Death of a Kangaroo at Dublin Birthday party.

Started by The Real Laoislad, October 19, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

As a cat lover I am just pointing out the double standards.  Ignore the posts if they are stressing you out Gabriel  ;)

Archie Mitchell

pintsofguinness

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 20, 2010, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 20, 2010, 01:56:02 PM
Please explain how this is the case and please bear in mind that there is a huge difference between the abuse and needless killing of animals and rearing animals for food. 

OK but you bear in mind I responded to posts talking about electric chairs and disembowelment for the offenders!

Our society purchases food/products imported from all over the world. Your purchase may not have come from as well a treated source as you think. Animal testing springs to mind, animals being crammed into tight, dirty living quarters for most of their lives springs to mind. The suffering of animals from pollution and waste springs to mind. The destruction of natural habitats to mine for some resource or another that is used for some needless bauble we are all to ready to shell out for, also. Are they all necessary and is there no wastage involved?

Yes, no 1 animal might suffer as much as this kangaroo did on that one night when it was apparently given the william wallace treatment on a dublin dancefloor but FFS we as a society buy food and products everyday that overall contribute to the suffering of millions of animals.

In answer to your 2nd question, you can be outraged all you want. Don't get me wrong, i think these folks are tramps, but i'll not be marching in the streets over it and neither will other posters who are foaming at the mouth. I am not denying people their right to be outraged at all, just commenting on it as by and large 'hot air' with about as much backbone as a tabloid headline. I always suspect that a lot of people treat outrage as something to indulge in round the kitchen table and try to out do each other in terms of articulating what grisly punishment fits the bill. Hot air merchants who go beyond rational condemnation.

Your last question is that condescending I couldn't be bothered replying to it. I think its quite clear my reply was levelled at the disproportion of the outrage rather than the presence of it.
and you can't see the difference between what happened to this kangaroo and animals being reared for food? granted there could probably be improvements in the living conditions of some of animals which I'd be all for but it's a completely separate issue.
You seem to suggest in your initial post that we couldn't be outraged if we didn't go to gaza or africa, if we ate meat and because children suffer in the world.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Capt Pat

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 20, 2010, 05:37:33 PM
Did the Kangaroo actually die?

Does it matter, not when there are papers to sell. How would it have died?

The Worker

Theres an australian restaurant in armagh which sells kangaroo meat, Uluru.

Bit like beef, more chewy.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 20, 2010, 07:11:16 PM
and you can't see the difference between what happened to this kangaroo and animals being reared for food?

yes POG, i can indeed see the difference between an animal that has been reared well, in good conditions and slaughtered as quickly and as painlessly as possible, and the treatment of the kangaroo.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 20, 2010, 07:11:16 PM
You seem to suggest in your initial post that we couldn't be outraged if we didn't go to gaza or africa, if we ate meat and because children suffer in the world.
Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 20, 2010, 03:38:32 PM
I think its quite clear my reply was levelled at the disproportion of the outrage rather than the presence of it.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

armaghniac

QuoteAs a cat lover I am just pointing out the double standards.

By cat lover do you mean that you eat the odd cat when not having a chicken killing frenzy?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Archie Mitchell

I wonder is Skippy still available for functions?

thebigfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 22, 2010, 10:13:49 PM
I wonder is Skippy still available for functions?

Fcuk sake Archie, the place for crude tasteless jokes is the Thatcher thread  ::)

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: hardstation on October 22, 2010, 10:25:36 PM
Did this kangaroo die? Was it given drink or drugs?

I watched the video and although it may have been 'very irresponsible', it was just some eejit dancing with a kangaroo. Hardly a big deal.

Exactly. I haven't seen the death notice in the Irish News yet or the toxicology report so he must be alright.

thebigfella

I watched the video and although it may have been 'very irresponsible', it was just some eejit dancing with a kangaroo. Hardly a big deal.

I think it was dealing, smuggled the drugs in it's pouch.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: thebigfella on October 22, 2010, 10:28:58 PM

I think it was dealing, smuggled the drugs in it's pouch.

Your man must have been giving him a good shake down then to get the drugs out of him. Case closed!

longrunsthefox

Outrage at kangaroo cruelty but no sympathy for wee pussy cats and K9s  :-\   

gawa316

Just watched the video there and it's disgusting.

Any word on the person/people responsible getting prosecuted?