NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I've a funny feeling we'll get something from the Donegal game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 27, 2017, 09:24:41 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 27, 2017, 12:41:16 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 26, 2017, 11:53:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 26, 2017, 10:36:36 PM
Quote from: Hill16 Blues on March 26, 2017, 10:15:38 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on March 26, 2017, 10:00:52 PM
Quote from: Hill16 Blues on March 26, 2017, 09:42:43 PM
Sure on the basis our 5500 season ticket holders can be accomodated. Will beat the living daylights out of you regardless of where it's played. No doubt you'll find something else to whinge & complain about then.

You get promoted and that's the first thing you think of. You never stop do you! Youre a sad fn excuse for an inter county team. Great to have you back in Div 1. That's 2 points guaranteed and a damn good hiding to go with it

I'm just 1 contrary fan, I'm sure the team itself will be focusing on the next game and trying to improve. The only thing I would like to see is that teams are treated fairly in terms of getting to play home games, it was a disgrace in 2013 to only have 2 league games played in Newbridge (our county board were culpable too).

We love that ye still have a bitter hatred against us even though we are absolutely no threat whatsoever to Dublin's dominance.

Bitter hatred? Nah! It's more pity and disdain. Couldn't give a fiddlers about you other you never never stop moaning & whinging about Dublin. You fckd your money away on McGeeney. You have a sh1tehole of a ground that isn't capable of hosting Div 1 games. Sort your own sh1t out and stop whinging like a fn 4 year old about Dublin.

Says the lad who has to go to our national stadium to play their home games. Why don't ya use Parnell Park? (There won't be an answer THIB goes to bed early - It's a School night!)

I wish it were a "School night".

I remember Dublin beating Mayo in the replay of the 1955 AI semi final and I can't remember many Mayo wins against the Dubs since then.

Ah, THIB did ya get out of bed for a piss? As predicted you did not answer my question? Why don't ye use Parnell Park instead of our National Stadium? Did ye by any chance not spend a penny on it the last 20 years? And decided to use a ready made home instead? How convenient!

How many Championship games have ye won playing away to Mayo since 1955? I bet we have beaten ye more times when we are playng away from home?

It's getting close to three quarters of a century since Mayo won a senior All Ireland. Is it not a case of "irrational exuberance" on the part of Mayo supporters to believe that they will ever win another?
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 27, 2017, 09:25:39 AM

You have more riding on the result than Donegal, you'll be playing at home, and Donegal have a fairly young, light team.

It would hardly be a shock if you get something out of it! :)

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 27, 2017, 09:25:39 AM

Sickening arrogance.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

I suppose Mayo lads are entitled to a bit of a swagger after putting Tyrone to the sword in Omagh. What was the schemozzle count in Omagh?

Monaghan V Donegal was played in such sporting spirit that it  had a children's certificate.

Fuzzman

The permutations going into the last round are fascinating.
At the end of the Tyrone v Mayo match I more or less had given up hope of making the final as Donegal were beating Monaghan. However with that match ending in a draw it has left several different permutations possible.

The big one as a Tyrone fan is that Donegal are away to Mayo who could still get relegated.
Should Cavan beat Roscommon they go onto 6 points level with Mayo so should Mayo lose and Kerry draw or win then Mayo will go down as they will be level on points with Cavan but Cavan beat them. This hopefully will give Mayo a huge incentive not to lose to Donegal.

Should Tyrone draw in Kerry then they would be level on 8 points with Donegal and Monaghan (should they lose to Dublin) with a score difference of 10. So if Donegal lose by 2 or less they would go through to the final, otherwise Tyrone will.

If Monaghan win they go through no matter what.

There are lots of other permutations as well such as Dublin beat Monaghan, Donegal draw with Mayo and Tyrone beat Kerry so Donegal and Tyrone would be level on 9 points but Donegal go through as they beat Tyrone head to head.However, if Donegal and Monaghan draw and Tyrone win by 3 or more then Tyrone go through to the final.

If both Donegal and Monaghan win then both go through to the final and the Dubs are out
Roscommon and Kerry are the only teams that don't have much to play for.

Rossfan

Leave us out of it!
We were concentrating on the Championship buy now seem to have switched to a 3 year plan.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

skeog

Fuzzman you have the permutations spot on,nobody seems keen to play the Dubs only Tyrone imo.

Redhand Santa

If Mayo and Dublin both win would Kerry not come back into it with a victory? They'd be level with Monaghan and Donegal on 8 points. Not sure what way the scoring difference is between the three though.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 29, 2017, 05:00:23 PM
Leave us out of it!
We were concentrating on the Championship buy now seem to have switched to a 3 year plan.
Think of the neighbours Roscommon!

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 29, 2017, 04:25:48 PM
The permutations going into the last round are fascinating.
At the end of the Tyrone v Mayo match I more or less had given up hope of making the final as Donegal were beating Monaghan. However with that match ending in a draw it has left several different permutations possible.

The big one as a Tyrone fan is that Donegal are away to Mayo who could still get relegated.
Should Cavan beat Roscommon they go onto 6 points level with Mayo so should Mayo lose and Kerry draw or win then Mayo will go down as they will be level on points with Cavan but Cavan beat them. This hopefully will give Mayo a huge incentive not to lose to Donegal.

Should Tyrone draw in Kerry then they would be level on 8 points with Donegal and Monaghan (should they lose to Dublin) with a score difference of 10. So if Donegal lose by 2 or less they would go through to the final, otherwise Tyrone will.

If Monaghan win they go through no matter what.

There are lots of other permutations as well such as Dublin beat Monaghan, Donegal draw with Mayo and Tyrone beat Kerry so Donegal and Tyrone would be level on 9 points but Donegal go through as they beat Tyrone head to head.However, if Donegal and Monaghan draw and Tyrone win by 3 or more then Tyrone go through to the final.

If both Donegal and Monaghan win then both go through to the final and the Dubs are out
Roscommon and Kerry are the only teams that don't have much to play for.

Got the important bits there Fuzzman.  A few very longshots exist...Mayo could make the final or be relegated depending on results and margin of victories.

Will Monaghan want to beat Dublin, with the prize being a rematch the following week if Mayo beat or draw with Donegal? 

How many draws next week for the cynical amongst us?  Mayo/Donegal and Kerry/Tyrone?  What odds that double?

Redhand Santa

Why would Tyrone or Donegal want to draw their games?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 29, 2017, 08:21:16 PM

No downside to either team if they draw...or their opponents either.  In neutral venues, Tyrone and Donegal would probably be tipped to win.  Since Kerry and Mayo  have the home advantage, that couple of points swing might make a very tight margin in the end.  Throw the price of a pint on both games ending level and go home a half hour earlier on Saturday night and Sunday night could be enjoyable.  I see 15/2 for each game to end level by the way.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 29, 2017, 09:28:42 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 29, 2017, 08:21:16 PM

No downside to either team if they draw...or their opponents either.  In neutral venues, Tyrone and Donegal would probably be tipped to win.  Since Kerry and Mayo  have the home advantage, that couple of points swing might make a very tight margin in the end.  Throw the price of a pint on both games ending level and go home a half hour earlier on Saturday night and Sunday night could be enjoyable.  I see 15/2 for each game to end level by the way.
Apart from the fact Mayo have a brutal home record.

Whishtup

Tyrone's forwards to finally fire and whip Kerry with a goal spree.
Mayo to beat a weakened Donegal side.
Cavan to trounce a dispirited Roscommon.
Warmed up Dubs to hammer Monaghan.

Kerry and Roscommon relegated, Tyrone and Dublin in Final.

Dublin to flatten Tyrone in final.