Normality restored to the world

Started by heganboy, January 16, 2007, 09:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Is anyone else relieved that football has started in earnest so that we can drop into the GAA discussion site first?
For a while there we had more sane discussion on the dark side and all of the numpties were over here
;D
I feel as if all is well with the world again- mostly
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Orior

Yes indeed. And once again football means football, not soccer!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

haveaharp

Quotethe McKenna Cup and its southern counterparts are really meaningless competitions

Maybe you should take them more seriously, it would help lengthen your season.

tayto

Too right, with the hurling about to get going as well, all is well with the world again!

tayto

true true but it's better then nothing, a few experimental games gives and insight to what the managers thinking for the league. it's all good.

Shamrock Shore

Aye. It's great to dust down the optimic jumper and start wearing it again.

Looking forward to renewing auld slagging rivalries with the Laker lads and laughing when all start taking pot shots at the Dubs and some Dubs' 'hysterical wimmin' reactions.

Not looking foward to the dreary steeples of Tyrone and Armagh again though.

If there are many going to Tyrone v Dublin on 3 Feb perhaps we can arrange an informal gadderin in a pub like, say, Fagans?

Croí na hÉireann

QuoteLooking forward to renewing auld slagging rivalries with the Laker lads

Would the DIT not be more your level???  ;D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

Quote from: 5iveTimes on January 16, 2007, 11:33:29 PM
Can you really say that the football has started in earnest? For me it doesnt start until the league begins, the McKenna Cup and its southern counterparts are really meaningless competitions. Unless you`re Mickey Harte.

It's a good way to see what potential is coming into the Tyrone the next few years. The manager can test them out in a competitive game and see how fit and skillful they are for the County Panel. For me the Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup and the southern counterparts are a good thing.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Fearon

Heganboy

I see your lot are advertising in to-day's Irish News for a Senior Team Manager.

Presumably the following essential criteria applies:

1.Your name must be Mc Keever, Murray or Nixon

2.You can remember the days when Geordie Murray struck fear in the hearts of Armagh full backs.

3.You can name the date and year Ballyhegan defeated the renowned Lurgan Clan Na Gael in the 1970s

4. You have at least 3 orchards and export fruit! ;D

Hank Everlast

lol..... and have a tab in the grouse!

heganboy

it must be true- even Tony is posting in the GAA section now, and not an anti Tyrone/ Down reference in sight.

9 times out of 10 you'd be right Tony- however as we have had to go so far as to advertise a number of one off exemptions have been granted.

The surnames Marley, Hughes, McAtarsney and Morgan have been declared acceptable in their own right.
Families that have been in the parish for more than 200 years may have one applicant per family  (multiple applications rule out the entire family plus in laws)
residents of the Mullavilly side of the parish may not apply
4th Generation families may apply if condition a) or b) is met
a) married inside the parish consistently
b) married outside the parish to a noted footballing family for the betterment of the Davitts

The committee has not allowed any concession on point 2 or 3. an additional criteria has been added. The successful applicant must be able to name and date at least one instance when Ballyhegan finished a game with more than 13 players during the period 1970 to 1978. Manager must have attended the "old school" or remember it when it was a school. We also stipulate that the manager must hold a grudge against the county board as to why the 1961 junior final was played despite a death in the parish ruling out 4 of our starting 15. Also Noel Marley was the most skillful player in the '77 squad- no question.

Additionally Flower exporters, hauliers, publicans, hauliers, mushroom growers and hauliers may apply.

Finally the committee would like to state that "Blow ins are not welcome" this has no relevance to the managers position- its just a general statement
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity