The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Quote from: beer baron on December 15, 2010, 10:46:40 AM
Toner doudairies win,jessies dream e/w and carthalawn e/w ive been told are worth a bet  ;)!I dont think ill be backing carthalawn so thats probably the 1 to go with!Ill be delting this in about a half hour so if you check later and it's gone i didnt  just delete it becaue they lost :D

Looked handy enough now! 

Lecale2

Toner Doudairi wins the first at 8/11 fav.

Joxer

Hurricane Fly beats Solhwit.

Bollocks!

sammymaguire

Just heard that Top of The Rock is worth an each way punt in the last. 12/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Golden Silver looked very comfortable in winning at Fairyhouse. Must be a lively Champion Chase outsider. Twist Magic crashed when looking to have the race well in hand.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Joxer

Joxer

Quote from: Joxer on December 15, 2010, 09:54:27 AM
DH,  See one of your picks before Romanesco is running in the last today.  Looked a great hopres in previous outings and surely will go close today.  Another eyecatcher in the race is Peak Raider with Nina on it.  Won very well about a month or so ago and will surely go close again!

Delivered well again today!

Donnellys Hollow

Where do you start after all of that?

Zaidpour looks a serious tool. I loved the confidence Townend had in him. He didn't move a muscle even when the horse clattered the second last. I'm not sure there was too much in behind him but he ranks up there with the previous novices to have won this race - Istabraq, Mosow Flyer, Hardy Eustace, Newmill, Hurricane Fly & Dunguib. Could be a hell of race if Tizzard sees sense and keeps Cue Card to novice company.

I think Hurricane Fly is nailed on for the Champion Hurdle - if he makes it! Surely it won't be third time unlucky? That was an awesome performance. Trip and ground weren't ideal and he still picked up a high class and race fit horse in Solwhit easily. Townend was just slapping him down the shoulder after the last and he was well on top by the line. The turn of foot he has would remind you of Istabraq. I can't see anything living with him come March. Fingers crossed he gets there.

The John Durkan was a bit disappointing because they crawled for two miles. Tranquil Sea just outspeeded the rest of them after the second last. J'y Vole was given a curious ride. I thought personally Condon overdid the waiting tactics. Cooldine looks the horse to take out of the race. He wasn't right at any stage last year but looked back to somewhere near his best today. He settled and jumped very well and a lack of race fitness and speed beat him. I'd make him a warm order stepping up in trip for the Lexus.

Mikael D'Haguenet looked to have the race in the bag coming to the last which is very encouraging given his 594 days off the track. I thought he jumped quite well and travelled with plenty of enthusiasm. Looked like he jumped the last perfectly well but just didn't get the landing gear out quick enough. Hopefully Willie will run him in a school round in a beginners chase somewhere now before having a look at either the Baileys Arkle or the PJ Moriarty. Looking forward to March - it wouldn't surprise me if he went for the Arkle rather than the RSA. He travelled as if two miles would be no problem and the yard already have a ready made RSA horse in Quel Esprit. Jessies Dream himself is a very good horse and will take some beating in the Feltham at Kempton.

Golden Silver would remind you of Nickname. I couldn't see him being a Champion Chase candidate given his preference for soft ground but he'd be very interesting in the Ryanair where he wouldn't have the gun to his head the whole time.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Joxer

Sad to hear the Twist Magic had to be put down after its fall today!

the greatest jockey

congrats to ap, got 220,000 votes more than the rest

the greatest jockey

9/4 golden silver looks a lay for the 'paddy power dial a bet chase' on the 27th, zeb 6/4 and j'y vole 8/1ew. 11/4 captain ceebee looks short enough too

Donnellys Hollow

Classy entries both at Leopardstown and down at Limerick. Hopefully the thaw will come beforehand. Leopardstown should be ok but Limerick could be dodgy.

I see Arthur Moore has John Oxx's good filly What A Charm now.

Donnellys Hollow

The documentary following Paul Nolan's horses is being shown again tonight at 11.20 on RTÉ 1. Fascinating programme for anyone that missed it first time round last year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Kempton tomorrow is gone. Any hope for Leopardstown?

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/10/12/26/manual_135303.html

This weather is really taking the piss now.  :(
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

I'd say Leopardstown will be lucky to get two days in. Got to love HRI's attitude. Get the rosary beads out and hope for the best. Everyone knew this weather was coming yet there isn't a cover in sight on the track. Most of the Grade 1 tracks in Ireland are within a fifty mile radius of each other (Leopardstown, Punchestown, Navan, Fairyhouse). Surely HRI could have invested in one set of covers between the lot of them during the boom years? Sickening to think that Brian Kavanagh was picking up his €85,000 bonus in 2008 & 2009 and now we see this farce going on.

Looks like the King George won't be on until the 15 January now!  :o

Would it not make more sense to run it at Newbury or Cheltenham later this week?