Mayo v Donegal - Sunday 2nd April 2pm MacHale Park

Started by Farrandeelin, March 27, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

That All-Ireland semi final replay in the appropriate venue for it that is the Gaelic Grounds remains one of my favourite GAA games of all time. Football was the real winner in the end.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Owenmoresider on March 28, 2017, 02:27:02 PM
That All-Ireland semi final replay in the appropriate venue for it that is the Gaelic Grounds remains one of my favourite GAA games of all time. Football was the real winner in the end.

Kerry was the real winner in the end and forget your hogwash. You are not Eugene McGee by any chance?

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on March 28, 2017, 01:06:44 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 12:59:34 PM
The funny thing is, that was a hugely enjoyable game for the neutrals watching on telly.
I can't even remember why Mayo fans were so mad at him afterwards.
Was it something to do with black cards?
The reality is that Aidan O'Shea and Cillian O'Connor had to sit out a good chunk of the game with head injuries and that was probably the difference in the end.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/CknIVCsoVYs

You can hear Plámás O'Se sneering in the background.

ardtole

As a neutral, I thought Reilly robbed mayo blind that day. If it was one big decision he got wrong you could understand but it was probably closer to 10/12 more than dubious calls.

Jinxy

We've been robbed blind by Paudie Hughes on several occasions.
Life goes on.
Michael Collins from Cork used to hate us as well.
It was only one game lads.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 01:34:07 PM
I dunno.
Bad decisions usually balance out over a game anyway.

Unfortunately Jinxy with Cormac they don't. He is a very poor ref, as in he stands out a mile as a poor ref in a non vintage intercounty crop of refs we have at the moment.

Does he have some personal vendetta against Mayo , I highly doubt it. Does he deserve all the personal abuse he will most likely get on Sunday , No , but to argue he is anything but a very poor referee is a nigh on impossible case to make.

I have watched him cause mayhem at club level in Meath as he a has a very bad habit of reffing one side to the rules and letting the other side get away with murder then just letting everything go on both sides when he loses control of the game which funny enough seem to end in brawls frequently enough with him on the whistle!!Also he seems to have no idea how to ref the tackle area at all!!

People forget that in the quarter final that year between Mayo and Cork he absolutely rode Cork in that game with the famous row over how long he told Colm O' Neill was left when he took that last free!!

Still though bad and all that he was handing over about 1-3 to Kerry for nothing and the fact the game might as well have been in Killarney to save the west Kerry lads even more diesel money , we still should have one that game and it was factors in Mayo's control not really any of the above nonsense/incompetence that lost the game for us. That for me (not Cormac Reilly  /the Gaelic Grounds/or big Supermacs Mayo Mick Barrett fiasco) is what really hurt after that loss!!

(P.S. Az I still like the Gaelic Grounds even after all that! ;D)

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 03:03:04 PM
We've been robbed blind by Paudie Hughes on several occasions.
Life goes on.
Michael Collins from Cork used to hate us as well.
It was only one game lads.
And ironically the Mayo county secretary in his refereeing days in quite recent times rarely gave any Sligo team he reffed a fair shake.

Jinxy

In fairness to Cormac, he makes a far better linesman.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

Will the great man be welcoming Mr Reilly to Castlebar?

greatpoint

In fairness now, Mayo would have won the All-Ireland in 2014 if it wasn't for Cormac Reilly.

Hound

Quote from: greatpoint on March 28, 2017, 04:18:00 PM
In fairness now, Mayo would have won the All-Ireland in 2014 if it wasn't for Cormac Reilly.
That's debatable. Who's to say what a different ref would have done and what different mistakes he'd have made. Plus there was a final to negotiate.

What is clear is that if Aidan and Cillian hadn't crashed into each other, very unfortunately, Mayo would have reached the final

greatpoint

Quote from: Hound on March 28, 2017, 04:22:33 PM
That's debatable. Who's to say what a different ref would have done and what different mistakes he'd have made. Plus there was a final to negotiate.

What is clear is that if Aidan and Cillian hadn't crashed into each other, very unfortunately, Mayo would have reached the final

Ah no come on now Hound, Mayo were definitely going to win it that year.

whitey

If that cvnt Reilly had an ounce of self awareness or introspection he would have hung up the whistle after Limerick.

It shows what an arrogant pr1ck he is the hat he has the balls to come down to Castlebar for a vital league match.....this could end very badly

J70

J70

Remarkable faith in a team with an AI final record like Mayo.