Who can stop Dublin?

Started by tyroneman, February 13, 2010, 09:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2010, 08:47:21 PM
I'm telling yiz lads. These hoors mean business the year.

Serious business , I think Leinster will be used as a training run . Wont make the mistakesof last number of Augusts

illdecide

Dublin to win Leinster at 1/1 is money from America...sell your house, your car and even your wife and get the money on Dublin for Leinster...it's a licence to print money 8)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Aristocrat

Dubs wont win Leinster and will be hard to make even a quarter final this year with the rebuild job. Kildare are favorites and then Meath and maybe Wicklow and then Dublin if we get a bit luck.

Everybody talking up Kildare this year, i hope they can cope with the pressure.

antoinse

The Dublin clubs are doing it all by themselves buying in all the culchies and depriving their own club players of progressing.

heffo

Quote from: antoinse on May 05, 2010, 09:22:32 PM
The Dublin clubs are doing it all by themselves buying in all the culchies and depriving their own club players of progressing.

This is a new & interesting development that hasn't been discussed at length here before - tell us more.

antoinse

I know it has  been discussed to death but unfortunately the clubs are more interested in club championship than developing their own players from their own parish to represent their own county and win their own championship >:(.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: The Aristocrat on May 05, 2010, 08:12:16 PM
Dubs wont win Leinster and will be hard to make even a quarter final this year with the rebuild job. Kildare are favorites and then Meath and maybe Wicklow and then Dublin if we get a bit luck.

Everybody talking up Kildare this year, i hope they can cope with the pressure.

Go way out of the yerrah talk for feck sake - it doesn't suit yee!

Certainly nobody within Kildare is talking up our chances. We were abysmal throughout the NFL.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

stew

Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2010, 10:00:40 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Brilliant stuff.

Dublin were and are shite, they will flatter to deceive and when they meet Armagh in the AI series they will get bitch slapped.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: stew on May 07, 2010, 07:27:33 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2010, 10:00:40 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Brilliant stuff.

Dublin were and are shite, they will flatter to deceive and when they meet Armagh in the AI series they will get bitch slapped.

agree - and im a tyrone man
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

longrunsthefox

Quote from: illdecide on May 05, 2010, 09:34:31 AM
Dublin to win Leinster at 1/1 is money from America...sell your house, your car and even your wife and get the money on Dublin for Leinster...it's a licence to print money 8)

There is no-one sending money from America these days. You're showing your age! I agree with you the Dubs will win Leinster alright and hopefully will have more backbone after that than in recent years.   

marym

Heard that Cork beat Dublin last nite in a friendly on a score of 2-22 to 0-6.

Hound

Quote from: marym on May 08, 2010, 08:19:39 PM
Heard that Cork beat Dublin last nite in a friendly on a score of 2-22 to 0-6.
Played in Portlaise.

I heard Cork were at about 75% full strength. Havent heard anything reliable re Dublin's line-up. Some tanking anyway!

Lots of minor injuries circulating about the squad. Leading to rumours regarding training methods. Not the greatest preparation, but Wexford is still 5 weeks away.

Hound

Dublin panel was supposed to be named last night, but instead its been deferred until at least this weekend.

However, 22 lads were told they are definitely in. So another 8 to be added.

Among those not in the 22 are Alan Brogan, Darren Magee, Bryan Cullen, Paddy Andrews and Jason Sherlock. No real suprise with the latter two, though most fans would have one or both in the squad. Word is that both Magee and Cullen are unlikely to make the cut - Magee is bit a journeyman alright, though not sure that we have 4 better than him. Cullen's had a back injury since Christmas, but I'd be a bit suprised if was cut from the panel.

While Bernard Brogan has been quoted this week as saying Gilroy is keeping everyone on their toes and nobody is guaranteed a place, I'm still presuming its a formality that Alan Brogan will make the panel (and the team for that matter!).

Donnellys Hollow

Dublin must have some footballers if they can afford to leave someone like Cullen out. He won them last year's Leinster Final by marking the space in between the half-back and full-back lines in the second half.

He is not a man marker though and that's why he was exposed against Kerry. I find it strange that Gilroy hasn't deployed him in the half-forward line and given him a license to roam and mark space. He was very good as a wing forward a bout four or five years back.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hound

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 19, 2010, 06:14:03 PM
He is not a man marker though and that's why he was exposed against Kerry. I find it strange that Gilroy hasn't deployed him in the half-forward line and given him a license to roam and mark space. He was very good as a wing forward a bout four or five years back.
Yeah, exactly. Wing forward under Gilroy should suit him down to the ground. He has been injured during the league campaign (his back), which has frustrated everyone including Gilroy who made some odd comment in the media that it was a serious injury. But now Cullen is back and says he's fit, but it may be too late.