final and accusing him of using drugs because they couldn't accept the reality that he made a fool out of Keegan.

Donegal were by far the best team in 2012. And fully deserved their victory. They were a bit lucky to beat Dublin in 2014! But they rode their luck and pulled off something that would be near impossible on the evolved 2nd generation of this team.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 19, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Well, you asked a loaded question and I gave you an answer. I did not and will not make excuses. I went out of my way to rubbish claims that C re b toon was on steroids and there was no Mayo posters
link g up to a cause him of this either. You are programmed to find fault with anything Mayo posters have to say and logic has no part in you makeup.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

TheGreatest

I am surprised this thread is still going, By reading the posts on here it is still hurting, lots of complaints and excuses.

Anyone want to summarise the excuses here:

Cork   0-17           Mayo   1-11   
Meath 0-12           Mayo   1-9               (Draw)
Meath 2-9           Mayo   1-11               (Replay)
Kerry   0-13           Mayo   1-7   
Kerry   1-20           Mayo   2-9   
Kerry   4-15           Mayo   3-5   
Donegal 2-11           Mayo   0-13   

Dublin 2-12            Mayo   1-14   
Dublin 2-9           Mayo   0-15   
Dublin 1-15           Mayo   1-14   
Dublin 1-17           Mayo   1-16   

t_mac

MayoBuck

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 20, 2019, 01:22:32 PM
I am surprised this thread is still going, By reading the posts on here it is still hurting, lots of complaints and excuses.

It's interesting how infatuated Dublin people are with Mayo. Over on reservoir dubs they've an entire thread dedicated to taking the piss out of Aidan O'Shea.

TheGreatest

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 20, 2019, 01:29:22 PM

It's interesting how infatuated Dublin people are with Mayo. Over on reservoir dubs they've an entire thread dedicated to taking the piss out of Aidan O'Shea.

Nothing new there, sure they take the piss out of everyone including the likes of Dorothy (Donaghy) Childish but amusing.

From the Bunker

Not so long ago you could have put up the same stats about Dublin. But ye got a bit more help getting over the line with a litany of home fixtures and Financial doping!

I really hope ye win! A Kerry win would only prolong this madness for more years!

TheGreatest

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2019, 01:35:51 PM

Not so long ago you could have put up the same stats about Dublin. But ye got a bit more help getting over the line with a litany of home fixtures and Financial doping!

I really hope ye win! A Kerry win would only prolong this madness for more years!

The above is finals only, Dublin were usually embarresed by the semis by Kerry, Tyrone and others, but the bottom line was Dublin were not good enough to win it and  i think that in most cases acceptable view held by the majority of Dublin fans, not excuses blaming everything and everyone before looking at themselves. However, if you talking early 90s, they did eventually get over the line. And i do believe Mayo have been good enought to win one, but have blown it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 20, 2019, 01:45:11 PM

The above is finals only, Dublin were usually embarresed by the semis by Kerry, Tyrone and others, but the bottom line was Dublin were not good enough to win it and  i think that in most cases acceptable view held by the majority of Dublin fans, not excuses blaming everything and everyone before looking at themselves. However, if you talking early 90s, they did eventually get over the line. And i do believe Mayo have been good enought to win one, but have blown it.

If you are not good enough you are not good enough. Bar '96 and 2013-17 Mayo were a fair distance off winning Sam. Dublin lost a fair amount of Big Games where they had an above average group of players between 1983 and 2010. They had as much of a name for choking on the big day as Mayo have. There is a direct correlation with Dublins success in relation to them getting more home games and Financial help. You may not like to hear this but the stats prove it.

Best of luck next Sunday. I will be cheering ye.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2019, 01:55:26 PM

If you are not good enough you are not good enough. Bar '96 and 2013-17 Mayo were a fair distance off winning Sam. Dublin lost a fair amount of Big Games where they had an above average group of players between 1983 and 2010. They had as much of a name for choking on the big day as Mayo have. There is a direct correlation with Dublins success in relation to them getting more home games and Financial help. You may not like to hear this but the stats prove it.

There was a direct correlation between Tyrone and Kerry being better than Dublin and their victories in Croke Park, no excuses for Dublin!! Westmeath and Laois beat Dublin in Croke park back then as well as even then Dublin played all their games in Croker in that period (except for a few qualifiers)

You can then see these teams regressing through retirements of some of the best players ever to wear their county jersies. At the same time Dublin have seen all time great players come through. All this has played a part in Dublin's dominance, but sure it's just the money that has Dublin on top.

It is a bit worrying that you're supporting Dublin in the final (I just hope you're not going) When Mayo fans go to an All Ireland final to support their team on All Ireland day it never ends in victory.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on August 20, 2019, 04:18:13 PM

There was a direct correlation between Tyrone and Kerry being better than Dublin and their victories in Croke Park, no excuses for Dublin!! Westmeath and Laois beat Dublin in Croke park back then as well as even then Dublin played all their games in Croker in that period (except for a few qualifiers)

You can then see these teams regressing through retirements of some of the best players ever to wear their county jersies. At the same time Dublin have seen all time great players come through. All this has played a part in Dublin's dominance, but sure it's just the money that has Dublin on top.

It is a bit worrying that you're supporting Dublin in the final (I just hope you're not going) When Mayo fans go to an All Ireland final to support their team on All Ireland day it never ends in victory.

The losses to Tyrone and Kerry were before the Doping Kicked in Pre-2011.  Look at the over whelming stats post that! As for me shouting for Dublin. I was shouting for them last year as well. Didn't do them any harm!

larryin89

Beautiful Meath , banks of the Lee , kingdom of Kerry , destination Donegal , rare aul times. All songs of county pride . Mayo don't have one and that's why they'll never win an all Ireland , stupid songs performed by galway people , it's all so airy fairy and fake .

''Tis the truth I tell Ya , I've tried every other logical excuse and they don't work for so many final losses.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2019, 05:34:14 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 20, 2019, 04:18:13 PM

The losses to Tyrone and Kerry were before the Doping Kicked in Pre-2011.  Look at the over whelming stats post that! As for me shouting for Dublin. I was shouting for them last year as well. Didn't do them any harm!

What a load of s**e. You could try make an argument for current players like O'Callaghan, Murchan, Scully coming through with thanks to funding but to claim it benefited the 2011 team is just more of your bitter and deluded nonsense. Alot of the 2011 team played in CROKE PARK when hammered out the gate by Tipp and Tyrone in earlier years. Gilroy changed the mentality of that team not money. You clearly missed that what with only hopping on the dublin bandwagon the last few years.

MayoBuck

Quote from: dublin7 on August 20, 2019, 10:34:09 PM
What a load of s**e. You could try make an argument for current players like O'Callaghan, Murchan, Scully coming through with thanks to funding but to claim it benefited the 2011 team is just more of your bitter and deluded nonsense. Alot of the 2011 team played in CROKE PARK when hammered out the gate by Tipp and Tyrone in earlier years. Gilroy changed the mentality of that team not money. You clearly missed that what with only hopping on the dublin bandwagon the last few years.

The argument is that Dublin only started playing their home league games in Croke Park in 2011. No doubt that contributed to their up turn in fortunes. Would you not agree?