Dinner Dance

Started by lemon125, January 13, 2007, 04:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemon125

Lads our club are having a dinner dance for the presenting of the medals. It will be the usual meal, presentation, speech, band and DJ craic.

But I would really love a change and would love to know of any unique ideas we could have for the night. I was trying for a comedian/hypnotist instead of the band and have DJ after wards but other people on the committe are kinda against this as it might not be what the older people would want. But hardly no-one dances to the band as it is and it might be fun. But if anyone has an idea they have or have seen from aother even could you post it here and i'm goign to try at least have fun and not talk hurling for the night with teh junior manager!
The bamd budget is about €1,000 so i'd swap that for any other form of entertainment

ziggysego

Stick to the band, trust me. Our dinner dance is tonight. Should be a good night's craic.
Testing Accessibility

lawnseed 2

lemon if theres no one getin up to dance take a good look at your band. the band we usally get does the band and the dicso themselves im not really a fan but they give the club a good deal and the punters seem to like them. PS if your having a raffle try not to include bottles of drink we found ourselves in the embarrassing position of having to bargain with a 12year old winner to get her to except a painting instead of the bottle of brandy SHE had won. OOPS! ;)

Pangurban

Invite the Gael to lecture on the evils of Drink, he will educate,stimulate and entertain, plus your club will surely reap the benefits next season,with a leaner fitter squad

Square Ball

Good ice breaker is the Heads and Tails game. Either the club or a sponsor puts up and amount of money, or collect a £ or € from everyone. the compare gets everyone to stand up and either put their hands on their heads or bum, then he tosses a coin and if its a head the ones with hands on bum sit down, and so on until last one standing wins, good craic and a lot of banter.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

holylandsniper

Yeh that is, if i remember rite, you get about a fiver from each person there