All Ireland U21 Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, April 11, 2012, 07:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

I believe the failing of this Cavan team will prove to be the same failing of last year's team (aside from our lack of midfield in the final). Lack of big scoring power. We got to Croker last year, the game opened up, Hehir, Cummins and Flynn stroked over points from 40 yards and Cavan tried and failed time and again to work the ball through to pick off scores. We have some good forwards but no proper classy ones.

Do the Cavan lads think Nevin O'Donnell will start again or if Paul O'Connor is fit will he regain his place? 

Denn Forever

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 16, 2012, 02:18:22 PM
Quote from: Westside on April 16, 2012, 01:05:28 PM
Will TG4 then show the Hurling instead of the Cavan game?

13:30 GAA Beo Roscommon v Cavan and Dublin v Cork (Throw-ins TBA). Micheal O Domhnaill presents coverage of the All-Ireland Under-21 Football Championship semi-finals. Commentary by Brian Tyers.     

Hopefully they will stick to this.

They didn't :'(

U21 semi loses out to Dublin-Galway replay for live TV
17 April 2012

The Allianz HL Division 1A relegation playoff replay between Dublin and Galway will be live on TG4 this Saturday, with the Cadbury All-Ireland U21FC semi-final between Cavan and Roscommon now to be shown on the TG4 website.

Originally the two Cadbury All-Ireland U21FC semi-finals were to receive live television coverage, with Cork and Dublin throwing in at 2pm and the Cavan-Roscommon game getting underway at 4pm.

The hurling replay, which ended in a 0-26 to 2-20 draw after extra time last Sunday, also starts at 4pm and a decision has been made to give it preference for live television ahead of the second U21FC semi-final.

Those who wish to watch the Cavan-Roscommon game can get live match coverage on www.tg4.tv.

There will also be extended coverage of that game on TG4 at 5.35pm on Saturday as part of the GAA BEO programme.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 17, 2012, 04:46:58 PM

13:30 GAA Beo Roscommon v Cavan and Dublin v Cork (Throw-ins TBA). Micheal O Domhnaill presents coverage of the All-Ireland Under-21 Football Championship semi-finals. Commentary by Brian Tyers.     

17 April 2012

The Allianz HL Division 1A relegation playoff replay between Dublin and Galway will be live on TG4 this Saturday, with the Cadbury All-Ireland U21FC semi-final between Cavan and Roscommon now to be shown on the TG4 website.

Originally the two Cadbury All-Ireland U21FC semi-finals were to receive live television coverage, with Cork and Dublin throwing in at 2pm and the Cavan-Roscommon game getting underway at 4pm.

The hurling replay, which ended in a 0-26 to 2-20 draw after extra time last Sunday, also starts at 4pm and a decision has been made to give it preference for live television ahead of the second U21FC semi-final.

Those who wish to watch the Cavan-Roscommon game can get live match coverage on www.tg4.tv.

There will also be extended coverage of that game on TG4 at 5.35pm on Saturday as part of the GAA BEO programme.

How can a hurling league relegation playoff be more important than All Ireland semi final?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 17, 2012, 04:51:21 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 17, 2012, 04:46:58 PM

17 April 2012

How can a hurling league relegation playoff be more important than All Ireland semi final?

One is senior and one is U-21. Not to mention and probably more importantly the second half of the hurling was meant to be shown live last Sunday but was kyboshed by extra-time in the football so they probably felt obliged to show the replay.

On here people give out when TG4 show hurling ahead of football and on An Fear Rua they give out when they show football ahead of hurling. End of the day TG4 only have one channel to broadcast on.

Syferus

It boils down to the hurling containing Dublin and Galway. Better ratings. A far higher percentage of those who would tune in/record the  Ros/Cavan game will be going to the game and both counties don't exactly have huge populations to begin with. It's annoying as a Roscommon supporter but this is a decision every TV station would make ten times out of ten.

Blowitupref

It's a Galway based station would have been a tougher decision if it was Cavan vs Galway U-21 semi final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on April 17, 2012, 06:13:06 PM
It boils down to the hurling containing Dublin and Galway. Better ratings. A far higher percentage of those who would tune in. record the  Ros/Cavan game will be going to the game and both counties don't exactly have huge populations to begin with. It's annoying as a Roscommon supporter but this is a decision every TV station would make ten times out of ten.

I would say the fact that Dublin are in the hurling is probably a bigger factor in their decision than Galway being in it. Even if they just get a smattering of casual Dublin fans tuning in it should attract a fairly big audience along with their U-21 footballers playing also.

Denn Forever

Just disappointed as I won't make it to Longford.  Not surprised with the decision just hate the fact that I'll have to listen to Tynan on Northern Sound or "Hairy Mary" on Shannonside.  In fact it will probably a joint commentary.  Damn.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ross4life

If my memory serves me correctly TG4 showed the Donegal v Tipp U-21 semi final live instead of our semi v Dublin two years ago. If it was a hurling league final fair enough but relegation game? anyways doesn't matter to me as i'll be at the game in Longford.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

tommysmith

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 17, 2012, 07:05:53 PM
Just disappointed as I won't make it to Longford.  Not surprised with the decision just hate the fact that I'll have to listen to Tynan on Northern Sound or "Hairy Mary" on Shannonside.  In fact it will probably a joint commentary.  Damn.

Just watch the game on TG4 online.

ross4life

Two big All Ireland semi finals on tomorrow & very little talk here.. Would have to fancy the Dubs to defeat Cork, apparently Cork's full back isn't their strongest while Ciarán Kilkenny & co will expose any weakness. Other semi is a real 50/50 but after defeating Armagh,Derry,Tyrone i think Cavan will be expecting to beat us but if we play like we did vs Mayo i'd fancy us to win.

Best of luck to Nigel Dineen & all the players.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on April 20, 2012, 09:03:17 PM
Two big All Ireland semi finals on tomorrow & very little talk here.. Would have to fancy the Dubs to defeat Cork, apparently Cork's full back isn't their strongest while Ciarán Kilkenny & co will expose any weakness. Other semi is a real 50/50 but after defeating Armagh,Derry,Tyrone i think Cavan will be expecting to beat us but if we play like we did vs Mayo i'd fancy us to win.

Going to wedge the first half of Dublin-Cork on TG4 before I hit the road for Longford. Should be a great game tomorrow. Well, unless you're stuck on the terrace. Bring your best rain ponchos!

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on April 20, 2012, 09:17:04 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 20, 2012, 09:03:17 PM

Going to wedge the first half of Dublin-Cork on TG4 before I hit the road for Longford. Should be a great game tomorrow. Well, unless you're stuck on the terrace. Bring your best rain ponchos!

Traffic on route is going to be bottleneck my target is to arrive in Longford at 3pm catch the 2nd half of Dublin v Cork in the bar & then onto Pearse park. Weather couldn't be much worse than the Leitrim,Mayo games last summer?

seafoid

Best of luck to the Rossies tomorrow
It would be great if whoever wins this match can win the All Ireland.