Squash/Badminton

Started by eddie d, June 30, 2014, 08:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie d

Not sure if there is a tread for this but im just wondering if there are any clubs/events for either of these sports in S Derry/Tyrone/Antrim area?
Thanks

guy crouchback

hi-jacking this thread a bit does anyone else on here play squash. i took it up a few years ago and absolutely love it. its a brilliant sport for all round  fitness and its great craic. it also seems to be starting to make a bit of a comeback after being incredibly popular in the 70's and 80's .

nrico2006

I would play it flat out in the winter, but when pre-season starts I dont have as much time.  I always played tennis when I was younger too.  But I honestly find squash to be as enjoyable a sport as I have ever played, unbelievable workout and I enjoy every minute of it (unless I take a rocket to the cheek or side of the ja blade). 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Orior

I used to play a lot of squash, and thought I was quite good. Then I was asked to play fifth man on a division four match and was absolutely whipped by a guy who had no skill but just blasted the ball. Reckon I could have beaten him but I didnt bother going back.

I still like the same, but avoid it to protect my back from injury.

Badminton is an awfully frustrating game, and probably something the likes of Hardy would play when he is not waltzing around a tennis court.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

The brother-in-law was a handy enough badminton player but seemed to only be played in parochial halls etc. around Monaghan. Farmers seem to like it.

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2014, 10:55:23 AM
I used to play a lot of squash, and thought I was quite good. Then I was asked to play fifth man on a division four match and was absolutely whipped by a guy who had no skill but just blasted the ball. Reckon I could have beaten him but I didnt bother going back.

I still like the same, but avoid it to protect my back from injury.

Badminton is an awfully frustrating game, and probably something the likes of Hardy would play when he is not waltzing around a tennis court.

Indoor sports are for ladies. Except boxing.

Waltzing?