Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

That's another sad part about the whole episode. Very immature behaviour towards your county teammate. Sad day for Laois hurling when that's happening. Could have huge affect in the next few months when panel is coming together. 
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

ottoman

QuoteThat's another sad part about the whole episode. Very immature behaviour towards your county teammate. Sad day for Laois hurling when that's happening. Could have huge affect in the next few months when panel is coming together.

Eddie biggest challenge was to try and get the strongest possible panel from the players available to him. This has been made next to impossible now, cant see the RE lads getting on board with whatever Camross contingent is involved. Its beginning to leave a real bitter after taste now.

finbar o tool

Apparently theres a county board meeting tonight about the whole thing.
What i keep coming back to is, if Alan Doheny advised John O'Brien that he saw (at least one) red card offence, and O'Brien chose to ignore this, then we have a serious problem. Its worse than a situation where something was caught on camera but not caught by officials. And O'Brien needs to explain what he handed out the yellow cards for.
This has now gone nationwide on social media and as previously mentioned, could have big knock on effects for our inter county team, so this needs to be investigated and dealt with properly.
Also, considering the snapchat pics now going around, i think Camross Gaa club need to step in here and do something too. The whole club looks very very bad at the moment.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Jd

Is there anything  in the rules about bringing the association  into disrepute  because  I'd  love to see the book being thrown  at them now. I had earlier  excused it as a one  player  thing but am back at it being a club culture  again.  Should  people  like that represent  Laois in leinster.  People  get hurt in games and that's  ok but to be interviewed  and pass on no  good wishes and later be seen  to be openly mocking  the injured player is despicable.  Camross  always hard genuinely  hard men who would give and take punishment but this is the actions of a cowardly sc**bag

The Rover

do not expect Camross to do anything, they have the cup and they are all applauding the fact that they took Ross out of the game and now have a hero.
this is the norm from that club and the sad fact that the C.B. have failed to take action for years now is a huge shame on them and certainly need some explanation.
the referee was a farce and one would think corrupt why else would he deliberatly ignore the linesman's advice of a straight red card.
i am sick of this year in and year out and the performance of our county hurling team reflects this.
I am seriously considering telling the C.B. to get lost when they issue the €130 tickets in 2019 why should anyone support this shambles.

Blow-in

Interesting that everyone is taking a alan doheny's word as gospel. I wouldn't be so sure no of that.

finbar o tool

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 10, 2018, 06:19:56 PM
Interesting that everyone is taking a alan doheny's word as gospel. I wouldn't be so sure no of that.

Agree, thats why i said IF, and thats why it needs to be investigated, i hope the county board have got a report/statement from O'Brien for this meeting tonight or tomorrow night, not sure exactly when it is.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Zooming around

I heard today that Palmer is in line for the Coaching job with Laois GAA

Blow-in

Quote from: Zooming around on October 10, 2018, 07:30:17 PM

Presume to replace Kieran Muldooley. I'm sure he will do a small bit more than him by turning up for a start so laois GAA will be off to a decent start.

Uisce

Quote from: finbar o tool on October 10, 2018, 06:26:58 PM
Quote from: Batman!!! on October 10, 2018, 06:19:56 PM

Agree, thats why i said IF, and thats why it needs to be investigated, i hope the county board have got a report/statement from O'Brien for this meeting tonight or tomorrow night, not sure exactly when it is.

I'd be skeptical on this also considering he 'missed' two blatant stamps by a Camross defender on the terrace side in the second half.

Zooming around

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 10, 2018, 08:44:54 PM

Presume to replace Kieran Muldooley. I'm sure he will do a small bit more than him by turning up for a start so laois GAA will be off to a decent start.

I presume it is that job. Not sure to be honest.

Don Draper

What's this picture of Palmer about

Blow-in

Himself, Dooley and I think one of the Burke's showing off their teeth and gums in s pub

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 10, 2018, 09:42:51 PM
Himself, Dooley and I think one of the Burke's showing off their teeth and gums in s pub

Their blatant mockery is sickening and showing them in an even worse light.

One comment on Facebook had someone say he didn't see any dirty strike. 22 likes. 21 from Camrose 1 Galway and 1 a girlfriend of a player.

They actually don't see anything wrong

Downtheroad

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 10, 2018, 09:42:51 PM
Just saw it there. Outrageous.