Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

If you couldn't pick Harrisson out as a county player while watching glassdrumman you would be as well packing the whole thing in.

Aristo 60

I thought he was blowing kisses to his favourites

Smurfy123

Yes well obviously he would stand out but hasn't this year

SHEEDY

Quote from: ardtole on June 19, 2018, 06:56:28 PM
If you couldn't pick Harrisson out as a county player while watching glassdrumman you would be as well packing the whole thing in.
not last friday night you wouldn't. Very poor performance.
nil satis nisi optimum

Targetman

The fact is we don't have many "stand out " players which in turn leads to relegation to division 3 and embarrassing results like the Donegal one, our squad is made up of mostly players who are very average and I'm sure there are players of an equal standard or better in the county who aren't on the panel or don't want to be on the panel!

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Targetman on June 18, 2018, 01:35:45 PM
I'll be there, in all honesty I can't see us winning but I hope the players that didn't perform against Donegal show a bit of pride in the jersey and don't give up if/ when we go a few points behind, are we expecting many changes in personnel?

I see us winning.....close but yes
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Targetman

The eternal optimist, fair play!!

downjim

Smurfy123

Downjim when did Burren start worrying about leagues?

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 20, 2018, 10:34:07 PM
Downjim when did Burren start worrying about leagues?

Look sure bet to win minor league anyway
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Smurfy123

Harrison
McAleenan
McArdle
Doherty
O Hagen
McParland
Mooney
Turley
Donnelly
Millar
McKernan
Maginn
Dornan
Harrison
Millar

Baffles me how so little changes to being made. Destroyed around the middles and overrun all over the field what do we do change our corner back. O Hare was ruled out allowing for that change along with the obvious one and the keeper.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 21, 2018, 09:53:04 PM
Harrison
McAleenan
McArdle
Doherty
O Hagen
McParland
Mooney
Turley
Donnelly
Millar
McKernan
Maginn
Dornan
Harrison
Millar

Baffles me how so little changes to being made. Destroyed around the middles and overrun all over the field what do we do change our corner back. O Hare was ruled out allowing for that change along with the obvious one and the keeper.
definitely expected more changes to be made. Burns must be hoping the players picked can go out and redeem themselves but unfortunately that line up wouldn't fill me with any confidence especially after the display in the last outing. hope i'm wrong.
nil satis nisi optimum

thewobbler

Anyone in the squad who's annobvuous omission from this week's team fellas?

Not saying Burns is right btw.

Smurfy123

R Johnstone as him coming on doesn't work
Stephen McConville not test at this level but was good for st Mary's (big step up)
J Flynn to midfield

I know now where you are coming from wobbler
Now is when we really miss

McGovern
McGovern
Murphy
Quinn
Mallon
Johnstone
O Hagen

Cuan12

Read team, Eamonn has given players chance to redeem themselves, very noble , I expect to be beaten by 5 Pts , hopefully that will end this managers tenure, disastrous appointment from the start, there is no positives I can see, I sincerely as a life long Down supporter hope I'm wrong but I can't see any other result other than defeat.Why isn't more of the panel been given a chance , if they are not good enough why are they there in the first place?