Gaelic football rules/rulebook

Started by lynchbhoy, January 08, 2007, 01:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

could anyone help me out
is there an online copy of the football rules?

I need to see where a certain part of play is outlined to be illegal.

it is the jumping for a ball and elevating yourself off a jumping opponents back a la aussie rules style

thanks

Gabriel_Hurl

I think that's illegal Lynchboy.

I've a PDF copy of the rules - send me your email address in PM and I'll forward it on to you

dec

The playing rules are at the "Official Guide 2006 - Part 2" link on this page.
http://www.gaa.ie/page/official_guides.html

Part 1 is the rules of the association.

Homer

I suppose 5.10 in the rule book "To jump at an opponent" dissallows it

Just to let you know G_Hurl you can attach files such as pdf's and doc's to a post by clicking on the Additional Options menu underneath the Post reply text box.

Gabriel_Hurl

Never knew that Homer - thanks for that

Homer

No worries gabriel

Heres a picture of ex Cavan minor Killian Sheridan against Down in the Ulster semi final 2 years ago. He had a fierce talent for the Aussi rules style. He would be minor again this year but has since signed with Celtic and is expected to make an appearance on the first team before the seasons out.

lynchbhoy

Thanks Gabriel - sent PM

also thanks Del. Will look that up too.

Homer - is there no end to the generosity of the people of Ballinagh
First they welcome me to the 97 Celebrations the day after winning the ulster title
then they give me my lovely wife... !

lynchbhoy

That is illegal as far as I know

you cannot push an opponent with any part of your body
only when shoulder to shoulder and hip to him when beside each other

I know you cannot push a guy with your chest or hand when he is jumping for a high ball/kickout or about to jump
so a knee is a def no  no
though like everywhere some refs interpretation can be different

thanks again

Gabriel_Hurl

I think it's also illegal to get help from your team-mate in order to catch the ball - think of a rugby lineout

Homer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 08, 2007, 03:48:22 PM

First they welcome me to the 97 Celebrations the day after winning the ulster title

I was a bit young to get the full craic out of that day Lynchbhoy (if you know what I mean) but I'd say I definetly sold ya a lotto ticket. Didn't realise your married to Ballinagh belle.  :o

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Homer on January 08, 2007, 03:59:27 PM

I was a bit young to get the full craic out of that day Lynchbhoy (if you know what I mean) but I'd say I definetly sold ya a lotto ticket. Didn't realise your married to Ballinagh belle.  :o

...and she hates football..
but only and I repeat ONLY takes an interest and cheers with delight about football when I tell her that Cavan have beaten Derry !

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Homer on January 08, 2007, 03:59:27 PM

you could have sold me the mona lisa that day and I would have bought it off you - three days partying hard around Cavan (mostly cootehill)