Author Topic: GAA doing a deal with SkySports  (Read 82062 times)

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
Re: GAA doing a deal with SkySports
« Reply #1455 on: January 11, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »
Personally I find sky analysis superior to the 3 begrudgers on RTE. Actually breaks down tactics instead of the usual "ach but sure they have been very defensive and awful to watch" (whilst racking up 16 scores in the first half).

It really would not be difficult to better RTE. The whole Sunday Game needs a complete make over from the studio to the presenters. It is awful. (A bit like their soccer coverage).

Sky are doing an excellent job.

Sky gloss over issues where RTE saturate coverage on them. Sky is just as bad in the other direction. I don’t need cheerleaders any more than I need cynical feckers.

I get that. I do. Some of skys over excitement of dour qualifiers in July is cringe at times. However, id still rather have canavan, horan and Senan Connell than listen to old men wax lyrical about "the good old days".

The three men you named are not exactly spring chickens themselves, though. and bar Canavan none of them reached the heights the RTE crew did in the game either.

To be fair, Horan is more there from his stint in management. That Senan Connell is some ginnit. Spouts more sh*te than a quality slurry tank.
Loose by name, Loose by nature 😉

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: GAA doing a deal with SkySports
« Reply #1456 on: January 17, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
2017 Double Connacht Champions