The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

A good performance from Ireland today and no injuries to key players. Earls hurt his knee again but it doesn't look too bad.

Owen Brannigan

Oh no! Ranked No.1 by beating Wales.

Except in 2007, the team list at No.1 in the rankings before the world cup has gone on to win it!

Itchy

Cerys to win the world cup tonight after crushing Wales in two challenge matches. Time for a new play or perhaps an rte documentary

Wildweasel74

No. 1 on paper only, any team that took 50 against England 3wks bck no right to be rated no. 1

Tony Baloney

Those rankings are practically irrelevant now. The England match did no harm in tempering expectations. Some srrious game management required to keep lads fit. Sexton took a late hit off someone yesterday and I suspect he'll get plenty of that treatment in the WC.

Estimator

Looking like Henshaw is out of the World Cup and Addison heading out as a replacement.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Capt Pat

That is a shame for him. However Ringrose is the better outside centre.

Ball Hopper

Threat of rain in Japan.  If the Ireland/Scotland game is postponed, it will not be rescheduled.  Instead, it will be called a draw.

Should be in the WTF thread?

dec

Welsh coach Rob Howley sent home from the World Cup for some betting related offence

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/49733089

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 17, 2019, 03:47:05 PM
Threat of rain in Japan.  If the Ireland/Scotland game is postponed, it will not be rescheduled.  Instead, it will be called a draw.

Can't be true surely.

Baile Brigín 2

How else do you think they manage cancelled games at tournaments like this?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 17, 2019, 04:54:32 PM

Was there not a rainstorm at the Euros a few years ago, they had to play a game the next day. Turkey are in my head for some reason.

Helix.

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 17, 2019, 05:06:18 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 17, 2019, 04:54:32 PM

Was there not a rainstorm at the Euros a few years ago, they had to play a game the next day. Turkey are in my head for some reason.

It was actually England vs Poland Euro 2012

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/19941036

Never beat the deeler

Yep, I read an article a couple of weeks ago on this.

There is a scenario that say, Australia, Fiji and Wales each beat each other in Pool D. Australia go into their last game against Namibia looking for a points difference boost win against Namibia.
Pissing rain, the game is a draw and Australia are out.
Hasta la victoria siempre

GetOverTheBar

Not Irish Rugby related as such....but what a way to start the World Cup on Sat Morning properly.....South Africa and New Zealand could be a classic.

Even France / Argies beforehand I'd quietly expect to be a barnstormer.