The Story Behind Your Username

Started by ONeill, March 11, 2017, 11:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Often wondered. Some are obvious. But why stew, hardstation, tony baloney, Hardy etc?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2017, 11:28:49 PM
Ofed. Some are obvious. But why stew, hardstation, tony baloney, Hardy etc?

When my family moved to Longstone in Armagh in 71 I played a lot of football with my new friends, when my mother would call me for dinner I would ask what was for dinner, if she said steak or chicken or pork she would not see me until two hours later, but if she said stew I was gone immediately, my next door neighbour noticed this over a period of months and started calling me stew, hence my name on here 45 years later.

Shane why were you named after an Armagh football club?  :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

The Sopranos was nearing the end at the time so probably picked a name similar to that in the programme.

I'm hoping most names have a more exciting story!

longballin

What I yearn to see again... get Murphy to the edge of the square -ban the blanket  :-[

thebigfella

My buddy arrived in with his boxer dog who he always referred to as the big fella while I was registering.

Milltown Row2

Our club changed the name of the ground to De La Salle park around the time I joined, so I figured I'll keep it as Milltown Row!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rawhide

Love that name 'CunnyFunt'😂😂
cccc is a true supporter lol

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2017, 11:52:05 PM
Our club changed the name of the ground to De La Salle park around the time I joined, so I figured I'll keep it as Milltown Row!
And your first name got robbed so you ended up as MR2!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 12, 2017, 12:14:04 AM

Yeah that was weird!! Cushendall man too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2017, 12:16:03 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 12, 2017, 12:14:04 AM

Yeah that was weird!! Cushendall man too
Typical!

north_antrim_hound

I use to post in another forum called An Fear Rua
Some of their names were good
Squirrel Farrell
Read the breaks
Hit them hard hard hard
The crudest one called himself "hurler on the bitch"
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

quit yo jibbajabba

Bucked if i mind.

Likin Stews story tho  :)

Owen Brannigan

I have used Take Your Points since I joined the Board when football began in 2002.  On occasion, I used to be confused by some posters with the much more famous Goals Will Come who has changed his username for some reason  ;).  Someone else registered Take Yer Points and occasionally posts with it and I wouldn't want to be associated with his/her posts.

No particular reason why I chose Take Your Points other than it was a much used phrase heard at games.  In 2005, I was named in a thread created for that purpose by a disgruntled work colleague who didn't like my appointment at that time and who created a username to do so that disappeared shortly afterwards.  I continued to use the same username but have begun using my own name since last week as I had always planned to do so when I retired from work and only just got around to it.

Windmill abu

In honour of the East Tyrone Junior League Champions 1963
Never underestimate the power of complaining

laoislad

Haven't a clue. I'm not even from Laois.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.