The State Of The Roads

Started by Under Lights, April 17, 2018, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Serious amount of pot holes on Tyrone roads these days. Lot of them marked out with the yellow box but its been ongoing for months. Worst I have seen them.
I see some councils are saying its due to the bad weather, beast from the east, what cheap ass material are they using.

Free Jason, FU British Milk Council.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Under Lights on April 17, 2018, 10:40:19 AM
Serious amount of pot holes on Tyrone roads these days. Lot of them marked out with the yellow box but its been ongoing for months. Worst I have seen them.
I see some councils are saying its due to the bad weather, beast from the east, what cheap ass material are they using.

The turn off for Derrygonnelly from the Sligo road is in a shocking state. Seems to be sinking on one side and potholes on the other. It improves after the church however. It's been a while since I've seen a bad a stretch of main road in a long time.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

I remember the days when smirking Nordies used to look down their noses at our roads.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Used to work on the same floor as the NI Road Service at a time, believe me, nothing will ever get done going on that particular office. To say it was lax, would be an understatement.

armaghniac

I think some local authorities in the 26 are faster to fill a pothole, perhaps crudely, than the NI lot
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

UK public sector spending has been cut repeatedly since 2008. Police spending is down 15% or so. Roads are easy targets. It is happening all over Europe.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Roads in NI improved around 2014-2015, when a lot of surfacing took place because he Assembly give a few pound extra.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lurganblue

The road from Eglish to Caledon is one of the worst ive ever seen.

AQMP

Quote from: Under Lights on April 17, 2018, 10:40:19 AM

Local authorities in the North are not responsible for maintaining roads.  That's in the remit of DFI Roads (formerly DOE Roads Service).

You can report a pothole here:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/report-pothole

Under Lights

tiempo

Apparently if you take a can of spray paint and draw a great big c**k around a pothole it gets fixed rather quickly.

AQMP

Quote from: Under Lights on April 17, 2018, 01:07:09 PM
What does Road Tax cover?

Vehicle Excise Duty is a tax on the ownership of particular types of vehicles.  It is not a fee for the use of roads nor is it a fund to build and repair roads.

There are many types of car that fall outside VED because they emit less than 100gms of CO2 per km, yet they are perfectly entitled to be on the road

seafoid

UK taxes are running about 10% of GDP  lower than spending. Payrises are not happening.
Road spending is essentially a function of payrises...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

David McKeown

My sister in law wish boned her suspension a couple of weeks ago on an horrendous pot hole in Bangor. It was late and night and poorly lit. Thankfully she wasn't doing any speed. Don't think I've ever seen the roads as bad
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AQMP

Quote from: David McKeown on April 17, 2018, 03:32:22 PM
My sister in law wish boned her suspension a couple of weeks ago on an horrendous pot hole in Bangor. It was late and night and poorly lit. Thankfully she wasn't doing any speed. Don't think I've ever seen the roads as bad

I suppose it's cold comfort to know that it's just not Tyrone and Fermanagh where the roads are in a poor condition.  You may be able to undserstand minor roads being bad but the main roads in Fermanagh are in a desperate state.