Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

No option to hardwire, run network cable behind skirting etc. Its work but it is well worth it.

If you want a android box, in my opinion the two best are the Formuler Z8 and the Nvidia Shield. Not cheap but the best for performance.

Dar31

Quote from: Cavan19 on November 11, 2020, 09:04:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 11, 2020, 08:39:16 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on November 11, 2020, 07:41:58 PM
Looking for high spec Android box since I starting having to use VPN my speeds are shot. Itchy or any of guys in the know any suggestions?

New box wont improve your internet speed. What speed did you have and what you have now. Are you in 26 counties, if so why are you using a VPN as there are no blocks here yet (bar maybe sky broadband)

I moved from eir to sky and it's not as quick. Getting over 100m on the laptop and mid 20's on the box but vpn is bringing that down to between 10 and 15. Provider insists on vpn

Is the box on wifi or ethernet if you can wire it just to test it to see will that help maybe move around the vpn to different countries might improve your speed try and find the fastest one. I had a problem with a bedroom tried the extender was a,bit hit or miss got the mesh wifi in and now its perfect

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Dar31 on November 11, 2020, 11:34:52 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 11, 2020, 09:52:30 PM
Quote from: Jules on November 05, 2020, 09:58:20 PM
It's bit dearer than normal iptv and I've used a few but this is the best about - try the 3 day free trial out, no maintenance no buffering, can rewind tv for 7 days and record. I think it's run by our Chinese friends https://www.iviewhd.com/catalog/. Can recommend, had it about 6 months glitch free.

Signed up for the free 3 day trial

It's pending atm

When it arrives

What do i actually do then?

Please keep in minding that you are talking to a dribbling idiot in these matters

Thanks in advance

You download their iview app and put in the activation code it should load up and away you go

Also did the 3 day trial - coming to an end this morning. Seemed grand job although only had limited access on the trial, couldn't get the main sports channels without upgrading I was told. I'll probably take the plunge and go for the 6 month option initially.

Dar31

Quote from: Mike Tyson on November 12, 2020, 11:18:09 AM
It's bit dearer than normal iptv and I've used a few but this is the best about - try the 3 day free trial out, no maintenance no buffering, can rewind tv for 7 days and record. I think it's run by our Chinese friends https://www.iviewhd.com/catalog/. Can recommend, had it about 6 months glitch free.

It's pending atm

When it arrives

Please keep in minding that you are talking to a dribbling idiot in these matters

Thanks in advance

You download their iview app and put in the activation code it should load up and away you go

Also did the 3 day trial - coming to an end this morning. Seemed grand job although only had limited access on the trial, couldn't get the main sports channels without upgrading I was told. I'll probably take the plunge and go for the 6 month option initially.

Maybe go for one month so you can test all the main channels in sports make sure your 100% before going for 6 months just a suggestion though

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Dar31 on November 12, 2020, 11:21:17 AM
Quote from: Mike Tyson on November 12, 2020, 11:18:09 AM

It's pending atm

When it arrives

Thanks in advance

Maybe go for one month so you can test all the main channels in spotts mske sure your 100% before going for 6 months just a suggestion though

Cheers good man

downjim

what sort of money is this?

Dar31

Quote from: downjim on November 12, 2020, 12:04:02 PM

https://www.iviewhd.com/catalog/

Thats the link from above with the price break down

€19 month or
€79 for 6 months

God14

If anyone else trials the iviewhd please review it.

My existing iptv sub has been unwatchable during the football. Tempted to make the jump to a new supplier

Taylor

Quote from: God14 on November 12, 2020, 02:38:53 PM

My existing iptv sub has been unwatchable during the football. Tempted to make the jump to a new supplier

So you are saying this crowd Dar has are no good at all God?

clonadmad

Quote from: Dar31 on November 12, 2020, 02:30:15 PM

€19 month or
€79 for 6 months

What sort of a box do I need to buy for this

God14

Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 03:02:53 PM
Quote from: God14 on November 12, 2020, 02:38:53 PM

So you are saying this crowd Dar has are no good at all God?

No quite the opposite. I'm with a different provider and thinking of trailing it.

Taylor

Got it.

Considering the cost of it I would expect it to be flawless from start to finish

Mike Tyson

Quote from: clonadmad on November 12, 2020, 03:07:13 PM
Quote from: Dar31 on November 12, 2020, 02:30:15 PM

€19 month or
€79 for 6 months

What sort of a box do I need to buy for this

I've a firestick just.

Dar31

I dont use them i was merely passing on info a while back i tried a month of it . I had no issues it worked perfect for sport and ppv but your locked into their app and their epg and its not transferrable so if you were watching downstairs you cant go upstairs and watch it you would need another activation code for that. I personally prefer to be able to use tivimate on a firestick with mu34u to edit my playlist or my tv online with formuler z8. If your not technically minded and want something that just works its ideal but i always recommend and im sure others will agree go for a trial first then month  to month and absolute max 6 months .  I dont know what their support is like when there is a problem as like i said i just took a month  to test it out and it worked fine .

Dar31

Its just an app you download it will work on a firestick you download it put in the activation code and work away it has a 7 day guide i just didnt like the way it was layed out and how you were locked in to one app one device and yeah it aint cheap