Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 19, 2008, 10:40:34 AM
If a parish priest is coming out with comments like this then i don't know what can be done around that area.

But did he say this win? there's a whole lot of hearsay here to be condemning a parish priest.
even if thse were the words used, chinese whispers can soon warp jovial or welcoming comments into something more inflammatory

doire na raithe

Who is the guy with the white hair? Is he the manager, he seemed to be whenever we played him. I must note that he actually seemed a very reserved character on that day.

full back

Big meeting in Dromintee this week.
Fearon quit as chairman because of the trouble with Loughran wanting to join (allegedly)
Whats the story corn & uladh?

crossfire

QUOTE FROM I'VE DECIDED
"I like that, i'll certainly be using that again".

THE GAME WAS IN SILVERBRIDGE

doire na raithe

Quote from: full back on May 19, 2008, 01:46:33 PM
Big meeting in Dromintee this week.
Fearon quit as chairman because of the trouble with Loughran wanting to join (allegedly)
Whats the story corn & uladh?

Where did you hear that?

full back

doire na raithe

A dromintee club member? Theres probably lots of rumours flying around from different members but to be honest there isn't a whole pile in it really. The meeting is just a rubber-stamping excercise, confirm committee apointments and move on.

full back

Did Fearon quit or threaten to?
Whats the story with Loughran, why is there so much discontent with him wanting to join?

doire na raithe

I wouldn't say there was any "discontent" as such. The club just decided to reject his transfer for obvious traditional reasons i.e. him not being from Dromintee. There were no resignations over the matter.

full back

He must be a liar - telling me there was discontent within the club..........

doire na raithe

No he probably just got the wrong end of the chinese whispers. People like gossip.

twotwocharlie

the story goes that fearon did resign after taking a lot of shit from the o rourkes. it seems the vote was tied on the transfer in question and the chairman cast to keep the status quo as is traditional.

doire na raithe

Am afraid that that is just as you say, a "story". Simply not true.

twotwocharlie

chill out only winding you. Fearon is a bloody good chairman and should be respected.

doire na raithe

There is no animosity on my part, was just putting it straight. What club are you from anyway?