Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 13, 2020, 09:11:07 PM
I'd go with :

Corbett
S Lacey Timmons Pigott
P Kirwan Begley Dillon
O'Loughlin Lillis
Carroll P Kingston Scully
Owens O Carroll D Whelan

I don't think Scully is fit to play? Had a bad year injury wise.

Laoiseabu

Yeah I think scully is actually injured . I'm picking the team off form in the club championship so far . I'd probably put Garry Comerford, Brian Byrne or Eoin Lowry in at 12 to replace scully so .

The PRO

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 14, 2020, 12:19:59 PM
Yeah I think scully is actually injured . I'm picking the team off form in the club championship so far . I'd probably put Garry Comerford, Brian Byrne or Eoin Lowry in at 12 to replace scully so .
Lowry's injured too! And Comerford is not on the panel.

I don't think a game as important as this is one where we should hand out three or four debuts. I'd be inclined to go with experienced inter county players but the likes of Owens, Moore, Lacey, Coffey and Whelan are definitely ones for the future.

Giovanni

Is Brody out of favour for some reason? I thought he has been excellent for Laois since he's come in.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

If anyone wants to see this game tomorrow it's available on GAA.GO

Go here to buy it, its only €5.
https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/PL5-20-F-W9B

QuoteGAAGO works on almost every up-to-date browser on almost every modern device, so if you have a reasonable specification tablet or computer that is less than 3 years old, it will probably work.

GAAGO also works on Roku devices based in the US - please ensure that your Roku's software is up-to-date for GAAGO to work properly.

In order to stream GAAGO on your device, you will need a strong, stable broadband internet connection with a minimum of 2MB to stream at the lowest bitrate of 240p (a mobile 3g, 4G, LTE, etc. internet service will probably be too weak or too variable to give a good service) and a ping of less than 100m/s. The higher your download speeds, the better the quality your streaming video will be. You should achieve HD quality (720p) at 5MB.

You will need a computer, tablet or mobile smartphone device (such as an iPhone or Android smartphone), and it should be running a compatible web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Niall Corbet

Trevor Collins, Mark Timmons, Robbie Pigott
        Alan Farrell, Colm Begley, Eoin Buggie

Kieran Lillis, John O'Loughlin

Gareth Dillon, Mark Barry, Brian Byrne
Diarmuid Whelan, Evan O'Carroll, Gary Walsh
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

recyclebin

Anyone watching this on GAAGO? Video keeps jumping and is so jittery. I've tried the app, Chromecast and laptop and all are unwatchable. Even if the video was good the camera angle is terrible and too low down. I've had to switch it off and ask for refund

The Boy Wonder

Yes, it's a very jittery picture on GaaGo.
Not going well at all - losing Begley and Timmons before throw-in didn't help.

on the hop

This is a shambles so far, having huge problems down the sides with their pace. Really need to be a bit more direct

High Fielder

Pitiful to watch. Weak as piss.

The Boy Wonder

...and they said the return of inter-county would be good for your mental health  :(

High Fielder

In fairness, I just don't think we have the standard of players needed

Giovanni

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on October 17, 2020, 03:41:57 PM
...and they said the return of inter-county would be good for your mental health  :(

:)

When I looked at the team sheet I thought that we should do well. But it really did look like men against boys. I know preparations must have been almost impossible but that didn't seem to stop Westmeath. Really poor.

High Fielder

I think we need to wake up big time in Laois. These players are standout in our very poor club championship. They are not good enough at county level. Some of the lads playing today are probably only there because others didn't commit. Very little difference even if they did. We're talking basics here. Evan on his day is the only forward who could score big at this level. Our backs can't tackle and are loose. The lads in midfield, admire them though I do, struggle to get their own ball. No point talking about today or this year. We need a plan going forward or we're wasting our time

Chrimtain

Appoint someone, like Quirke, to oversee the long term development of football in the county. As someone said on this thread previously, we never seem to have a plan, we just stumble from on from year to year. Let's see the CB do something worthwhile and put a real plan in place.