Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 05, 2015, 11:04:40 AM
Quote from: longballin on March 05, 2015, 10:46:20 AM
RTE did not do anything regarding Michaela.. they were slagging Mickey for trying to dictate to them which commentator to use ie: Brian Carthy. Was ill thought out at the time and they have apologised but now we are in realms of vindictiveness from Tyrone...

I actually only heard the RTE piece this morning for the first time - was very tongue in cheek and maybe the insensitivity comes more from exceptionally bad timing. But I totally get why MH is offended....its only natural given what he had to go through at the time

Mickey, brian cody, justin mcnulty and a bunch of other managers had sent a 4 page letter to RTE questioning why they had not replaced Micheal O 'M with Brain Carthy - and in fairness to RTE, its nobody else business how they do what they do and they will hardly ever take direction from a bunch of football managers...media in general were also questioning Mickey being a PR outlet for anti-abortion and Sean Quinn, which would not have sat well with the Dublin middle classes...

And now its just a mess that Tyrone have no access to the national broadcaster - how did that ever happen?

Lets not rewite history. It was widely accepted at the time that Micky wrote the letter and got a few managers he was friendly with to put their names to it. He was very friendly with Brian Carty and took offence at his failure to get promotion which Micky said he had been promised. What a journalist on RTE did subsequently was to poke fun at Micky trying to interfere in internal appointments in RTE. The sketch was obviously clumsy and ill timed and noone can blame Micky for being hurt and still taking offence. On the other hand most reasonable people would accept that the journalist wasnt being deliberately malicious and for the whole Tyrone gaa setup to still be boycotting RTE is a bit ridiculous and short sighted.

skeog

could we not have an actor saying the words

longballin

Quote from: skeog on March 05, 2015, 08:27:08 PM
could we not have an actor saying the words

Yeah censorship RTE are good at that been known to do it in the past.

On another note. Why is Mickey O Neill peter hughes Emmett mc kenna boys like that still on the county panel. Why cant they get a chance.

Redhand Santa

Harte got criticised last year for playing so many players so he can't really win.  Peter Hughes started a good few McKenna cup games and first day of leagues so has got games. Emmet McKenna started loads last year including a few championship games. Opportunities limited this year but has never taken his chances .

Oneill is a good keeper but probably not as good a a Morgan. Plenty of keepers up and down country have to accept being the number 2. Hopefully he does push on and challenge Morgan over next few years.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Bo Man on March 02, 2015, 04:25:16 PM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on March 02, 2015, 03:34:39 PM
Quote from: Bo Man on March 02, 2015, 01:41:29 PM
County board after a new sponsor? Men saying that the main sponsor walked this morning. still no one talking to rte. chairwoman was told to get lost by harte when she went lookin for a player to talk on saturday nite.
Rothschild Television Eireann should be boycotted by all Irish people. Its the BBC in a skirt. Taking a side the shameful treatment of Michaela. I remember R.T.E. had the "voice over" Sinn Fein well before the six County media.   

County board suffering financially at the hands of harte. The man who speaks to everyone else except players and rte.

I disagree . With all the success Tyrone had under Micky Harte didn't he start bringing big crowds through the turn styles to see the teams play? If it comes down to Micky Harte vs RTE I'm sticking by my fellow Gael. As regards not speaking to players there has to be some line of communication at least with instructions, tactics team plays etc? Can you give me an example?   

GlenMan

According to reliable sources, Roisin Jordan and Mickey Harte ended up having an aggressive argument with each other at the County Management meeting on Tuesday. Apparently others had to literally stand between them.

The CB needs to put it's foot down and get rid of MH is he doesn't play ball. They should be in control not him.

ONeill

It's a tough one. Everyone understands Mickey's stance. But just as everyone in RTE didn't sanction that piece, not everyone should shun them.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on March 05, 2015, 11:37:47 PM
It's a tough one. Everyone understands Mickey's stance. But just as everyone in RTE didn't sanction that piece, not everyone should shun them.
fcuk them.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Agh sure listen.  Would any of you guys supporters sponsors anyone be in the least bit offended if harte was still winning all Irelands.   I think it is time for a bit.of honesty here?  What changes if Rte interviews are given.

LeoMc

Quote from: GlenMan on March 05, 2015, 11:14:30 PM
According to reliable sources, Roisin Jordan and Mickey Harte ended up having an aggressive argument with each other at the County Management meeting on Tuesday. Apparently others had to literally stand between them.

The CB needs to put it's foot down and get rid of MH is he doesn't play ball. They should be in control not him.

The County board should run the teams?
Should club committees also run the club teams?

If the CB get a Manager to run a team he should be able to run it how he sees fit without interference. They had a ll winter to change Managers.

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on March 05, 2015, 03:27:02 PM
Idea of 'loyalty' kind of goes out the window when you consider players retire and then go on RTE.. indicates was pressure to not speak.

Or unity within the squad!

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on March 05, 2015, 06:33:16 PM
Never has a post game been so crucial or interesting for a county.

If no one talks after Dublin game is MH position in doubt given that Sponsorship could be withdrawn?

Which sponsor?

EDIT: Just seen this. http://gaeliclife.com/2015/03/tyrones-rte-stand-off-set-to-continue/
Would seem strange that McAleer & Rushe were not aware of Mickeys stance when signing up. Or were they told something else in private?
Given their business I had assumed they were primarily sponsoring the team to support the County rather than for the the advertising.
With sponsors like KerryGold, Arnotts, Supermacs, Rocwell, Hunky Dorys it is about getting the brand recognition. I would have bought a bag of Hunky Dorys and a bottle of Rocwell ahead of a bag of Tayto and a bottle of Tipperary Sping water.
No one watching TSG thinks "I must get them boys to build me a hotel"

Aaron Boone

Quote from: LeoMc on March 06, 2015, 08:15:04 AM

If no one talks after Dublin game is MH position in doubt given that Sponsorship could be withdrawn?

Which sponsor?
Has to be McAleer & Rushe surely?

Now that the time may be closer than we think, who actually would replace Mickey Harte if he resigned? Dooher or Laurence Strain maybe.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: LeoMc on March 06, 2015, 08:15:04 AM

Which sponsor?

EDIT: Just seen this. http://gaeliclife.com/2015/03/tyrones-rte-stand-off-set-to-continue/
Would seem strange that McAleer & Rushe were not aware of Mickeys stance when signing up. Or were they told something else in private?
Given their business I had assumed they were primarily sponsoring the team to support the County rather than for the the advertising.
With sponsors like KerryGold, Arnotts, Supermacs, Rocwell, Hunky Dorys it is about getting the brand recognition. I would have bought a bag of Hunky Dorys and a bottle of Rocwell ahead of a bag of Tayto and a bottle of Tipperary Sping water.
No one watching TSG thinks "I must get them boys to build me a hotel"

A fairly significant package from McAleer and Rushe and a serious intent to continue support over the next few years - all agreed in october last year with the caveat that TYRONE COMMUNICATED with ALL media...THAT meant "anyone or someone" speaking to RTE - not Harte - and it was agreed by the county board that all would be ok....also quoted in the irish news about 6 weeks ago as the same
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye