The Story Behind Your Username

Started by ONeill, March 11, 2017, 11:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

An anagram of the home town, back home in Derry.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on March 13, 2017, 05:21:28 PM
Just read the links to the two previous threads on the same subject and I've never explained mine yet, it is intriguing.

I know they why behind your name full well there Benny. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Keyser soze

I wanted everybody to be afraid of me. Whether they believed in God or not!

ONeill

Quote from: Aerlik on March 16, 2017, 03:40:12 PM
An anagram of the home town, back home in Derry.

Anagram is pushing it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BarryBreensBandage

It might be obvious to some, but when registering, I thought of what was a prominent image from the glory years of Down football when I was growing up in the nineties. The one that had stuck with me was the bandage that was put on Barry Breen after he suffered a head injury. I haven't seen it before or since in any sporting arena:

A medical breakthrough that, for some reason, never caught on.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

lawnseed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2017, 11:52:05 PM
Our club changed the name of the ground to De La Salle park around the time I joined, so I figured I'll keep it as Milltown Row!
so your club ground is named after paedos???
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Champion The Wonder Horse

The Stallion only thinks he's a stallion.

lawnseed

my username could have been anything. but back in 2002 when football began.. how do I do that wavey thing that means I'm remembering..

I had just got married and we had moved into this house. sweet jeez we hadn't a penny. we were living in the kitchen and the bedroom with the en-suite. well you know your nibbling away trying to get wee bits done mrs lawnseed had seen this lovely bathroom set. porcelain toilet handle and matching soap dish and bowl for your poporee. so off we went to newry and got the stuff which was great until we arrived at the till. we hadn't the price of it. the boss wasn't best pleased and I was a bit redfaced myself. we had to put it back. as we made our way out, tails between our legs. I noticed there was a special offer on lawnseed so I pick up a bag. when I got home the oul fella said to keep it dry so I put it in the hot-press. little did I know that when you buy lawnseed your beloved expects a beautiful lush lawn to miraculously appear overnite.. and then it started when are you doing the lawn?? when are you doing the lawn.. when ARE you doing the lawn..?? and on and on.  so when I was hiding in the hot-press for a bit of fukn peace on the board there I was me and my 30% off bag of LAWNSEED.    ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lawnseed on March 23, 2017, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2017, 11:52:05 PM
Our club changed the name of the ground to De La Salle park around the time I joined, so I figured I'll keep it as Milltown Row!
so your club ground is named after paedos???

Paedos?? If you had an experience with one of these guys it must have been awful... but you seem fine now....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I got mine off an a oul lad that used to drink in our local, he used to call everybody either man or woman Paddy John. Used it in his memory.