Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loup Bandit

Congratulations to Whitecross on their victory last night and to super sub Colly O'Hanlon!  ;D

I also heard on good authority that Cullyhanna lads were lookin odds on themselves for all-ireland.
my, how that backfired on them!

anportmorforjfc

from orchard county

Sun Aug 5th Donal Powell Cup Semi Finals (ET if Req'd)
2.00pm Pearse Og Pk Granemore v An Port Mor - G Devlin
7.00pm Abbey Pk Madden v Ballyhegan - P Rath

are these fixtures under 16?

diesel-smuggler

carrickcruppen beat ballyhegan 4-15 to 0-5 tonight in the all-county b league!

ard mhaca abu

great result for cruppen keeps the unbeaten record goin..got team performance...roll on clan na gael on wednesday night......

pintsofguinness

QuoteClans will be expecting to win that game. Whitecross lads think they have won the All-Ireland after beating a poor Cullyhanna, so will be drunk out by Friday.

It's not like me to stand up for Cullyhanna but they are not a poor team!  Dont be so daft!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

High Catch

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E TUESDAY 7 AUGUST 2007

Monday 30 July

'B' ACL – Group B (7.00)
Carrickcruppen v Ballyhegan

Wednesday 1 August

ACL – Div. II (7.30)
Ballymacnab v St Michael's (Seamus O'Neill)

ACL – Div. IV (7.30)
Derrynoose v Forkhill (Barney Henry)

'B' ACL – Group A (7.30)
Pearse Og v Killeavey (Malachy McNicholl)
Granemore v An Port Mor (Paudie Hughes)
Silverbridge v Tir na nÓg (Kevin Gallogly)

'B' ACL – Group B (7.30)
Carrickcruppen v Clan na Gael (Oliver Hearty)
Ballyhegan v Madden (Gerard Devlin)
Mullaghbawn v Dromintee (Sean McClatchey)

Thursday 2 August

ACL – Div. II (7.30)
Keady v Silverbridge (Joe Murtagh)

Under-16 Championship Semi-Final (7.30)
Ballymacnab v Tir na nÓg (Seamus Faloon) at Grange

Under-16 ACL – Group A (7.30)
Shane O'Neill's v Clann Eireann (Kevin Murtagh)

Under-16 ACL – Group B (7.30)
Crossmaglen v Granemore (Dessie McDonnell)

Friday 3 August

ACL – Div. I (7.30)
Whitecross v Clan na Gael (Paudie Hughes)
Culloville v Harps (Rory Robinson)
Crossmaglen v Maghery (Barney Henry)
Tir na nÓg v Pearse Og (Jim Lynch)

ACL – Div. II (7.30)
St Peter's v Carrickcruppen (Gary Smith)
Annaghmore v Clann Eireann (Vincent O'Neill)
Killeavey v Granemore (Sean McClatchey)
St Patrick's v Wolfe Tones (Seamus Faloon)

ACL – Div. III (7.30)
St Paul's v Clonmore (Tony O'Hare)
Ballyhegan v Collegeland (Eamon Nugent)
Madden v Crossmaglen II (Kevin McNeice)
Clady v Middletown (Stephen McKinley)
Lissummon v Sarsfields (Jim Slevin)

ACL – Div. IV (7.30)
Dorsey Emmett's v Belleek (Jim Burns)
Derrynoose v Corrinshego (Dessie McDonnell)
Grange v Forkhill (Mickey Leonard)
Phelim Brady's v O'Hanlon's (Gerard Devlin)
Eire Og v Shane O'Neill's (Paul Boylan)

Saturday 4 August

ACL – Div. I (5.00)
Dromintee v Mullaghbawn (Malachy McNicholl)

Under-16 ACL – Group A (7.00)
Harps v Ballymacnab (Kevin Gallogly)

Under-16 ACL – Group B (7.00)
Tir na nÓg v Keady (Damian McConville)

Sunday 5 August

Under-16 ACL – Group A (7.00)
St Patrick's v Shane O'Neill's (Jim Lynch)

Tuesday 7 August

ACL – Div. II (7.30)
St Patrick's v Granemore (Gary Smith)

illdecide

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on July 30, 2007, 10:43:01 PM
great result for cruppen keeps the unbeaten record goin..got team performance...roll on clan na gael on wednesday night......

Thats some score line against a team that beat us 2 weeks ago in the B's. Cruppin will prob beat us 8-30 to 0-10 ;), i think i'll have to pull a few seniors in for that game ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

Quote from: illdecide on July 31, 2007, 10:38:14 AM
Quote from: ard mhaca abu on July 30, 2007, 10:43:01 PM

Thats some score line against a team that beat us 2 weeks ago in the B's. Cruppin will prob beat us 8-30 to 0-10 ;), i think i'll have to pull a few seniors in for that game ;)

i hear ballyhegan were missing quite a few according to charlie mckeever. though the way cruppen played it didnt seem like that would matter. excellent performance in first half. found it hard to keep it going after they hit their fouth goal in first minute or so of the second half, with everyone looking on the score sheet but thats the way it goes.

bennydorano

Has the next round of the minor championship been drawn yet?  Watched Tullysaran beat the Harps quite easily last night, but in all honesty I'll be suprised if they win the County(unless maybe that wasn't a full team last night??).

Aghdavoyle

Don't think there's much of a prize for second place in the first division.

Looks nailed on at this stage that portadown are gone and most likely one of the intermediate finalists to go with them. harps and clans should be able to muster the couple of wins needed to preserve their status.

It was interesting watching the cullyhanna v whitcross semi on sunday evening how the championship can bring out the wost in teams. whitcross are always a very fluent and mobile team but there was very little of that on view. do teams get too anxious for championship games? the commonest failing with players who don't perform on the day are trying to do things they don't normally or trying to do too much. The intermedate final should be a real clash of styles, with the bigger more direct cullaville against the faster running game of whitecross. Is it unusual to have 2 division one teams in the intrmediate final, especially with so many senior championship clubs in the second division?

Senior championship is warming up nicely. the only walkover in the quarters will probably bethe ogs and ballymacnab. from what i've seen of maghery, i'd expect them to take care of our neighbours killeavy but it'll be a well matched game. Cruppen and Tir na nog will be another tight one, which could go either way.

pintsofguinness

QuoteIs it unusual to have 2 division one teams in the intrmediate final, especially with so many senior championship clubs in the second division?
Just another example of the dodgy championship system we have.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aghdavoyle

with 45 clubs playing league football, would it not be more sensible to have three divisions of fifteen, with three up and three down? that way you could run it paralell with the senior junior and intermediate championships?

championship victory would guarantee promotion, meaning only 2 teams would go up if you were outside the promotion places.

I think i'm right in saying that both ballyhegan and sarsfields are still in the senior championship and their in division 3?

full back

AFAIK Sarsfield & Ballyheagn are in Intermediate

If there was 3 leagues of 15 you would not be able to run off leagues on home & away basis
Its not too bad that you play teams in championship that you wouldnt normally play - its a bit of a change

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: full back on July 31, 2007, 03:06:08 PM
Its not too bad that you play teams in championship that you wouldnt normally play - its a bit of a change

well there's a good reson if ever i heard it

full back

Dont act the smart arse Aghda
I was just giving 1 reason why it isnt too bad
You dont even f**king know who is in your championship ::) maybe thats because you only pray that your name isnt drawn out with the black & amber :D