Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Was team announced in CC last night as mentioned?

A man from Down

Lads we haven't yet had the pre Clones drive to Ulster final discussion yet!

So what way is everyone going because every way I've tried is a complete bollix. I had it in my head that if I was to go again (heading from outside Downpatrick) I would try going to Ballygawley then onto Fivemiletown and Clones but on this occasion it will be a car park with Tyrone wans.

It will probably be Newtownhamilton, Castleblayney, Ballybay. Any other ways?

PAULD123

I head down the M1 to the Castleblaney turn then head to Ballybay. But from here instead of Newbliss-Clones. I turn down to Cootehill and cut across onto the Cavan Road and enter Clones from the South. this is a bit of a longer route but much less cars which is more enjoyable. The main advantage is coming home. See everyone arrives at different times so getting in is not horrendous. But every car leaves at the same time, so the road becomes a car park. This way I am heading South and East where all the traffic wants to go North and north/East Joining back at Ballybay isn't too bad and the N53 after Castleblaney is no bother.

Whatever way it is best to park about a mile outside Clones or you will just be sitting in the car for about 2 hours afterwards not moving.

UlsterMan2

Newry, Armagh, Middletown then Monaghan town would be the best bet.

meatsy86

Best to stay away from Middletown as this be jammed with Tyronies!! M1 as far as Junction 17 head for Blayney, Ballybay,Newbliss Clones!!

Team not being named now until after training tonight according To Jack Devenny in CC last night.

OgraAnDun

Joe Murphy named at 10 for Sunday.

Town Gael

Turley must be injured, I hope he makes it as he would be a big loss

SHEEDY

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 14, 2017, 09:59:10 PM
theres no way turley wont be playing.
nil satis nisi optimum

Gabriel

Pretty sure Turley wasn't named in the team announced for either Armagh or Monaghan but he's started both.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 14, 2017, 10:50:20 PM

There's no chance of us winning if he doesn't.

snoopdog

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 14, 2017, 11:54:32 PM

Turley will start. He wasn't inice team announced for Monaghan game either. Don't know what benefit is of not giving the correct starting 15. Tyrone team has no colm kavanagh but he will start also.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: snoopdog on July 15, 2017, 08:08:19 AM

Turley will start. He wasn't inice team announced for Monaghan game either. Don't know what benefit is of not giving the correct starting 15. Tyrone team has no colm kavanagh but he will start also.

There's no Colm Kavanagh alright but the man I'm more worried about is Colm Cavanagh and he's down as number eight!  ;D I actually think it's the other way round and Cavanagh won't be starting if the injury rumours are true.

snoopdog

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 15, 2017, 09:17:13 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 15, 2017, 08:08:19 AM

There's no Colm Kavanagh alright but the man I'm more worried about is Colm Cavanagh and he's down as number eight!  ;D I actually think it's the other way round and Cavanagh won't be starting if the injury rumours are true.
I knew as soon as I posted I had spelt the name wrong. But I wasn't arsed changing it. Knew someone else would correct me.

Hoes before bros

Did you also know you where talking complete shite by saying he wasn't named to start?

SHEEDY

good luck to the players and management tomorrow. its been too long since an Ulster title came back to Down hopefully that will change tomorrow.
nil satis nisi optimum