Longford v Kildare Round 2 Qualifier Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, 7pm

Started by Dinny Breen, June 11, 2018, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

The Longford chaps are awfully nice on this board so hard to get the spite up. If only we had drawn Tyrone or Meath...

If Longford go open they will lose, if they go tight they will win. To me it's as simple as that, I hope they go tight, if Kildare lose need to lose better else they are not learning.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

I went to college with a lad from Ballinamuck.
He reckoned horses were the least intelligent of all the domesticated animals.
There's your motivation.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thebuzz

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 11, 2018, 10:59:29 AM
The Longford chaps are awfully nice on this board so hard to get the spite up. If only we had drawn Tyrone or Meath...

If Longford go open they will lose, if they go tight they will win. To me it's as simple as that, I hope they go tight, if Kildare lose need to lose better else they are not learning.

Well if Derry had got past Kildare and got Longford that would have been the end of us for sure. They are our bogie team in the qualifiers.

Shamrock Shore

That's very nice of you Dinny. We love Kildare folk too  :-*

Yiz gave us a trimming in Mullingar a few years ago so revenge will be on the minds. There was a challenge before our games v Meath and Carlow respectively and I believe Longford tore you to shreds. I am not sure what way we'll set up........cannot see either side go defensive.

We'll be missing James McGivney so that's a loss. He could get more than one game for taking out Cluxton but that's another story.

I cannot remember when Longford last beat Kildare in anything 'serious' other than the O'Byrne Cup.

Plenty of room for the parking of the 4be4s on the bypass so no excuses.

Don't mind Jinxy - he has feck all now to be doing till O'Byrne Cup 2019.

Dinny Breen

Decent underage record against us including last years u21 Championship which you won by 2 points. Has to transfer at senior level at some stage. Your underage teams are more defensively set-up though. It's the template to beat Kildare.

Andy McEntee was crying after Meath's loss, where has their manliness gone...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2018, 11:36:03 AM
It's with O'Leary in the grave.
Bloody hell, McGivney must have a serious issue with Dublin goalkeepers.

Jinxy

By the way, crying tears of rage is as manly as it gets.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 11, 2018, 11:42:41 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2018, 11:36:03 AM
It's with O'Leary in the grave.
Bloody hell, McGivney must have a serious issue with Dublin goalkeepers.

LOL - very good Owenmoresider

Billys Boots

QuoteThat's very nice of you Dinny. We love Kildare folk too  :-*

Except Anthony Rainbow.   >:(
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 11, 2018, 01:10:04 PM
QuoteThat's very nice of you Dinny. We love Kildare folk too  :-*

Except Anthony Rainbow.   >:(

You may remind my what Rainbow did to upset Billy Boots?

P.S. Was at The The in Brixton Academy last Wed, great stuff!
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 11, 2018, 11:22:58 AM
I cannot remember when Longford last beat Kildare in anything 'serious' other than the O'Byrne Cup.

1967 in a Leinster QF replay in Croke Park but Carlow hadn't beaten Kildare since 1953 so maybe its the year for these records to go.

We haven't met that often in championship football since. Kildare won in Athy in 1973 and in Longford the following year. Some man called Tompkins kicked 2-3 in Tullamore in 1983. Twenty year gap then to our next meeting in Mullingar in 2003 (David Lyons still has nightmares featuring Niall Sheridan I reckon). Then the last meeting three years ago in the qualifiers in the rain in Mullingar.

Feely's injury weakens our hand at midfield. Brophy is not as big of a loss given his indifferent form this year. Keith Cribbin had a fine game in Derry in his absence. I think O'Neill will start Johnny Byrne in place of Feely. Neil Flynn has to start for his frees alone. Niall Kelly will possibly the one to drop out: Donnellan, P Kelly, D Hyland, O'Grady, Murray, Doyle, Byrne, Moolick, Conway, K Flynn, P Cribbin, K Cribbin, Slattery, D Flynn, N Flynn.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

51 years of hurt so DH. Not sure why the Boots has a thing for Rainbow.....did he beat us on his own in some match back in the olden days?

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully we'll get a good crowd of both locals and Lillies. As I said, plenty of parking on the by-pass. No excuse.

seafoid

Longford don't get a decent team very often . I expect them to give it bhfaca tu. Kildare are a bit flaky. The fans are given to nihilism. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXCh9OhDiCI
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 13, 2018, 08:14:23 AM
51 years of hurt so DH. Not sure why the Boots has a thing for Rainbow.....did he beat us on his own in some match back in the olden days?

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully we'll get a good crowd of both locals and Lillies. As I said, plenty of parking on the by-pass. No excuse.

They park wherever they want.