Retirements this year.

Started by Bud Wiser, December 04, 2006, 10:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 06, 2006, 10:57:12 PM
I see Aidan O'Rourke and, Paul Galvin's buddy, John Tool have retired from the Armagh squad.

I don't think those boys have retired km... more "not selected"!

Bud Wiser

Cathal Daly (Offaly) has hung up t6he boots at county level as well.

SuperDooperCooper

Looks like Pat O'Shea is trying to unretire Mike Mac.....
A sensible move by O'Shea, Hope Mike returns but I know he was pretty tired withthe game last September.
Kilcummin his club are finished for the year (I think they're out of the O'Donoghue Cup) and Mike is Playing soccer with Currans FC.
A rest may see Mike change his mind. He had a tough year last year with injuries but it didn't end too bad for him......

O'Shea wants McCarthy to return
07 December 2006
New Kerry manager Pat O'Shea is to ask full back Mike McCarthy to reconsider his decision to retire from inter-county football at the age of 28.

McCarthy followed centre back Seamus Moynihan into retirement a few weeks after the Kingdom's All-Ireland final victory over Mayo. But after meeting the Kerry players for the first time on Wednesday night, December 6, one of O'Shea's first objectives will be to convince all of last season's squad to remain on.

"We will talk again to Mike McCarthy. He is only 28 and he obviously has an awful lot to offer. He has been a super player and a super servant to Kerry," the Dr Crokes man said.

"You know we would love to have him involved for his experience alone so we will hope that he might change his mind.

"We'd hope to have all the players that were there last year available to us and maybe a few extra as well. We feel very confident that all the lads besides Seamus Moynihan and Mike McCarthy, who both said that they are retiring, will be available to us."