Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver hill

Quote from: BennyCake on January 14, 2020, 06:49:30 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 14, 2020, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 14, 2020, 06:10:35 PM
Quote from: Gaagaagaa20 on January 14, 2020, 01:47:26 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 14, 2020, 12:25:18 PM
Joe being shown up for what he is. No integrity at all. The poor wee old men lying up in the hospital beds will be devastated. I really did not think he would do it.
Has to find some way of keeping himself relevant.

Jesus Benny let it go man, that's a very unhealthy fascination you have developed there. A lot of hurt and anger over what really... fluff talk at half time? Let it go or it'll eat you up. Joe's not everyone's cup of tea but is he intelligent, articulate, interesting, different, off the wall sometimes.... generally yes I'd say.
That's exactly what it's all about.

It's still interesting to hear his opinion. He might talk sh1te at times but he's entertaining.

He's not entertaining. For years, TSG was all about "shut up everybody, and listen to me".

He's a narcissist. And the only way to deal with a narcissist is to cut them out. Thankfully RTE have done that.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on January 13, 2020, 12:28:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on January 12, 2020, 08:13:33 PM
Quote from: red hander on January 11, 2020, 05:30:27 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2020, 10:21:27 PM
Don't really care as I don't have Eir, so I won't have to listen to the bollix.

This
What Benny is really saying,  even if he wanted to watch the NFL games televised by Eir he hasn't the nous to suss it out, and if he did have the nous, he wouldn't be able to resist the magnetic attraction of Joe Brolly.

What Benny is really saying, is exactly what he said above.
Exactly, just as I interpreted. If Joe was on your tv you couln't but not listen to him and afterwards get on line and moan like fck ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on January 14, 2020, 11:17:13 PM

This
What Benny is really saying,  even if he wanted to watch the NFL games televised by Eir he hasn't the nous to suss it out, and if he did have the nous, he wouldn't be able to resist the magnetic attraction of Joe Brolly.

Exactly, just as I interpreted. If Joe was on your tv you couln't but not listen to him and afterwards get on line and moan like fck ;D

Most times he was on, the mute button was pressed. The last 3/4 years he became unbearable. Glad to see the back of him

Angelo

Quote from: theticklemister on January 14, 2020, 10:36:48 PM
NEW eir Sport pundit Joe Brolly has said that a decade of "howling at the moon" over keeping Gaelic games free-to-air was behind his decision to link up with the pay-per-view station.

The Derry man said that he campaigned vigorously against the decision to have paid GAA content introduced, including a series of meetings with then GAA Director General Pauric Duffy, but ultimately his message was "comprehensively rejected."

The Gaelic Life columnist, who also pointed out that 600,000 people receive eir Sports free as part of their broadband package, explained his U-turn.

"I started to object 10 years ago, setting out the case for the games to be available to everybody regardless of means," said Brolly, whose association with RTÉ came to an end in September.

"I met Pauric Duffy three times about it when he was the Director General. I met him at the start of the rights issue and at the second round of the rights issue.

"He made it clear that this was the new landscape and that it wasn't going to change. He did agonise over it.

"I continued to make my case. I'm very close, for example, to patients in hospitals, I'm heavily involved with Hospice and Cystic Fibrosis charities.

"But after 10 years my argument has been comprehensively rejected, absolutely rejected.

"In truth it has reached the stage where I'm howling in the wind. I'm certainly the only pundit who blazed a trail on it; none of the journalists were interested in it. Even my own kids were saying get real.

"There comes a point where it becomes entirely pointless. Like many things in society they change and they change permanently."

Brolly also said that the changing media landscape also played a part in his decision.

"Something that I had become conscious of much more was the viewing habits of younger people.

"My own kids for example, more or less watch Youtube and online.

"There is going to be a new landscape for the games, there's absolutely no doubt about that – the GAA have decided that."

Some amount of shite talked right there.

So he basically tried to change the system and said "f**k it" , and went with the system

He took the soup.

Slurp, slurp Joe.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Aaron Boone

Quote from: BennyCake on January 14, 2020, 11:44:17 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 14, 2020, 11:17:13 PM

This

Most times he was on, the mute button was pressed. The last 3/4 years he became unbearable. Glad to see the back of him
He had become petulant and a bully on RTE, had zero rapport with Cantwell. In saying that, he'll likely be in flying-form on Eir, a change-of-scenery & all that.

lenny

Joe being shown up for what he is. No integrity at all. The poor wee old men lying up in the hospital beds will be devastated. I really did not think he would do it.

This is the key. He has devoted his life for the last number of years to the whole organ donation thing and he needs to be relevant so that his voice carries weight when he is lobbying.

imtommygunn

I couldn't help think what would Joe say were it someone else.

You can forget about Joe Brolly as a man I think he'd say.  :D

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on January 15, 2020, 07:17:16 AM

This is the key. He has devoted his life for the last number of years to the whole organ donation thing and he needs to be relevant so that his voice carries weight when he is lobbying.

;D ;D ;D
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Quote from: lenny on January 15, 2020, 07:17:16 AM

He needs to be relevant for himself and his ego.

quiganmaster

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2020, 07:39:12 AM

Do you spend your life devoted to changing peoples lives through organ donation campaigning? He may be a bit of a hypocrite but this comment isn't fair on him tbf

Angelo

Derry lads really rallying around their prize hypocrite here.

rosnarun

Quote from: quiganmaster on January 15, 2020, 10:22:14 AM

Do you spend your life devoted to changing peoples lives through organ donation campaigning? He may be a bit of a hypocrite but this comment isn't fair on him tbf
is this an organ donation  chat room ?
no like I would  not comment on any players personal life I find it a bit sickening that This is constantly being used a sa cover all defense for brolly to be a bollix when it comes to Football.
its totally irelevant
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

imtommygunn

Quote from: quiganmaster on January 15, 2020, 10:22:14 AM

It is a joke. Those are the exact words he used about Sean Cavanagh by the way. I wouldn't seriously say that about anyone. Joe on the other hand has...

weareros

Do think lads are being a bit hard on Brolly. He is entitled to make a living doing what he likes and if we all picked our jobs based on principles, many would be out of work. Besides what EIR will show would likely never be on free to air TV and old men in nursing homes would need to read the morning paper for a report, if they even had a paper... and even then would probably be a few lines dialed in by a reporter not even at the match.

Angelo

Quote from: weareros on January 15, 2020, 11:36:14 AM
Do think lads are being a bit hard on Brolly. He is entitled to make a living doing what he likes and if we all picked our jobs based on principles, many would be out of work. Besides what EIR will show would likely never be on free to air TV and old men in nursing homes would need to read the morning paper for a report, if they even had a paper... and even then would probably be a few lines dialed in by a reporter not even at the match.

Brolly is the GAA version of Bono. He likes to get up on a pulpit preaching to everyone when he turns around and ignore his own advice. There's an awful lot of spite and nastiness to the man, when he is no position to judge anyone.