Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Pints, I said I'm not going to get into a slanging match so this is my last post on this matter. Yesterday's post was going to be my last but then you started calling me a liar!!!!
How many times have I to say that I'm NOT a Cullyhanna man, I was there as a NEUTRAL!!!! I have read your posts on the matter and the majority of what you say on the matter has been correct, however, I feel you have over the top with this fight against "the evil empire of Cullyhanna". As stated on an earlier post, I agree fully with you on the re-appointment of Casey. There were incidents that I have pointed out that Silverbridge people were involved with that they can not be proud of, that's all I'm saying. Are you seriously saying that over the two games that every single Silverbridge man can say they did nothing that they were ashamed of?
And before you say it I know that there will be more than a few Cullyhanna people in the same boat.
I though I'd bring a neutral's point of view to the discussion and not be branded a liar!! I know what I saw!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThere were incidents that I have pointed out that Silverbridge people were involved with that they can not be proud of, that's all I'm saying. Are you seriously saying that over the two games that every single Silverbridge man can say they did nothing that they were ashamed of?
I can't speak for the lads themselves. 
Did they behave as angels throughout the two games? of course not, no team does. But as far as I'm concerned they've nothing to be ashamed off and as I said in one of my earlier posts I would say it's was one of our proudest days.

I don't care if you're a cullyhanna man or not.  I give you the benefit of the doubt when you made claims about McKeever being stamped on but if you say that there were men in suits fighting on the field, you are a liar!!!
There were no men in suits fighting on the field, for God sake our players weren't even fighting! They were getting up and walking away! As soon as the row started the stewards left the gates and I watched two bridge men (Eamon McCann, who was part of the mangement and Pat Daly, a life long bridge man, both leaving their seats to shut and stand at the gates going on to the field!) 
The only person I remember being on the field that should have been in the stand (from our side anyway) was one of our subs young Brendan Byrne and he certainly done nothing to shame the club, in fact quite the oppostite!  The only one on the field with the calm head and sense to get our boys grouped together and sitting down.  Something men twice and three times his age didn't think of.

You'll not find anyone in the bridge ashamed of our boys that day. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mackers

Pints, we'll leave it at that. As I say, I agree with most of your account. Just took issue with a few points and we'll agree to differ on those. Don't agree to being called a liar though! :)
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Candyman

Harps V Culloville is OFF 2nite...

twotwocharlie

illdecide

Jasus Pints chill out man it's a Friday, you'll be going soon to watch your beloved Bridge
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

cheers charlie saved me an awful rush home. 
Called off due to a death in Granemore.

lawnseed 2

just to let you know lads i was talking to a lad whos working on the athletic grounds and he told me its a f--king disaster apparently its supposed to be finished by feb 08 but he says it will be feb09. practically every job they do has to be redone because of vandalism and theft. eg ducting was laid for lighting with ropes to pull the wire through the next morning the ropes were gone the whole thing had to be dug up, sewer pipes filled with cement etc but the top of the list was when they sprayed some obsenity on the pitch with weedkiller which is only beginning to show up as the grass dies. the contractors cant leave any equipment unattended at all as it is being stolen even during the day. so what i hear you say! well the job is well over budget and behind schedual and guess who'll be asked to foot the bill (try saying "thats right" in the style of the unbelieveables) thats right THE CLUBS! you and me!. the begging bowl will be out in style shortly. why dont we accept defeat sell the kip and get a proper complex before this white elephant puts our lights out. ive heard a rumour that we have been offered over 5million stg from a large chain for the site this would go a long way towards buying and developing a two or three pitch complex with a gym etc and maybe even a carpark. emmmm.. carpark

twotwocharlie

lawnseed to do that would take drive and leadership from county board. not ours i don't think.

diesel-smuggler

any results from tonights games?

totally agree with the redevelopment of the athletic grounds being an absolute joke, was at a meeting last year and was assured by members of the management committee of the county board that if they were to sell the athletic grounds to developers they would only receive £300,000 and that they would not be entitled to grant aid/funding for any new project!

what a big load of shite!

Orior

Thats depressing stuff about the athletic grounds. Perhaps it should be renamed the Pathetic Grounds?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Donagh

Well we've a new Chairman and Board there, so I'd give them another few months yet to sort things out. Should I wear formal dress for this do in the Carrickdale tomorrow night?  :-\

SouthArmaghBandit

The Athletic grounds is worth f**k all. Just look where it is. That's why there's stuff stolen and vandalism. All it could be used for is socail housing. There is no golden goose I'm afriad.