AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Canalman

Have a bad feeling in my waters about this one.
Can't say that Dublin imo anyway have improved from last year and Mayo obviously have.

A game that I would love to have Eoghan O'Gara available for. He addled Mayo so much in 2013............ accidentally as well as afaicr he only came on early as a result of an injury. MDMA strugging for form and imo anyway the problems with our backs from 2014 not fixed.

Would much preferred to have Donegal .

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Hound on August 09, 2015, 07:04:24 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on August 09, 2015, 06:51:10 PM
With Vaughan picking up a 2nd black card of the championship yesterday is he now suspended for this game?
Need 3 for a suspension according to the commentator
glad vaughan starts :-X

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on August 09, 2015, 06:19:34 PM
My Mayo cousin reckons that Dublin FB line can be 'got at' and AOS will get at least 2 goals.
He also says they will DESTROY them at centre field.
Fenton too light for the Dubs, will have to start Bastick, who is too slow.
Fenton is actually one of the biggest on the panel, I expect him and mccauley to pair the middle , cian to man mark beastly aose

mayoman dan

The only tickets available on the gaa website are upper hogan and upper cusack.The lower sections are hardly sold out already are they?

blanketattack

I expect Mayo to win comfortably. A limited enough Donegal team beat Dublin easily last year and Mayo are a fair bit ahead of Donegal.
Dublin look good against woeful Leinster opposition, but that's a false portrayal of where they're at.

heffo

Quote from: blanketattack on August 09, 2015, 08:03:38 PM
I expect Mayo to win comfortably. A limited enough Donegal team beat Dublin easily last year and Mayo are a fair bit ahead of Donegal.
Dublin look good against woeful Leinster opposition, but that's a false portrayal of where they're at.

That's fairly accurate I think - sure one of the Tyronie's last week said we were the weakest of the eight qtr finalists so we're definitely the weakest of the four semi-finalists!

muppet

Quote from: heffo on August 09, 2015, 08:08:09 PM

That's fairly accurate I think - sure one of the Tyronie's last week said we were the weakest of the eight qtr finalists so we're definitely the weakest of the four semi-finalists!

You certainly need to work on your Yerra!  :D
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 11:48:18 AM
Quote from: galwayman on August 09, 2015, 11:07:01 AM
I think Mayo are stronger overall.
The Dubs have dangerous forwards and dangerous runners but I think Mayo are more solid throughout the team.
They have huge ball winning power throughout the team & a far superior defence so I'd fancy them to win this.
Really looking forward to it.

This is the same Mayo full back line that struggled on an average Galway full forward line.

That's superior? Interesting.

In fairness they held Donegal to just 0-11 which shows the improvement to the Mayo defence since the Connacht championship. Dublin made unexpected exit at the semi final stage last year due to conceding extraordinary 3-14 to Donegal. If Dublin defend in a similar manner then Mayo will take advantage.

INDIANA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 09, 2015, 08:11:25 PM
The Dubs have dangerous forwards and dangerous runners but I think Mayo are more solid throughout the team.
They have huge ball winning power throughout the team & a far superior defence so I'd fancy them to win this.

This is the same Mayo full back line that struggled on an average Galway full forward line.

In fairness they held Donegal to just 0-11 which shows the improvement to the Mayo defence since the Connacht championship. Dublin made unexpected exit at the semi final stage last year due to conceding extraordinary 3-14 to Donegal. If Dublin defend in a similar manner then Mayo will take advantage.

Only one Donegal forward would make our forward line. Not a good example.

The Mayo defence hasn't met anything like our lads. And it wouldn't surprise me if the Dublin management don't facilitate Mayo by changing what would be the expected match ups.

INDIANA

100% on the money.

heffo

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:09:34 PM

This is Mayo's year Muppet, embrace it, don't fear it!

muppet

Quote from: heffo on August 09, 2015, 08:39:47 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:09:34 PM

This is Mayo's year Muppet, embrace it, don't fear it!

1981, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014.

All semi-finals, no title.

2015?

No need for yerra.

But do I think we can win this one.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

The Mayo defence hasn't met anything like our lads. And it wouldn't surprise me if the Dublin management don't facilitate Mayo by changing what would be the expected match ups.
Thoroughbreds is the name that you use isn't it? I think I saw the lads having Pizza slices round town as well last night. Sickening arrogance from Mayo.....

Aidan O'Shea will give young O'Carroll full of it but O'Carroll is a big game player in fairness to him. From a Mayo perspective I'd like to see McMahon start, goes AWOL a few times every game. Dublin looked more solid with Small back there in the league.

Not sure if the Dublin cavalry is as strong as 2013...O'Gara is a big loss, instrumental in the 2013 final for Dublin.
Line seems to be faster to spot things this year too which is positive, don't think we'll have Cluxton pulling our pants down for the entire game by letting our midfielders get dragged to one side and popping it to McCarthy et al down the other wing....

INDIANA

Quote from: ballinaman on August 09, 2015, 08:43:15 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

Thoroughbreds is the name that you use isn't it? I think I saw the lads having Pizza slices round town as well last night. Sickening arrogance from Mayo.....

Aidan O'Shea will give young O'Carroll full of it but O'Carroll is a big game player in fairness to him. From a Mayo perspective I'd like to see McMahon start, goes AWOL a few times every game. Dublin looked more solid with Small back there in the league.

Not sure if the Dublin cavalry is as strong as 2013...O'Gara is a big loss, instrumental in the 2013 final for Dublin.
Line seems to be faster to spot things this year too which is positive, don't think we'll have Cluxton pulling our pants down for the entire game by letting our midfielders get dragged to one side and popping it to McCarthy et al down the other wing....

You're assuming ROC will be ear marked for that role.

larryin89

Quote from: heffo on August 09, 2015, 06:45:53 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 09, 2015, 06:38:18 PM
We will win this one with a lot more ease than most would be imagining.
AOS is unmarkable

We didn't have to mark him the last time we played in the Championship - just drag him away from the play everytime.

Horan and his analysts must've been watching Free Willy on their laptops cos they sure weren't watching the game!

Pat Holmes and Noel Connelly are joint managers of Mayo this year, James horan is no longer part of the set up. 

Horan done wonders with Mayo to bring them to the level they got to but if people are going to be honest about Comparing , parsons = 1-0 to N&P , AOS on the square = 2-0 and both are intertwined in a positive improvement . Also , most realists like myself knew since the start of the year, it was a dead cert Mayo v Dublin semi , we needed a player like parsons for that fixture. Pleasantly surprised at management tbh.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .