Carlow v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 11, 2018, 08:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

If Brolly couldn't stand Carlow's blanket approach v Laois at the weekend, he's really gonna love Carlow v Tyrone....

Jinxy

If yer man with the Palestinian flag sets up shop in the middle of the Carlow fans, the stewards will never find him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

rrhf

True fiontamhnach I'm wrecking my head thinking back and I can't recall one to the early 80s anyway. But for some reason I'm doubtful. I wonder which side ex Moy Tyrone And Carlow legend John the new king Owens will be supporting.

ONeill

What about the Poacher factor? This man knows Tyrone insideout.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

redcard

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2018, 11:15:36 PM

With all due respect follow me up to Carlow on the rocky road to Dublin.

thewobbler

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2018, 11:15:36 PM

I was chatting to him about this morning. He reckons that the wily Harte will field an under-20 team next weekend, just to outfox that knowledge. Poacher has a plan up in his sleeve in case that happens, whereby Carlow will all enter the field with bandaged head wounds, and then call so many blood substitutions that the ball is in play for less than 5 minutes per half.

There was something else about his freetaker Broderick kicking his first 3-4 attempts with his wrong foot, just to lull all them Tyrone lads who've never heard tell of him, into a false sense of security. Should be an interesting match with all this going on. Doubt Brolly will pick up on of it either. He will be too busy talking about how Seamus Downey never dropped a ball in his life. Apart from in the televised matches he played in. Something strange always happened him when the cameras were on.

ONeill

Yiz are underestimating the Poacher factor. This man is single-handedly taking the fight to Dublin in Leinster.

Added, he has a deep knowledge of Tyroniees by working for the Gaelic Life and takes courses and stuff. He is already inside McCarron's head. Poacher could be the winning of this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Cut the crap@ Tyrone by 10pts

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2018, 11:52:05 PM
Yiz are underestimating the Poacher factor. This man is single-handedly taking the fight to Dublin in Leinster.

Added, he has a deep knowledge of Tyroniees by working for the Gaelic Life and takes courses and stuff. He is already inside McCarron's head. Poacher could be the winning of this.

And he's married to a Tyrone woman I believe. All part of the master plan.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

For myself and all those others wondering, who is the poacher?

Are many of ye staying down the night?
Sure I might wander down mesel
Would there be bingo on anywhere in Carlow on a Sat night ??

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2018, 11:51:11 AM

;D ;D he is the coach. We should be talking about their manager Turlough O Brien, as he is the leader and who has turned Carlow around, similar to Rory in Fermanagh, Mickey in Tyrone, Jim in Dublin

seafoid

Stephen Poacher the Carlow coacher.  From the north
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 12, 2018, 12:11:04 PM

;D ;D he is the coach. We should be talking about their manager Turlough O Brien, as he is the leader and who has turned Carlow around, similar to Rory in Fermanagh, Mickey in Tyrone, Jim in Dublin
I'd never heard of him until the Kildare radio commentators were giving out about him, and then in the lead up to the Laois game there seemed to be lads from every county he's come up against moaning about his antics. And in Parkinson's preview show while he'd great praise for T O'Brien, he said when Poacher is interviewed, all he talks about is Poacher!

I positioned myself in the middle of the Hogan Stand for the first half of the Carlow-Laois game, and while there was a lull in the game (most of the first half!) I took to watching Poacher. Christ, the man covers some ground. Literally every stoppage he's off! Often he'll carry a water bottle, but a good few times he forgot it! 

He was doing plenty of cajoling to his lads, and the story is he gives it to the opposition lads too, although to be honest I couldn't say for sure that he did that on Sunday. The Laois coach was getting animated with him though, didnt confront him directly, but was trying to get the 4th official to stop him. Which was met mainly by a shrug in response!

omagh_gael

Wooly mentioned in his podcast that he was flat out waving imaginary yellow cards and at one point made the substitution signal to the Laois bench to get one of their men off. Fair to say, Colm hasn't much time for him!!