AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: the goal was on on August 04, 2017, 03:47:29 PM
Tyrone will win this with a bit to spare. Armagh been talked up a lot and yes good performance last week but it took a savage effort from them to beat a tactically niave kildare team. When armagh faced a defensive team ( down second half and westmeath) they have been poor and I expect something similair tommorrow night with the tyrone set up. Easy to kick it in when its 2 v2 in 50 yeards of space but that won't happen tommorrow night and for me we'll see armagh all at sea. Also for all the talk of being a young team donaghey and vernon at back are well into 30's and will find it hard to recover from last week. I think tyrone by 7/8 with a 5 point half time lead.

Would hardly say they are well into their 30's. 30 to 31 at the most.

square_ball

Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 03:46:56 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 04, 2017, 03:25:54 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 12:27:42 PM
Tyrone beat Derry and were then dismissed by Mayo who aren't exactly playing well. Then moving on to Donegal, this can only be described as a collapse to a peak performing Galway who then went out rather tamely to Kerry.So yeah, Tyrone haven't exactly played anything yet.

Did Derry not nearly beat Mayo?? - only for poor decision making from Kielt they should have IMO. Ran out of steam in ET so would hardly say Mayo dismissed Derry in any great fashion!

There are many ways to look at how that game could have gone. You can't change the facts, and that is Mayo won (yes in ET) by 11 points.

May & Derry drew after 70 minutes - Tyrone beat Derry by 11 points in 70 minutes.

Solo_run

Quote from: square_ball on August 04, 2017, 03:51:20 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 03:46:56 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 04, 2017, 03:25:54 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 12:27:42 PM
Tyrone beat Derry and were then dismissed by Mayo who aren't exactly playing well. Then moving on to Donegal, this can only be described as a collapse to a peak performing Galway who then went out rather tamely to Kerry.So yeah, Tyrone haven't exactly played anything yet.

Did Derry not nearly beat Mayo?? - only for poor decision making from Kielt they should have IMO. Ran out of steam in ET so would hardly say Mayo dismissed Derry in any great fashion!

There are many ways to look at how that game could have gone. You can't change the facts, and that is Mayo won (yes in ET) by 11 points.

May & Derry drew after 70 minutes - Tyrone beat Derry by 11 points in 70 minutes.

Think you fellas are missing my point slightly. I will put it this way, if Tyrone played Mayo tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrone win by 7+ just because Mayo are playing s***e at the moment. Mayo beat Derry so it just shows that Tyrone's win over Derry doesn't say a lot about where Tyrone are at.

omagh_gael

I've a spare ticket in the Lower Davin if anyone is short, pm me.

punt kick

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 04, 2017, 09:49:36 AM
Quote from: punt kick on August 04, 2017, 08:49:23 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 03, 2017, 10:18:16 PM

I, like most other Armagh fans I'd imagine, would swap winning it first for having multiple wins. In a heartbeat

Armagh will win it again.

What a bold, balls-on-the-line  prediction that is. "We'll win in again..... eventually" ;D 

Does anyone remember who won Sam first between Cork and Kerry? Or between Mayo and Galway?? Exactly.  The only factor that matters is who has the most.

I bet people in those counties do.

Fuzzman

Armagh have the belief back and when that happens who's to say how far they will go.
I believe Geezer and Co have brought their 2005 Ulster medals with them and are ready to fire them at the wall ala Joe Keenan 2002.
The sight of a white shirt with the red hand is enough to motivate any Armagh team, no matter what has come before.
No need for tactics or defensive systems when you're biggest rivals need taking down a peg or two.
They know these red hand defenders have one eye on the Dubs and it's a perfect time for an ambush.
They know they have not really been put to the pin of their collar and they have nothing to lose on the big stage.

This is McGeeney's biggest chance to prove he has what it takes to be a top notch manager and put his old adversary to the sword once and for all.

Oui garcon, Un autre verre de vin rouge si vous plait

RedHand88

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2017, 05:10:55 PM
Armagh have the belief back and when that happens who's to say how far they will go.
I believe Geezer and Co have brought their 2005 Ulster medals with them and are ready to fire them at the wall ala Joe Keenan 2002.
The sight of a white shirt with the red hand is enough to motivate any Armagh team, no matter what has come before.
No need for tactics or defensive systems when you're biggest rivals need taking down a peg or two.
They know these red hand defenders have one eye on the Dubs and it's a perfect time for an ambush.
They know they have not really been put to the pin of their collar and they have nothing to lose on the big stage.

This is McGeeney's biggest chance to prove he has what it takes to be a top notch manager and put his old adversary to the sword once and for all.

You arent helping my nerves Fuzzman.

Solo_run

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 04, 2017, 05:24:26 PM

You have nothing to be nervous about

RedHand88

Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 05:26:40 PM

I wasnt half as bad for Mayo last year and it was far tighter on paper.

Solo_run

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 04, 2017, 05:28:29 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on August 04, 2017, 05:26:40 PM

I wasnt half as bad for Mayo last year and it was far tighter on paper.

Don't think Armagh are at the same level. It is a derby but Armagh don't do well against a team that sets up defensively.

WT4E

Is there a Tyrone v Dublin thread started yet - I wanna go somewhere that punt kick isn't?

Solo_run

Quote from: WT4E on August 04, 2017, 05:43:24 PM
Is there a Tyrone v Dublin thread started yet - I wanna go somewhere that punt kick isn't?

Don't think there will be any complaints if you started one

bennydorano

Armagh won't be winning, simple as.

I was for backing Tyrone to win the All Ireland a few weeks back but never followed through and cant do it now. They are genuine contenders. Armagh are really only starting to improve, we've a great platform to build from, a win tomorrow is definitely possible but very unlikely in my honest opinion.

I think there's a big performance in Monaghan too.

RedHand88

Interesting that this thread has 47 pages and the Dublin v Monaghan thread (the supposed highlight) only has 3.

Solo_run

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 04, 2017, 06:22:32 PM
Interesting that this thread has 47 pages and the Dublin v Monaghan thread (the supposed highlight) only has 3.

It is only 630 posts behind