All Ireland Final tickets

Started by Lazer, August 31, 2010, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

Now starts the fun of scrambling for tickets!

Personally - I don't think i'll get one - so if anyone has any available for a dedicated Down fan please remember me!

Anyone know how much they are this year when and they get allcoated to the clubs?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Banana Man

I'll be honest I spent half the match watching the big screen! Wouldn't bother me to sit in the pub if i had too

Zapatista

TacadoirArdMhacha

Dedicated fans will be regretting their failure to purchase a Season Ticket.

How many "dedicated fans" generally miss out on All Ireland finals? (By dedicated I mean those who would go to all the Championship matches and at least the majority of home league fixtures). I'd say its few enough to be honest.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Zapatista

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 31, 2010, 02:43:37 PM

How many "dedicated fans" generally miss out on All Ireland finals? (By dedicated I mean those who would go to all the Championship matches and at least the majority of home league fixtures). I'd say its few enough to be honest.

To be honest I'd say there won't be too many dedicated fans who will miss out. If they're that dedicated a ticket usually turns up.

Also, being a club member should prioritise you for a ticket above being a season ticket holder.

Lazer

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 31, 2010, 02:43:37 PM

Honestly not even remotely regretting not buying a Season Ticket!

I wouldn't trade the atmosphere on the hill for the quarter and semi's for the guaranteed final ticket!
For me, the stand prices (even with the discounts with the season tickets), make the season ticket too expensive.

I hope your right about the dedicated fans (Although I have missed one championship match - but I was bridesmaid on the day), and was at all the league matches ( I think anyway - can't remember missing any - definately not any home ones) and the McKenna cup ones - so I count that pretty dedicated!

I will be trying everyone I know to get a ticket, but I don't hold out much hope!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

armaghniac

QuoteIf they're that dedicated a ticket usually turns up.

A ticket often turns up to those dedicated to looking for one, which is not quite the same thing. But the season ticket holders are sitting pretty.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

naka

guys might not be as difficult to get as people think at 140 yoyos for 2 a brave few guys will be sitting in the pub savouring the pints
after all the down aristocrats have already won it a few times and cork don`t travel

down6061689194

Any club who overlooks dedicated fans in the name of a silly draw needs to reconsider.

& also, season tickets are no good for concessions.

Doohicky

I'm also looking for a ticket (To see Tyrone Minors)

I'd be happy to get one, but won't be the end of the world if I miss out I suppose.

downgirl

Is it true that Down are only getting 13,000 tickets?

down6061689194

tyrone86

You'll find that the 13k is (in theory at least) one for every registered club member in the county

Dougal Maguire

If I remember right Tony Fearon bought a season ticket. Perhaps if some of you Down people could be nice to him he might sort you out with tickets. I'd say his old chum Trevor Hill is already in the frame
Careful now

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: down6061689194 on August 31, 2010, 05:37:32 PM
Any club who overlooks dedicated fans in the name of a silly draw needs to reconsider.

& also, season tickets are no good for concessions.

Take this hypothetical situation;

Club Member A: Been involved with the club for decades, played for the seniors for 15 years and the reserves for another few years after that. He has a family membership for the club, attends every club senior match, pays in and buys a ticket for the club lotto at half-time. He isn't on the committee as he's not a big man for meetings but if there's a bit of work needing to be done around the club you can ask Club Member A and be guaranteed a positive response rather than an array of excuses. He has 4 or 5 sons and daughters playing for the club and ferrys them to and from matches and training. He isn't the biggest Down supporter in the world but he went to the semi-final and would like to go to the final.

Club Member B: From the area and played for the club for a while but an all too brief underage career ended quite some time ago. He has a fair interest in the GAA and pays his membership alright but generally wouldn't darken the door of the club from one year to the next. To be fair to him, he's a big Down supporter though doesn't like the cold evenings. He was at a couple of the NFL matches and went to Croke Park for the Division 2 final defeat to Armagh. He travelled to Ballybofey and has been to every match since except for the Longford game as it was a shockin bad evening. He would like a ticket from the club for the All Ireland final.

If it came down to a straight choice, should the local club be giving a ticket to Member A or Member B?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead