Connacht SFC 2022

Started by Rossfan, April 04, 2022, 09:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

What was McLaughlin booked for?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Blowitupref

60 minutes played. Mayo 0-11 Galway 1-12.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

full moon

Vivuzuelas and horns should be banned by GAA extremely irritating during this match and serve no purpose

Blowitupref

4 minutes of injury time to play Mayo 0-14 Galway 1-14

Galway hang on for a deserved win. Mayo 0-16 Galway 1-14.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well done Galway, just about the only one of my predictions that has come in this weekend.  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

screenexile

Fair play to Galway they deserved it just about!!

full moon

Yeah think Galway deserved that win, I'm not surprised I thought they would do it. Mayo getting tanked in the league final was terrible preparation for this

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

whitey

Captain Obvious

Galway was the better team i thought by some distance and only for nervy finishes to both halves they would have won comfortably. Mayo going 20 minutes without a score they won't have to look long to see where this game was lost. They'll recover to reach the knock out stages i can imagine.

seafoid

Nice oul win.
Mayo need to park it for a few years and avoid All Ireland finals. They need to refresh .

Gael85

Well done to Galway. Thought Mayo had it. Paul Conroy 2 points from play and Shane Walsh 3 points from placed balls in second half were major scores.

galwayman

Delighted with the win. We defended well.
Kick outs almost cost us the game but we hung on!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Gael85 on April 24, 2022, 06:08:44 PM
Well done to Galway. Thought Mayo had it. Paul Conroy 2 points from play and Shane Walsh 3 points from placed balls in second half were major scores.

They were and holding Mayo to a mere 0-11 in 67 minutes of football was key. Galway clearly improved their defensive set up from the two league games against Roscommon.

Loads of Galway supporters was pessimistic about that game today and that should be replaced with the confidence of repeating their 2018 championship campaign now.