GAAGO where are you?

Started by sligoman2, May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

I only discovered Hola after I shelled out 260 euro. Much better option, you'll only miss the odd game that the GAA sold out to Sky and you can probably see most of them on streaming services anyway.
Wouldn't mind if the 260 smackers was going somewhere useful but every club I know of in my county is treated as a cash cow rather than a beneficiary.

By the way Channel Seven in Australia have quietly dropped their GAA coverage. Remember, this was one of the main things Croke Park was bragging about to spin the Sky deal.

Not a journalist I know if in Ireland willing to actually cover the story of emigrants getting fleeced in even a mildly critical way. Suppose they don't want to jeopardise the AI tickets dropping on their desks.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: The Iceman on March 02, 2015, 02:04:00 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on March 01, 2015, 12:31:22 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 01, 2015, 04:18:02 AM
front row sports is as good as you are going to get online i think
does front row show gaa?
You can stream channels through it  - sky sports and RTE  I've watched both. Quality isn't HD or even fully clear SD but it's as good as you'll get for free online.

How does that work?

Ball Hopper

Signed up for this gaaGo...not very pleased after one weekend. Chose not to watch any live games due to other conflicts, so can only comment on the On Demand viewing.

Saw about 55 mins of one Saturday game before it cut out and failed to restart...even tried starting from the beginning, but no joy.  Got the first 5 mins of second game before she locked up again.

Came back after the Sunday games and none wanted to even start...eventually one game got going, but alas lasted only 15 mins or so.

Tried both laptop and iPad, with wifi. 

Very disappointing to say the least.

Communications via email have commenced to their command post...I will update with any developments.

sligoman2

I have to admit I have never had a problem.  I pay $5 additional to the cable co for extra internet power which made a huge difference foe me
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Ohtoohtobe

Ball Hopper I have experienced the same problems for two years with Gaa Go, it's a disgrace of a service, and not a cheap one either. It simply doesn't work properly. I'm planning to do without this year, it will be gut-wrenching to miss some of the games but I just feel the GAA are fleecing their own members and can't be dealing with it any more.

Ball Hopper

Watched one of the inaccessible games in full with only minor buffering events.  I'm not all that pushed on watching the games live anyway.  A game a day on demand will keep me happy enough.

First email from gaaGo said a problem was identified and fixed.  Hopefully better service over the weekend.  Maybe too many subscribers versus their system capability this early in the year?

Will update after the weekend.  If others can share their experiences it will be valuable for anyone considering the purchase. 

Jell 0 Biafra

Used it last year, and had the same problems with constant buffering.  What I ended up doing was to slide the blue progress bar back about 5-10 mins behind the action, and that usually worked.  Only problem then was that if it did then start to buffer again (which was relatively rare), you had to catch it quick or it would revert back to the live action, and you'd know what the score was in live time at that point.

Bought the season pass this at the wkend, more in hope that the problems would have been solved this year, but had constant problems with buffering again.  Last year they tried to tell me the problem was my end (even though other streaming services work fine for me).  This weekend I tried it on both my wifi and on my 4g phone network.  Problems the same on each, so it isn't my end.   

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 02, 2016, 02:47:40 PM
Last year they tried to tell me the problem was my end (even though other streaming services work fine for me).  This weekend I tried it on both my wifi and on my 4g phone network.  Problems the same on each, so it isn't my end.

Exactly what happened to me. Like you I had no problems streaming other stuff. I also tried it on my work computer and a computer at a friend's house and the problems were the same. I think it's borderline scandalous that they can charge what they do and then provide such a sub-standard service.

munchkin

had it last year with relatively few problems, just more gripes that a paused live stream (when a child unexpectedly does something that has to be cleaned up immediately!) might restart live rather than back 10mins before when you re-start it- but thats arguably an ipad / Apple tv issue than anything

I might just give it a skip this year though as I just havent the time, and when I or the wife do, then we'd often enough just hit the pub to get away from the kids when watching it live !

BTW, I see clubs have a scheme where they get a donation of 10% of the fee so maybe be aware of that when signing up that your local club gets a small kickback

munchkin

if youre in Sligo then you can get RTE and TG4 online for free PLUS gaa go only works abroad as RTE and TG4 are blocked to non irish viewers

J70

I had no issues last year, but I couldn't watch the Donegal Down game at the weekend due to it stopping repeatedly and telling me it was my internet connection  (it wasn't). Watched it later in week and much better, but was still stopping and starting.

They better improve things.

Ball Hopper

Weekend number two much better.  Again, watched all games via the on demand feature.  Only a few buffering events in each game, and usually less than 10 seconds before resuming, although Donegal/Cork might have a few more buffering moments.

Happy with the improvement...next test is the small ball.

Ball Hopper

Hurling on the iPad was quite good.  Zero buffering watching a few days after the event.

Am pleased at this stage with the service.  Hope it keeps up the standard for the season.

Fuzzman

Anyone know if you are a Setanta customer can you watch their channels including BT Sports online the same as watching say Sky sports?

Ball Hopper

GAAGO offering 10% discount on season pass till end Feb.