Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogshead

Quote from: Whacker on November 28, 2008, 08:50:57 AM
Quote from: ogshead on November 27, 2008, 11:43:47 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on November 27, 2008, 03:21:33 PM
Cross have only themselves to blame they have failed to accomodate the county board on numerous occasions. The most obvious examples being when they threatened to pull all their players out of county teams if the board didnt lie down to them and when they refuse to participate in underage development squads. (I personally dont entirely disagree with them on that one) There is now a division between them and a, 'Why should we accomodate you' attitude on both sides.

Grudge here at all?

Haven't been on the board in while but just on 'the use of the Atheltic Grounds' issue, there has been more than one team training there. Definitely seen another team there before the Ulster Club started. Seen the lights on one mid week night when I was driving over the ring road and went down for a nosy (not long after the reopening, so there was still the novelty factor of seeing teams on it). A team, don't know who it was though, was jogging down in front of the Ceanarus and there was cones on the pitch. noticed at least one other team on it after that

Of course, when it was supposed to be our 'home' ground we played a whole season of under 16 football away from 'home' until the county final!! First 'home' game of the year a county final!! :o

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is Pearse Og Park now not the Og's "home" ground as you call it??

If you had taken the time to read the full comment instead of peeing yourself with excitement thinking you could make a smart remark you would've noticed that I said 'when it was supposed to be our 'home' ground'  ;D

AFS

Quote from: BenDover on November 28, 2008, 11:44:25 AM
Quote from: AFS on November 28, 2008, 04:11:51 AM
I see John Crossey, the ex-Down manager, has taken over our hurlers. Seems like a decent enough appointment.

So decent that the Down hurlers got rid of him

:o  :o I thought he walked after the Down lads were messing him around, or was it that they were messing him around in order to get him the boot?

Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 28, 2008, 12:49:10 PM
Is this the game man who walked out as Armagh Development Officer to take the Down job?

Didn't know that either. Would there still be bad feeling over this?

crossfire

Thanks lads for all the good wishes. ;)

pintsofguinness

You're getting as insecure as BC.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Skiddybadoo

Armagh Harps - Celebrating 120 Years.

This would be an ideal Christmas present for Armagh gaels at home or abroad and those with an interest in GAA in any county.

If you are from Armagh then your club and possible family connections are likely to be mentioned, as Phil McGinn has spent more than 20 years assisduosly researching and recording the history and games of Armagh Harps GFC.  There are over 600 pages and many photos of the founding memers, players past and present and many of the Harps volunteers and supporters thoughrought the decades.

Get your copy by calling Armagh Harps Social Club on Tel: 02837 523281 or pm me.  The book costs £20 and a cheque can be sent to the club or PM me for your copy.

Happy Christmas

Legs11

pints you not think its time for a change...them men have had 2years and done notin beat no one..simply as that.when fizie was there bridge beat the two best teams in it... ya ne clues on the new managers pints...

thebandit

Quote from: Skiddybadoo on November 30, 2008, 06:28:06 PM
Armagh Harps - Celebrating 120 Years.

This would be an ideal Christmas present for Armagh gaels at home or abroad and those with an interest in GAA in any county.

If you are from Armagh then your club and possible family connections are likely to be mentioned, as Phil McGinn has spent more than 20 years assisduosly researching and recording the history and games of Armagh Harps GFC.  There are over 600 pages and many photos of the founding memers, players past and present and many of the Harps volunteers and supporters thoughrought the decades.

Get your copy by calling Armagh Harps Social Club on Tel: 02837 523281 or pm me.  The book costs £20 and a cheque can be sent to the club or PM me for your copy.

Happy Christmas

Is there not enough comedy on the market for christmas?

twotwocharlie

well legs i hear a rangers man is in the frame for the silverbridge job.

umgolaarmagh

Quote from: twotwocharlie on December 02, 2008, 06:08:14 PM
well legs i hear a rangers man is in the frame for the silverbridge job.

thats a good sign of the recession,

crossfire

John Mac got the red card downgraded to a yellow and so will be eligible to play on sunday.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: crossfire on December 03, 2008, 09:15:50 PM
John Mac got the red card downgraded to a yellow and so will be eligible to play on sunday.

Justice. Glad to hear common sense has prevailed however tainted a wee bit by Conway getting away with his antics, GAA really going to have to do something with what is now becoming a trend. >:(

corn02

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on December 03, 2008, 09:48:30 PM
Quote from: crossfire on December 03, 2008, 09:15:50 PM

Justice. Glad to hear common sense has prevailed however tainted a wee bit by Conway getting away with his antics, GAA really going to have to do something with what is now becoming a trend. >:(

But where do you set the precedent. I am sure Cross players have feigned injury, Dromintee players do it too. It happens all the time. Should we make an example of Conway because the cameras were there?

Goats Do Shave

I think the lad should be shown up enough at this stage!

He's bound to be getting abuse in training, & players like that get remembered by referees.

winsamsoon

I only saw the incident once on the tv but to me it looked like Mc Entee made no contact with him at all. So how then can the appeals committee downgrade a red card to a Yellow card??

If he made no contact at all, how in the name of blazes did he get a yellow card. If you ask me this is equally as daft as the refs decision to award a red card.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

He did hit him with the elbow, but not in the face.