McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: GlenMan on January 11, 2018, 01:42:36 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 11, 2018, 12:15:01 AM
Cavan's biggest problem has being the huge experiment in players and not putting senior players them to help them along. I don't know how Harte got MOTM. Probably Tyrone's quietest player. Given to the name rather than performance.

He was top scorer with 7 points, matching the entire Cavan team  ;)

Five frees and a 45. Most of Tyrone's attacks went down the other wing.

Orior

Armagh fielding a strong enough team, and are six points up approaching half time.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Il Bomber Destro

Am I right in saying it looks like Armagh and Donegal in the other semi should results stay as they are?

Tyrone 3 up at Fermanagh who went down to 14 men on the stroke of half time.

Il Bomber Destro

Tyrone await Armagh or Donegal in the final.

Very impressive win for Donegal who looked to have a strong team out.

Captain Obvious

Hard earned win for Armagh today and semi final against Donegal next should be good preparation for the NFL.

illdecide

So Armagh win the game that according to the Irish News no-one wanted to win ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2018, 06:26:44 PM
So Armagh win the game that according to the Irish News no-one wanted to win ::)

Maybe McGeeney prefers the Newsletter. What did the Newsletter say about today's match?

illdecide

Quote from: BennyCake on January 14, 2018, 06:48:36 PM

Maybe McGeeney prefers the Newsletter. What did the Newsletter say about today's match?

It said that with Armagh having home advantage they should just prove too strong for a Londonderry team that are minus several of their best players due to involvement with the RA their clubs ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Armagh Donegal game in Balleybofey apparently

Fuzzman

Sounds like a horrible game in horrible conditions.
What do people make of the new lads, especially McDonnell and McLaughlin?
McNulty seems to be getting a lot of game time again

Fermanagh 0-4 Tyrone 0-8 from Irish Times

Tyrone advanced to another Dr McKenna Cup decider thanks to this four-point victory over home side Fermanagh at Brewster Park. This was to be a dourly fought out encounter, scoring always at a premium with just three points shot in a testing second half played in difficult conditions.

Tyrone were to open brightly enough shooting three points inside 10 minutes, Declan McClure and Conor McAliskey on target but a dogged Fermanagh side quickly pegged that lead back.

In what was their most productive spell of the contest the Erne side levelled with three scores in a breezy five minute spell.

Aiden Breen, Barry Mulrone and Seamus Quigley the latter with a placed kick had the home side back in business. But from there on both attacks were to be curtailed.

Tyrone did pick up three points in the lead up to the interval and Fermanagh were dealt a blow on the stroke of half-time when defender Kane Connor was despatched on a second yellow card.

Fermanagh notched the first score on the resumption, Ryan Jones pumping over but that was to be the final success for them. In fact it took over 25 minutes for the next score to arrive, Darren McCurry slotting a Tyrone free and a few minutes from time Ronan O'Neill thumped over the final score of the day.

TYRONE: M O'Neill, A McCrory, H P McGeary; M Cassidy; C McLaughlin, M Donnelly, K McGeary; B McDonnell; D McClure(0-1); R Donnelly, N Sludden, C Mc Cann; D McCurry (0-2, frees); Ronan McHugh; C McAliskey (0-2 free).

Subs: P Hamspey for H P McGeary; Conor Meyler for McAliskey; Padraigh McNulty for McDonnell; Ronan O'Neill (0-1) for D McCurry; Michael McKernan for R Donnelly; Ronan McNabb for M Donnelly.

Orior

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 15, 2018, 11:24:15 AM
Armagh Donegal game in Balleybofey apparently

And was on the toss of a coin. Too late to make it the best of three? Armagh still had far too many wides on Sunday
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2018, 08:35:18 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 14, 2018, 06:48:36 PM

It said that with Armagh having home advantage they should just prove too strong for a Londonderry team that are minus several of their best players due to involvement with the RA their clubs ;)

:D

Very good illdecide. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mackers

I'd say Geezer and the players need a trip to Ballybofey on a stormy January midweek night like they need a kick in the balls. (It would have been the same for Donegal if they had to come to Armagh)
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Fuzzman

Why not?
Is it not all about getting games this time of the year.
Fair enough it's a tough watch for the fans on a cold miserable night but do players not want to be playing games, even if its away from home than training?

Their season might be short enough this year.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 15, 2018, 04:41:42 PM
Why not?
Is it not all about getting games this time of the year.
Fair enough it's a tough watch for the fans on a cold miserable night but do players not want to be playing games, even if its away from home than training?

Their season might be short enough this year.

the game against Derry has already possibly cost us a couple of players for the first league game according to Geezer in the IN today