European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

It's funny when a goal is ruled out, after a player has gone mental celebrating.

Likewise, it's bizarre seeing players celebrate after maybe a two minute wait on whether the goal will stand.

Aaron Boone

Saturday lunchtime for more of City v Spurs.  VAR not invited.

Tony Baloney

Want to see another big Spurs performance in the league. I think Aguero was marginally offside but very close and obviously very harsh on City.

mouview

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 17, 2019, 11:24:58 PM
Want to see another big Spurs performance in the league. I think Aguero was marginally offside but very close and obviously very harsh on City.

Second season in a row in the CL they've been denied a key goal by a very marginal offside call.
Llorente's goal was more a clearcut infringement than MU's peno at PSG.

Hound

The fact that it slightly brushed Llorente's arm doesn't make it handball. Completely different to the PSG and Rose incidents.

Anyone who thinks the Llorente goal shouldn't have stood should go join Rio in the stupid corner.

Main Street

Quote from: Hound on April 18, 2019, 07:22:45 AM
The fact that it slightly brushed Llorente's arm doesn't make it handball. Completely different to the PSG and Rose incidents.

Anyone who thinks the Llorente goal shouldn't have stood should go join Rio in the stupid corner.
I thought the ball came off the hip, goal was correct decision. Other pictures show the ball brushing Llorente's arm, if so then Rio is  correct.

seafoid

"As the green shorts leapt and danced it felt like the most fittingly shapeless of winning goals; decisive moment in a competition that refuses to bend to Guardiola's will but continues to remain thrillingly out of reach. "
– Guardian
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Guardiola took on a huge job with Man City
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

It makes you wonder how good really is Guardiola? He hasn't won the CL since Barcelona were at their peak in 2011. That Barcelona team could have won those CL's with Big Sam in charge.

Maroon Manc

Its not a handball under the current law but under next seasons rule change it could be.

As for Pep his record in Europe is never questioned by the media, he gets a free ride from them. He inherited a brillaint Bayern side and never went close on winning it and then inherited a very good City side and then spent over £500m yet still hasn't got close to winning it. In all 3 years he's been knocked out by teams you wouldn't class as one of Europe's strongest. This was a brilliant chance to win it, with 3 of Europe's big 4 in transition, PSG out and Italy's best club looking like their finished at the top level too. That won't happen every season.

Main Street

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 18, 2019, 09:32:46 AM
Its not a handball under the current law but under next seasons rule change it could be.
That's fair enough, Llorente's goal was legit and that type of contact might still might be legit next season.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 18, 2019, 09:32:46 AM

Yep agreed. I did some reading on silhouette rule etc. Looks like a lot of changes next year. I dunno how referees keep up with all this stuff.

tiempo

Enjoyed the suspense but felt like that offide for the City late goal was a load of bollocks, the City player tried to intercept the ball from Spurs player it hit him and ran into path of Augero, no way can that ricochet be considered a pass, but for their financial doping City can have it with bells on

TabClear

Quote from: tiempo on April 18, 2019, 12:11:21 PM
Enjoyed the suspense but felt like that offide for the City late goal was a load of bollocks, the City player tried to intercept the ball from Spurs player it hit him and ran into path of Augero, no way can that ricochet be considered a pass, but for their financial doping City can have it with bells on

There is no provision for intent in the offside rule so whether it was a ricochet or not is irrelevant.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by..

A city player had the last touch and when he did Aguero was in an offside position so he was offside.

The handball rule changes are going to cause chaos next year.

Jeepers Creepers

I thought the footage used by the VAR screen for Llorentes 'handball' at pitch side was far from the best angle that BT sports were showing.