Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Watched Dark Waters, shameful stuff from Du Pont, knowly poisoning a significant portion of the population of West Virginia. Deaths, Cancer, Organ enlargement & gross bodily defects. Horrendous stuff really.

thewobbler

Agree on 1917.

A really good start gave way to a rather numbing and uninteresting final hour.

I'd have some sympathy for the filmmakers in that Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers did such an exhaustive piece on the insanity and randomness of war, that trying to take this angle without feeling like a copycat film is a tremendous challenge. Cinematography can't disguise that this was a story with no discernible middle.

screenexile

Got around to watching Jojo Rabbit and absolutely loved it!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 17, 2020, 08:46:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2020, 10:52:40 PM
Just watched Lost lives on BBC 1, horrific.

No doubt AFM will be on to tell me yo fuvk up

Was that last night?
Aye 9pm on BBC1 NI.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Rois on February 16, 2020, 10:17:25 PM
If you or any of your nearest and dearest think of going to see Emma (Jane Austen film), don't bother.

Invaluable information to have if / when this is a suggested film choice! 8)

Capt Pat

Disagree with what is being said about 1917. I thought it was very good and have seen it a few times.

joemamas

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 17, 2020, 08:06:42 PM
Disagree with what is being said about 1917. I thought it was very good and have seen it a few times.

Saw it Saturday, thought it was average at best.  Somewhat boring 2/4

Week before saw "The Gentlemen" 4/4, thought it was incredibly well written .

Tony Baloney

Quote from: joemamas on February 17, 2020, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 17, 2020, 08:06:42 PM

Saw it Saturday, thought it was average at best.  Somewhat boring 2/4

Week before saw "The Gentlemen" 4/4, thought it was incredibly well written .
Are you joking?

screenexile

Thought there would be more action on here given the lockdown!!

The gentlemen - Your typical Guy Ritchie film gangsters, craziness, laughs, stars I enjoyed it but probably not going to pick up many awards 7.5/10 (Farrell is a great comic actor)

Knives Out - Also very enjoyable Daniel Craig's southern accent is brilliant it's a very cheesy murder mystery with another all star cast 8/10

Hoping to watch Us tomorrow night enjoyed Get Out so hoping Peele's second is as good.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on March 26, 2020, 11:49:06 PM
Thought there would be more action on here given the lockdown!!

The gentlemen - Your typical Guy Ritchie film gangsters, craziness, laughs, stars I enjoyed it but probably not going to pick up many awards 7.5/10 (Farrell is a great comic actor)

Knives Out - Also very enjoyable Daniel Craig's southern accent is brilliant it's a very cheesy murder mystery with another all star cast 8/10

Hoping to watch Us tomorrow night enjoyed Get Out so hoping Peele's second is as good.

Contagion!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

gallsman

Watched Snowpiercer with Chris Evans a couple of weeks sheet watching Parasite from the same director. Great movie.

tbrick18

Personally, I'm struggling to watch much as the whole situation is stressing me.
I've 6 kids in the house and am working from home. Trying to keep them entertained (and fed) at least in some part means loads of kids movies.

Any recommendations for kids movies? We've been through a lot of them. we watched the Sonic movie and Onward over the last week.
Both are good shows.

Taylor

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 27, 2020, 12:29:48 PM
Personally, I'm struggling to watch much as the whole situation is stressing me.
I've 6 kids in the house and am working from home. Trying to keep them entertained (and fed) at least in some part means loads of kids movies.

Any recommendations for kids movies? We've been through a lot of them. we watched the Sonic movie and Onward over the last week.
Both are good shows.

6 kids?!?! Have you only purchased a TV?  ;D

Get Youtube on - kids can watch whatever they want and it will keep them entertained