Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2010, 12:42:41 PM
Jasus them Cullyhanna men are brave if they take Lurgan women home...lol
x2  :D
I'd say manys a cullyhanna man would meet his match in the form of a lurgan lady!!

Onion Bag

Predictions

Armagh Intermediate Football Championship
1st Round
Sarsfields v Shane O'Neill's = Sarfields
Silverbridge v Middletown = Bridge
St Peter's v An Port Mor = St Peters
Ballyhegan v Keady = Keady
Madden v Wolfe Tone = Madden
Collegeland v Culloville = Culloville
Byes – St Paul's & Tir na nÓg

Armagh Junior Football Championship
Preliminary Round
Eire Og v Dorsey Emmett's =Eire Og
Killean v Annaghmore = Annaghmore
Grange v Phelim Brady's = Grange 
1st Round
Clonmore v Forkhill = Clonmore
Killean or Annaghmore v Killeavy II =Annaghmore
Derrynoose v Clady = Derrynoose
Belleek v St Patrick's II = Belleek
Mullaghbrack v O'Hanlon's = Mullaghbrack
Corrinshego v Eire Og or Dorsey Emmett's =Eire Og
Lissummon v Tullysaran = Tullysaran
Crossmaglen II v Grange or Phelim Brady's = Cross II

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

Predictions

Armagh Senior Football Championship
1st Round
Maghery v Clann Eireann = Maghery
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og = Ogs
Ballymacnab v Killeavy = Nab
St Patrick's v Clan na Gael = Draw St Pats Win replay
Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen =Cross
Whitecross v Dromintee =Dromintee
Granemore v St Michael's= Granemore
Bye – Armagh Harps

fitzroyalty

Maghery v Clann Eireann = Clann Eireann
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og = Ogs
Ballymacnab v Killeavy = Killeavy
St Patrick's v Clan na Gael = Clans
Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen =Cross
Whitecross v Dromintee =Dromintee
Granemore v St Michael's= Granemore

Armagh Intermediate Football Championship
1st Round
Sarsfields v Shane O'Neill's = Sarsfields
Silverbridge v Middletown = Bridge
St Peter's v An Port Mor = St Peters
Ballyhegan v Keady = Ballyhegan
Madden v Wolfe Tone = Tones
Collegeland v Culloville = Culloville

TacadoirArdMhacha

Am I right in saying that we now have a 15 team Senior championship, a 14 team intermediate championship and a 19 team Junior?

It'd make a lot more sense to have 3 championships of 16 teams each!

As for the draw, its tough for both our Senior and Junior sides, particularly the Juniors. I'd be happy enough with Clans though in a strange way even though its a hard draw. Obviously we'll be the outsiders on the basis that they'd have a great record against us - they win a fair percentage of games at Cullyhanna and we never win up there. That said, its the sort of game that is winnable if we're going reasonably well and perform on the day and if we were to beat an established championship side like Clans, it would provide a bit of momentum for the rest of the year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Onion Bag

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 14, 2010, 01:43:23 PM
Am I right in saying that we now have a 15 team Senior championship, a 14 team intermediate championship and a 19 team Junior?

It'd make a lot more sense to have 3 championships of 16 teams each!
As for the draw, its tough for both our Senior and Junior sides, particularly the Juniors. I'd be happy enough with Clans though in a strange way even though its a hard draw. Obviously we'll be the outsiders on the basis that they'd have a great record against us - they win a fair percentage of games at Cullyhanna and we never win up there. That said, its the sort of game that is winnable if we're going reasonably well and perform on the day and if we were to beat an established championship side like Clans, it would provide a bit of momentum for the rest of the year.

I would have to agree, and i would also have 3 league divisions, and Tyrone has this system and it works a treat, with regards the 2nds teams, we should have an all county B League as opposed to North, Mid and south,

armagh leg-end

we should have an all county B League as opposed to North, Mid and south,   

It that not happening since there the Mid Board is gone?

Ard Mhacha Abu

Onion Bag

I mean a proper All County reserve/B/Seconds league whatever you wish to call it without different areas North and South divisions,

In Tyrone they play their reserve matches before their senior matches, and its an all county league

mackers

Quote from: armagh leg-end on January 14, 2010, 02:34:23 PM
we should have an all county B League as opposed to North, Mid and south,   

It that not happening since there the Mid Board is gone?

Surprised there hasn't been more chat about that on the thread. What do you think of the move? I think it's a good one as it'll mix things up a bit at underage, playing different teams that you're used to playing year in and year out.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Onion Bag

Does anyone have a full list of the Mid Clubs and which section they are in, North or South 

thewanderer

The B league will be on a north / south region basis the same teams as the minor board once teams confirm their participation by this weekend

wats that 4 ref

northern region teams; port mor,a`more,harps,b`hegan,clans,c`eireann,clonmore,c`land,eire og,grange,madden,maghery,m`brack,ogs,sarsfielfs,pauls,peters,tir na nog,t`sarron and tones.

southern;b`nab,bellek,cruppen,clady,c`shego,cross,culloville,d`nose,dorsey,d`tee,f`hill,g`more,keady,killeavy,l`summon,m`town,m`bawn,p bradys,o`hanlons,shanes,bridge,killean,st micks,st pats `w`+

AFS

Asked this over in OC, but no answer.

Does the addition of the two new seconds teams create a precedent whereby any club wanting to enter a seconds team has to be facilitated, or did Killeavy and Cullyhanna fulfil any specific criteria in order to get their teams entered? Just wondering, beacuse it could get a bit messy if Ogs, or Harps, or Clans, etc., decide down the line that they want to enter a seconds team too.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on January 14, 2010, 05:57:00 PM

Does the addition of the two new seconds teams create a precedent whereby any club wanting to enter a seconds team has to be facilitated, or did Killeavy and Cullyhanna fulfil any specific criteria in order to get their teams entered? Just wondering, beacuse it could get a bit messy if Ogs, or Harps, or Clans, etc., decide down the line that they want to enter a seconds team too.

I don't think we fulfilled any particular criteria other than having to declare 25 first team players. I think we got in on the same basis Cross and Killeavy did in previous years - basically we wanted a team and could prove we had the resources to have one.

I don't think it necessarily gets messy if other clubs enter a seconds team. Why should it? If there has to be a 5th division so be it.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AFS

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 14, 2010, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 14, 2010, 05:57:00 PM

I don't think we fulfilled any particular criteria other than having to declare 25 first team players. I think we got in on the same basis Cross and Killeavy did in previous years - basically we wanted a team and could prove we had the resources to have one.

I don't think it necessarily gets messy if other clubs enter a seconds team. Why should it? If there has to be a 5th division so be it.

Well that's kinda what I meant. It would require restructuring the leagues. It would also leave a very bloated Junior championship.