AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 06:37:51 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 04, 2017, 06:22:32 PM
Interesting that this thread has 47 pages and the Dublin v Monaghan thread (the supposed highlight) only has 3.

It is only 630 posts behind

I suppose that, in fairness, there's nothing like a rekindled footballing enmity of old, to stir the embers of a not-so-long-forgotten frenzy of message board exchanges! Long may she reign! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

Does anyone have a rough idea what is the 1st row covered by the roof. Our tickets are for row V so wondering about coats for kids. There may be a very showers knocking around. If imagine we won't be far enough back to escape any rogue downpours.

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2017, 08:11:56 PM
Does anyone have a rough idea what is the 1st row covered by the roof. Our tickets are for row V so wondering about coats for kids. There may be a very showers knocking around. If imagine we won't be far enough back to escape any rogue downpours.

Bring wet gear for the childer. It's double e or double f backwards that's covered. But even at that it has a tendency to blow in.

Fuzzman

Omagh Gael I was there last Sat and Sun. Sat in the bottom tier of Cusack and even though the roof was well over our heads, it still blows in unless your right underneath the stand near the back.
On Sunday I was in the premium 505 Cusack and again the rain was blowing in a bit with people going back inside at times.
So depends on the rain, wind and your tolerance. I'd recommend bring rain coats anyway and even leave a change of clothes in the car just in case. I've got soaked loads of time in Croker and glad I didn't have to go back to Tyrone on the wet clothes.

Where do people park these days coming down from the North. I see all the streets around Drumcondra now are 24 hrs Sun to Mon. Very unfair. Over near Fairview and North strand is free on Sundays. Just don't leave anything out on view or pay the lockhards.

straightred

It obviously depends on the wind but I use AA as a rule of thumb. I was in AA one day and was bone dry while the row in front of me were getting drowned.

Syferus

Quote from: straightred on August 04, 2017, 08:40:48 PM

It obviously depends on the wind but I use AA as a rule of thumb. I was in AA one day and was bone dry while the row in front of me were getting drowned.

I was in R on Sunday and I barely got a bit of rain on me.

omaghjoe

Quote from: straightred on August 04, 2017, 08:40:48 PM

They were probably getting the edge drip thats the danger of being on the periphery

omagh_gael

Cheers lads. Will be bringing wet gear for kids regardless but was curious about coverage anyway. I've always been in upper deck or well down the front of lower. Never ended up in the border (coverage) regions.

When I drive down I usually go through port tunnel and up east wall road to the Cusack side. However, with all the talk of traffic jams tomorrow I might head over Fintona to Lisnaskea and down the N3. Anyone else going that route?

omaghjoe

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2017, 08:58:53 PM
Cheers lads. Will be bringing wet gear for kids regardless but was curious about coverage anyway. I've always been in upper deck or well down the front of lower. Never ended up in the border (coverage) regions.

When I drive down I usually go through port tunnel and up east wall road to the Cusack side. However, with all the talk of traffic jams tomorrow I might head over Fintona to Lisnaskea and down the N3. Anyone else going that route?

What about taking the traditional route and heading straight on down the N2 at Ardee? Does anybody even do that anymore?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 04, 2017, 09:03:41 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2017, 08:58:53 PM

What about taking the traditional route and heading straight on down the N2 at Ardee? Does anybody even do that anymore?

It's so crowded nobody goes there anymore...said Yogi Berra of New York Yankees fame

omagh_gael

I was just talking to my brother about that option but the thinking was a lot of people will go that way too, especially with the much talked about toll booth issues on the M1.

Fuzzman

I've obviously not done it on match days now for years but where does it start getting heavy?
I'd say if you came down the malahide road it would be a lot less busy or even parked out near Malahide and got the dart in.

omagh_gael

Is the dart a separate train than those heading down from the north? Does it stop at Croke park?

Rois

No, DART doesn't stop at Drumcondra but the commuter line does - drive out to Castleknock or Ashtown and get train in from there.

omagh_gael

So if I drive in N3 I can park up at train station and it would take you to Croke park? What train do you get on? That could work out great. Less walking for kids.