Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2017, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 28, 2017, 01:29:29 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 28, 2017, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: straightred on July 25, 2017, 04:26:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2017, 12:56:56 PM
Don't know how anyone could say Galway beating this year's Donegal was a surprise!!!!

I could for 2 reasons. Firstly the formline isn't good for losing provincial finalists and secondly I thought that Donegal could get some of their league form back. I was wrong but there you go.

Donegal didn't make the final though.

Think he was referring to Galway.
Losing provincial finalists have a dreadful record in round 4
this is one of the reasons Donegal were fancied.

Sometimes it was on a 6 day turnaround as well making it even harder for the losing finalised to pick themselves up. At least now there's a 2 week break for losing teams

omagh_gael

Usually on RTE radio1 at 8am tomorrow. Everything crossed that we get the Orangemen, it'll be deadly!

tyroneman

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 29, 2017, 08:43:04 PM
Usually on RTE radio1 at 8am tomorrow. Everything crossed that we get the Orangemen, it'll be deadly!

Tomorrow or Monday?

omagh_gael

omagh_gael

Strike that, they've changed the draw. Its now on rte radio1 tomorrow at 3.30pm!

rrhf

Wildweasel74

Dont think Tyrone will fear Armagh, this Tyrone team well on from the point they were a few years back, Monaghan on the other hand would be a much more difficult task as i feel this year could be last chance saloon for a number of their players

Manning18

This is a double header with the Dubs next Saturday? Be a serious ticket rush for that one. I can't really see how demand won't exceed supply with 45k or so Dubs, 15k+ each from Armagh, Monaghan and Tyrone

Schkite

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 29, 2017, 10:04:22 PM
Dont think Tyrone will fear Armagh, this Tyrone team well on from the point they were a few years back, Monaghan on the other hand would be a much more difficult task as i feel this year could be last chance saloon for a number of their players

Who are you referring to there? With the exception of Vinny and Dessie(who started on the bench) the whole squad is 30 and under. Malachy has done a good job of gradually introducing youth over the last few years as the older lads retired.

Apart from the two lads I mentioned, I don't see anyone else nearing the end. The likes of McManus and D Hughes are on the go about 10 years but I can't see them going anywhere soon.

StGallsGAA

I doubt if Armagh will fear Tyrone. Buckfast does that.

Fuzzman

Was at those games today.
Boys those Armagh wans don't like those Down wans and vice versa.
Fair play to Armagh for getting to the quarters again. I'd say they'd love a go at us again. They bring great colour and passion to the place. Pity I'll miss it next weekend.

armaghniac

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 29, 2017, 11:21:48 PM
Fair play to Armagh for getting to the quarters again. I'd say they'd love a go at us again. They bring great colour and passion to the place. Pity I'll miss it next weekend.

I don't think any county to the West of Down likes them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

straightred

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 29, 2017, 11:21:48 PM

Was there myself. 2 very good games. Fair play to Armagh. Kildare got in front in the 2nd half and i thought they'd push on but Armagh came back.

Next question is can either of them reach a semi. Armaghs problem will be that Tyrone/Dublin will stop Clarke and they wont score enough from elsewhere. I could see Monaghan troubling Tyrone but probably not Dublin