Good things that might come out from the pandemic

Started by ONeill, August 08, 2020, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sid waddell

I would have said a widespread appreciation that large scale government intervention in the economy and in terms of regulating society is necessary, but the nutcases seem to be increasingly weaponising this pandemic to benefit their insane and evil culture war, like they weaponise everything else.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: sid waddell on August 08, 2020, 11:40:14 PM
I would have said a widespread appreciation that large scale government intervention in the economy and in terms of regulating society is necessary, but the nutcases seem to be increasingly weaponising this pandemic to benefit their insane and evil culture war, like they weaponise everything else.

And birds and flowers.

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2020, 11:40:57 PM
Longer school holidays

Referees. I see them as mediators now in a field of anarchy. Will never curse one again.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

That a lot of people spend too much time working, in order to buy a lot of things that they don't really need.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2020, 11:18:36 PM
Appreciation for the NHS?

Anything else?
I think that has passed to be honest.

For me it is the increase in working from home. It should be here to stay for me and it has made a huge difference st home. And the garden has never looked better!

Rois

Definitely my OH having to work out how to do The Big Shop.
I was believed to be in at-risk group at the start of the pandemic so he wouldn't let me go to Asda.
Revolutionary in our house.

delgany

Return of  a weekly shop and buying  of the local butcher etc.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on August 09, 2020, 08:16:05 AM
Return of  a weekly shop and buying  of the local butcher etc.

We've always used the local butcher for certain things over the years but since lockdown we've never bought our meat from the big shops.

The butchers wife is a sliming world rep, a lot of stuff he prepares is based on her ideas, he also delivers, which is great, his BBQ selection is hard to beat (value wise) and he prepares various fish fillets, marinated in various flavours.

You pay a little extra but it's easier

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 09, 2020, 01:09:11 AM

Anything else?
I think that has passed to be honest.

For me it is the increase in working from home. It should be here to stay for me and it has made a huge difference st home. And the garden has never looked better!

Yes it has somewhat.

And as someone said, it's cheaper to clap for the NHS workers than give them a pay rise. And so it turned out.

seafoid

Anything else?
Made Brexit quasi impossible.
Probably made a UI more likely
Stopped the 6 in a row.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

County championship games going global, being streamed live via WWW.

armaghniac

Armagh streamed many games globslly for the last 5 or 6 years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B