China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Taylor on April 07, 2021, 12:13:07 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 07, 2021, 12:02:22 PM
How many men here been vaccinated already? Got the first jab a month ago. Sore arm next day, but like the normal flu jab I get each Yr. Don't understand the point of view of anti vacs, as we all got the triple booster when younger for tetanus, polio, etc. If you sick u at the doctors looking antibiotics / medical steroids to improve your health. How's getting this injection 💉 any different.

Got the jab yesterday.
Like you weasel a bit of a sore arm today but nothing else.

I can assure you if there was a vaccine passport introduced for foreign travel or restaurants etc all of these people saying they wouldnt get it would be in the queue looking it.

Lets see how strong their 'beliefs' are then

Few outside Derry City will know of our infamous GP Anne McCloskey. The lady is clearly unhinged, but has quite a following online which makes her and her beliefs quite dangerous. She is now telling her followers that the vaccine is being used to eliminate community and family bonds / units by altering genes and dna.
And you're right Taylor, we'll see how principled the anti-vaxx crew are when it comes to holidaying abroad.

Tony Baloney

How many men here been vaccinated already? Got the first jab a month ago. Sore arm next day, but like the normal flu jab I get each Yr. Don't understand the point of view of anti vacs, as we all got the triple booster when younger for tetanus, polio, etc. If you sick u at the doctors looking antibiotics / medical steroids to improve your health. How's getting this injection 💉 any different.
1st Pfizer in me weeks ago and back for the 2nd in 4 weeks. Didn't even have the sore arm. Brother in law had the AZ and felt a bit rubbish for a couple of days but grand thereafter.

GetOverTheBar

Got the jab yesterday.

I can assure you if there was a vaccine passport introduced for foreign travel or restaurants etc all of these people saying they wouldnt get it would be in the queue looking it.

You realise that is coercing people into taking something they don't want to take?

The rights and wrongs aside, I've said many times I will take the vaccination, I am not anti Vaxx or pushing any agenda but we cannot force people to put something into their bodies they don't want to. It is against everything the free world stands for.

There must be an education and defeat of that mindset by data, science and time.....This notion of passports and mandatory vaccination is very, very dangerous. It's how democracy starts to slip into authoritarianism. I don't think we should be encouraging this type of thing whatsoever.

What would be next for example?

JoG2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 07, 2021, 02:22:11 PM

Got the jab yesterday.

You realise that is coercing people into taking something they don't want to take?

The rights and wrongs aside, I've said many times I will take the vaccination, I am not anti Vaxx or pushing any agenda but we cannot force people to put something into their bodies they don't want to. It is against everything the free world stands for.

There must be an education and defeat of that mindset by data, science and time.....This notion of passports and mandatory vaccination is very, very dangerous. It's how democracy starts to slip into authoritarianism. I don't think we should be encouraging this type of thing whatsoever.

Take the word 'restaurant' out of the text, and it's nothing new. I can't see the introduction of a vaccine passport for anything beyond foreign travel. Have you seen the list of vaccines required when applying for a Green Card? South East Asia, African travel etc demand vaccines. No difference imo with this only its on a wider scale

Angelo

Got the jab yesterday.

Deary, deary me.

Maybe tell the families of the people in Norway, Austria, Georgia, Sweden and elsewhere who died from blood clotting or a severe reaction to the AZ vaccine that it should be made mandatory on everyone.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on April 07, 2021, 02:30:02 PM

Got the jab yesterday.

Deary, deary me.

Maybe tell the families of the people in Norway, Austria, Georgia, Sweden and elsewhere who died from blood clotting or a severe reaction to the AZ vaccine that it should be made mandatory on everyone.

You'll be first in line with sleeve rolled up looking it. A show pony.

While you are here any comments, you've been asked before, about the situation in India that you claimed was baffling scientists as covid was disappearing and them with no lockdown, in your eyes, and now look at it?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: JoG2 on April 07, 2021, 02:27:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 07, 2021, 02:22:11 PM

Got the jab yesterday.

Take the word 'restaurant' out of the text, and it's nothing new. I can't see the introduction of a vaccine passport for anything beyond foreign travel. Have you seen the list of vaccines required when applying for a Green Card? South East Asia, African travel etc demand vaccines. No difference imo with this only its on a wider scale

That would be fair enough in that respect, I meant it regarding a domestic, kind of hard system where those who don't take the vaccine are excluded from society. That is a dark, dark path to even think about going down.

Are we seriously suggesting you must prove you have a vaccination to enter a Bar? Do we have vaccinated only Bars? Do we have run riot no rules Bars? It's mad.

I mean look, if you have the vaccine now at this stage, fair play to you - what odds to you who does or doesn't take it thereafter really? Seems a bit strange considering that the uptake is very high and things are going well.

sid waddell

Quote from: JoG2 on April 07, 2021, 01:51:11 PM

Got the jab yesterday.

Few outside Derry City will know of our infamous GP Anne McCloskey. The lady is clearly unhinged, but has quite a following online which makes her and her beliefs quite dangerous. She is now telling her followers that the vaccine is being used to eliminate community and family bonds / units by altering genes and dna.
And you're right Taylor, we'll see how principled the anti-vaxx crew are when it comes to holidaying abroad.
Conspiracy "thinking" always has a ready market in a crisis

The epidemic of conspiracism and disinformation the world is currently under attack from, the sort of "thinking" epitomised by several posters here, is reminiscent of the conspiracist nonsense that was allowed to spread in Germany after World War I

And we all know where that ultimately led to

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on April 07, 2021, 02:48:40 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 07, 2021, 01:51:11 PM

Got the jab yesterday.

Conspiracy "thinking" always has a ready market in a crisis

The epidemic of conspiracism and disinformation the world is currently under attack from, the sort of "thinking" epitomised by several posters here, is reminiscent of the conspiracist nonsense that was allowed to spread in Germany after World War I

And we all know where that ultimately led to

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

So easily triggered  ;D

bennydorano

Got my AZ vaccination today there with a local Pharmacy. Interesting that he took the time to tell me it will be uploaded to my GP system / NHS number and will undoubtedly form part of the Passporting system that is coming.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on April 07, 2021, 03:40:18 PM
Got my AZ vaccination today there with a local Pharmacy. Interesting that he took the time to tell me it will be uploaded to my GP system / NHS number and will undoubtedly form part of the Passporting system that is coming.

Linked into the apps being tested by many major airlines atm which will, (if vaccinated) allow the flight booker onto their flight booking pages. Seems to be the way things are moving.

Evil Genius

Quote from: bennydorano on April 07, 2021, 03:40:18 PM
It has to be recorded by the NHS, to see that no-one is being left out, and call people for their second jab etc.

But it is a hell of a long way from merely updating existing NHS attendance records, to rolling out a nationwide Passport scheme - even if the political will for one exists (not certain).

Unless, of course, your Pharmacist has some sort of hotline to No.10 that the rest of us don't know about?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Taylor

There is lots of debate about domestic vaccine passports & the rights and wrongs of it.

I can see how some people say it will infringe on their rights and being able to live a normalish life and thats a fair point which will be heavily scrutinised.

A question for anyone who refuses to take the vaccine - if this means no foreign countries will allow you entry for the rest of your days are you willing to stand by your ideology/beliefs?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on April 07, 2021, 04:41:33 PM
There is lots of debate about domestic vaccine passports & the rights and wrongs of it.

I can see how some people say it will infringe on their rights and being able to live a normalish life and thats a fair point which will be heavily scrutinised.

A question for anyone who refuses to take the vaccine - if this means no foreign countries will allow you entry for the rest of your days are you willing to stand by your ideology/beliefs?

As someone has said already, we require passports to move around the globe, we require malaria vaccines for entry into certain countries. We vaccinate our children, we take antibiotics when we feel poorly and replace our blood if we required a transfusion.

The cries of its against free will and so on is a fair point, the simple answer is take it, don't take it or take it when you feel its ok to take it, in the meantime, business like travel will have to get back to normal, the mental health of these workers needs to be taken into consideration, being out of work will have brought on so much stress for this trade as it has done for the hospitality trades. Also the stress of people being couped up longer will only make mental health matters worse, not better.

I know one particular poster has been championing the plight of these people to nearly every post on here, as bad as those caring PT's.

So if you are concerned about the health, mental health, the fallen business's and loss of employment, then take a moment, think, and take the jab ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea