Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

Warrenpoint will be in no county final be it hurling or football, when did they last win a senior final, I'm guessing the late seventies/ early eighties against Downpatrick - could be wrong ,contained Emmet mcgivernr, Pat oHare Peter Rooney etc, all gentlemen , not like the present shower of a holes who masquerade as supporters

Maiden1

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 12, 2019, 03:33:35 PM
Warrenpoint will be in no county final be it hurling or football, when did they last win a senior final, I'm guessing the late seventies/ early eighties against Downpatrick - could be wrong ,contained Emmet mcgivernr, Pat oHare Peter Rooney etc, all gentlemen , not like the present shower of a holes who masquerade as supporters
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Cuan12

Thanks maiden , I will remember that date 1953 every time that pray from Warrenpoint mentions anything about championships or top 4 teams , I've heard of a slow burner but that's taking the Michael, would that be the reason they have taken to the hurling, some good coaches in Warrenpoint

Akinfenwa

One has to feel that Warrenpoint have a strong chance of making the final. If they draw the winners of the Duffs or the Bridge/Harps they could definitely have a shot at least.

Petergriffin1

The point will surely believe they have a good chance of making it to the Final. Big Murdock a boost for them at Full back. Expect Kilcoo Burren to be a feisty affair as usual and can see Burren edging it. Other 2 senior games tough to call. DarraghCross, Shamrocks both to progress in the intermediate. Glenn and Liatrom game of the championship I feel, some great players from the games I seen, Mc Crickard, Sands and Bagnall all been impressive.

Last Caress

Quote from: yewtree on September 13, 2019, 12:29:00 PM
Frank O'Hare very wide open but Burren and Point seem to be ahead of the rest.Clonduff a possibility but team spirit isn't there at the minute - friction on a few levels within I'm led to believe but the yellas have a history.
I don't like calling it an Intermediate or Junior I am more inclined to call Intermediate -'Reserve type ' and Junior -'Thirds Type' but these games are of little value except maybe in terms of helping tham become senior.
Just get a feeling Burren will shade it and Point can make it competitive and give a bit of glamour to Tom O'Hare that has been missing since the glory days of The Bridge.
I think it would take much more than these two teams to achieve that. Need a complete change to how football is played is what would be needed. But here's hoping..............

snoopdog

Quote from: yewtree on September 13, 2019, 12:29:00 PM
Frank O'Hare very wide open but Burren and Point seem to be ahead of the rest.Clonduff a possibility but team spirit isn't there at the minute - friction on a few levels within I'm led to believe but the yellas have a history.
I don't like calling it an Intermediate or Junior I am more inclined to call Intermediate -'Reserve type ' and Junior -'Thirds Type' but these games are of little value except maybe in terms of helping tham become senior.
Just get a feeling Burren will shade it and Point can make it competitive and give a bit of glamour to Tom O'Hare that has been missing since the glory days of The Bridge.
My god are yew downjim in disguise. That's some statement to come out with on intermediate and junior championship.

Centre 3/4

Are Burren ahead of the rest based on their draws with the town and bridge or scraping past half a Rostrevor team? Asking for a friend....

Last Caress

I don't believe so. It's an open competition

Cuan12

Can't wait for Ballyholland v RGU play off , looking very like it

terrifictommy

No real surprises tonight I see

maldini

Surprised Shamrocks beat Ballymartin

Cuan12

Can't wait for ballyholland v rgu play off  my arse, if it's football , ballyholland lose, if it's fighting ballyholland  come second , and then it's all downhill , happy days , but sure,aren't  all the best coaches in south down

terrifictommy

I did put Ballymartin for the win but that game could always have gone either way, goals win games in this case.

PTC

so Castlewellan nearly relegated it looks like some bad times ahead for them