Donegal v Monaghan - Sunday, March 26, 2017, 15:00 - Ballyshannon

Started by GrandMasterFlash, March 23, 2017, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

twohands!!!

Christ but the Monaghan shooting has been brutal this half.

Main Street

The way to go is to pause the NS commentary when the video stream lags.

Main Street

J70

Game picked up after that monster Murphy point. Donegal will be disappointed with the draw having lead so late. Anyone know what the penalty was for?

Schkite

Fair play McManus, cometh the hour cometh the man. Had a very quiet day but serious cool to bury that penalty. Haven't seen or heard what it was for but I'll not complain! Donegal will be the more annoyed team after performing much better in the second half, but it's apt for this game to end in a draw seeing as they know each other so well at this stage.

This sets up a big winner takes all match in Clones next week for a final spot. Looking a bit ominous the way Dublin are playing but these are the games you want to test yourself against the very best. I just wonder who we've pissed off to get Dublin at the end of every league campaign, when they've everyone back and flying!

straightred

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 26, 2017, 04:22:13 PM
Christ but the Monaghan shooting has been brutal this half.

anyone know a site to give stats.I was watching it on michael murphy sports facebook page with NS commentary.Seemed like monaghan had a big number of wides or balls dropping short.

Ref blew very quick for the penalty. Seemed to be a pull on darren hughes. No replay though

straightred

Quote from: Schkite on March 26, 2017, 04:49:23 PM
Fair play McManus, cometh the hour cometh the man. Had a very quiet day but serious cool to bury that penalty. Haven't seen or heard what it was for but I'll not complain! Donegal will be the more annoyed team after performing much better in the second half, but it's apt for this game to end in a draw seeing as they know each other so well at this stage.

This sets up a big winner takes all match in Clones next week for a final spot. Looking a bit ominous the way Dublin are playing but these are the games you want to test yourself against the very best. I just wonder who we've pissed off to get Dublin at the end of every league campaign, when they've everyone back and flying!

if they did  beat the dubs next week the prize might well be another game against them in croker unless donegal beat mayo

twohands!!!

Quote from: straightred on March 26, 2017, 05:15:12 PM

if they did  beat the dubs next week the prize might well be another game against them in croker unless donegal beat mayo

Yeah I really can't see Monaghan fancying 2 games in 2 weeks against the Dubs all that much.

Schkite

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 26, 2017, 05:17:59 PM

Yeah I really can't see Monaghan fancying 2 games in 2 weeks against the Dubs all that much.

I don't think any team would fancy that! But if Tyrone win, would they not be in the final, if Donegal failed to win?

straightred

Quote from: Schkite on March 26, 2017, 05:39:56 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on March 26, 2017, 05:17:59 PM

I don't think any team would fancy that! But if Tyrone win, would they not be in the final, if Donegal failed to win?

That would put tyrone on 9 but probably behind dublin on points diff regardless of Dublins result

Fuzzman

Yeah only way Tyrone can qualify is if we beat Kerry and both Donegal and Monaghan lose.
I've a feeling all three of us will lose.  :D

I really can't understand some people saying things like their team might not want to get to the final in case of getting a hammering against the Dubs. Surely everyone wants to get to Croker and have a shot against them.