Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: crossfire on October 22, 2008, 04:11:12 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 20, 2008, 10:29:42 AM
Yesterday's programme said that the game yesterday was John Mac's 33rd championship final - that is some going.  BC (or anyone else) can you name them?

If only Cross had the Harps midifeld diamond.............

I checked the player profiles in the 2007 final programme and adding the couple of titles they have won since the Mc Entees have won 13 Armagh senior titles, 5 under 21's, 1 minor, 1 under 16, 6 Ulster and 4 all Irelands. Thats 30 winning finals they have played in for Cross, quite a haul.
Dont know where your man got 33 from but they could have played in losing finals at under age level.
I will try to check it out

Pretty sure they never lost a final at underage?

billy the kid

If you add in finals played in for armagh what do you get?

Did JME not miss playing in the Ulster club final one year when he was in Australia on his honeymoon or holidays or was that Tony....or did I just make that up?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

corn02

No one certainly did, think John. They played Mayobridge in the final. 2002 perhaps?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: bennydorano on October 22, 2008, 02:33:44 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 22, 2008, 02:03:14 PM
Ok so Clans and Mullaghbawn, but if you go through the rest of the teams, every team is significantly weakened as their hub is removed by county football.
dont know about that at all.  Cullyhanna (1) Cullaville (0) Mullaghbawn (0) Maghery (1)

Harps, Ogs & Dromintee bear the brunt (although us only recently), Cross here as well obviously, but they seem to manage ok :P

Benny Liam O'Hare was on the panel this year. He was injured a lot of the year but wasn't available for us as he was still attached to Armagh. Even though our numbers are fairly small ont he county, it does have a huge effect as we're a different team without Ciaran.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

I can understand how it would TAC because they guys would be significant players for any club to be missing. Then when they do return it is difficult for them to fit into the club game not to mention the rest of the lads who have played all year being dropped.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on October 22, 2008, 12:42:36 PM
Aye should be something, dont want to whinge about it, but I dont think we would have went down if we had've had our county men available (like the Ogs & Clans in the not too distant past). 
Maybe not benny but if there were playoffs and yous stayed up you would probably have to do without those men again next year and what? Struggle again in division 1? Is there much point in that?

The league is a league for a reason and should  not be decided by a one off game, that's what we've gotin the championship.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

13 Armagh, 6 Ulster Clubs, 4 All Irelands, 5 under 21's, 1 minor, 1 under 16.  We never lost in my age but he was 2 football years below me. He would also have won the Feile and Community Games as well.  Then you count in the AI for Armagh, 5/6 Ulsters and the U 21 Ulster as well.  Not a bad haul all told.

back off the net

cullyhanna have 2 players on the county liam o hare and ciaran mc keever they had mal mackin on it till last year and to be honest i think they made a big mistake dropping him as he was one off the best mid fielders in DIV 1 this year. ciaran mc keever is worth 2 players to cullyhanna

back off the net

steven kernan is not good enough for armagh and to be honest he is just about good enough for crossmaglen.young clarke came in and took his spot and played 2 man off the match games so i dont know were steven is going to fit into that team now.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: crossfire on October 22, 2008, 04:11:12 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 20, 2008, 10:29:42 AM
Yesterday's programme said that the game yesterday was John Mac's 33rd championship final - that is some going.  BC (or anyone else) can you name them?

If only Cross had the Harps midifeld diamond.............

I checked the player profiles in the 2007 final programme and adding the couple of titles they have won since the Mc Entees have won 13 Armagh senior titles, 5 under 21's, 1 minor, 1 under 16, 6 Ulster and 4 all Irelands. Thats 30 winning finals they have played in for Cross, quite a haul.
Dont know where your man got 33 from but they could have played in losing finals at under age level.
I will try to check it out

Add in a replay or 2 and you aren't far from the 33 that was quoted.  BTW, the 2004 Ulster club final wasn't one of them as John Mac was on honeymoon.

crossfire

GERRY FROM DERRY
Re your query on the Armagh Harps thread, the captains for the 13 in a row were,

1996 Jim Mc Conville, 97 & 98 John Mc Entee, 99 & 2000 Anthony Cunningham, 01 & 02 Donal Murtagh, 03 John Donaldson, 04 & 05 Tony MC Entee, 06 Oisin Mc Conville, 07 John Mc Entee and 08 John Donaldson

tbrick18

Our club have a corporate event coming up and they are trying to get an MC for the night.
Anyone got any suggestions?
I hear Benny Tierney is good...can anyone confirm this? Or if anyone would have contact details for Tierney please PM me.

Thanks

winsamsoon

You could try Jimmy Smyth he ain't bad at the mc ing.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

tbrick18

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 23, 2008, 03:00:14 PM
You could try Jimmy Smyth he ain't bad at the mc ing.

Dont know much about him...and by much I mean anything :)
Where is he from? Any contact details even?

The GAA

Smith is a better MC. tierney is a great guest speaker though